Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    At 24 y/o rivaldo was carrying , he could not even carry the most stacked team in olympics history
    The '94-'98 Nigerian squad is the GOAT African team & could have won the WC if it was held in '96, tbh.

They beat an Argentinean squad in the Gold medal match that had Zanetti/Simeone/Crespo/Ortega/Claudio Lopez/Ayala. Brazil couldn't handle Kanu/Okocha/Amokachi/Ikpeba without Cafu/Dunga & Babayaro ran a train on Roberto Carlos.

Ney lost to Mexico who almost got KO'd by Senegal in the QF & Griezmann choked on his own soil against Portugal whom most argue had no business being in the Finals.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-12-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Neymar would have been Mario Jardel status with NT in any other Brazilian soccer era..

Comparing him with Rivaldo ..

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    The '94-'98 Nigerian squad is the GOAT African team & could have won the WC if it was held in '96, tbh.

They beat an Argentinean squad in the Gold medal match that had Zanetti/Simeone/Crespo/Ortega/Claudio Lopez. Brazil couldn't handle Kanu/Okocha/Amokachi/Ikpeba without Cafu/Dunga & Babayaro ran a train on Roberto Carlos.

Ney lost to Mexico who almost got KO'd by Senegal in the QF & Griezmann choked on his own soil against Portugal whom most argue had no business being in the Finals.
    ya go ahead and compare both squad... only time rivaldo was the alpha dog for Brazil nt he ended up with a bronze medal... spinning dat .., but but Nigeria but but okocha I saw dude playing a bunch of his career you maybe right after all okocha >>> rivaldo

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    ya go ahead and compare both squad... only time rivaldo was the alpha dog for Brazil nt he ended up with a bronze medal... spinning dat .., but but Nigeria but but okocha I saw dude playing a bunch of his career you maybe right after all okocha >>> rivaldo
    Your boy Henry aka Rivaldo 2.0 didn't even win a medal as the alpha, Zidane had to come out of retirement to rescue the team.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-11-2016 at 08:46 AM.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Neymar is more talented and it's not event close, if you don't see that you are a clown, he has probably more ball handling with his left foot than rivaldo both hands. At 24 y/o Neymar career > 24 y/o rivaldo career, nobody knows what career will be the best but at this age it's also not even close.

then I'm not sure why I bother tbh, kawhistorm and some others must be 20-25 y/o, in 96 they certainly were still ting their pants in b4 somebody explains to me by looking two vids and Wikipedia page who is jay jay okocha

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Your boy Henry aka Rivaldo 2.0 didn't even win a medal as the alpha.
    that's a common thing with rivaldo but then he was not playing with Ronaldo bebeto and Roberto Carlos among others. But hiw would you know anyway you probably never saw rivaldo playing other than footage

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    that's a common thing with rivaldo but then he was not playing with Ronaldo bebeto and Roberto Carlos among others. But at would you know anyway you probably never saw rivaldo playing other than footage
    Yeah he only had Viera/Makelele/Desailly/Thuram/Pe /Trezeguet/Wiltord & led the team to the worst ever performance by a defending champion at the '02 WC when Zidane was injured.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    kawhistorm and some others must be 20-25 y/o, in 96 they certainly were still ting their pants in b4 somebody explains to me by looking two vids and Wikipedia page who is jay jay okocha
    I'm an 80s baby son, I grew up watching Futbol when Ajax was running shyt w/ Nigerian talent & folks barely knew who Zidana/Ronaldo were outside of France/Brazil.

Veteran
    Post Count
    I don't think even Brazilians would put the 02 team in their top 3. That team needed penalties awarded outside the box and redcards from flops just to beat turkey, the playmaking was poor and the defense a bunch of stiffs. Imo, the weakest of all the brasil champ teams.

Still better than 2010 Spain, I agree with that

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Yeah he only had Viera/Makelele/Desailly/Thuram/Pe /Trezeguet/Wiltord & led the team to the worst ever performance by a defending champion at the '02 WC when Zidane was injured.
    duh I was talking about olympics... that was the aim of the post... try to keep up... you were talking about medal

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    I'm an 80s baby son, I grew up watching Futbol when Ajax was running shyt w/ Nigerian talent & folks barely knew who Zidana/Ronaldo were outside of France/Brazil.
    early 80's or final 80's ?

I'm born end of 70s. This period of Okocha, Nigeria, olympics 96, Rivaldo era, Ronaldo etc... was the period I watched the most sport in my life, from 15 to 22/23 I was hard core sport fan: foot, rugby, nba (when possible), tennis, you name it, I almost quit studying to play rugby... I was reading l'equipe everyday back in those days. I've seen for instance tons of games of Okocha era (I was in Paris) with Ali Benardia (big up to Lefty), Vampeta (the Brazilian got with a mustache ) we were calling him Vampetoune, Anelka, Laurent Robert

so yeah I know quite a bit of this period

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Benarbia tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And if we are going to talk about Algerian players in PSG, let's talk about Mustapha Dahleb, one of the PSG GOATS

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He wasn't a regular in Brazil's NT but from that era I remember Djalminha. That 's dribbling was insane.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    duh I was talking about olympics... that was the aim of the post... try to keep up... you were talking about medal
    Henry couldn't even win a game let alone get to the medal match.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    early 80's or final 80's ?
    '86, the year of the God! (c) Rakim

I'm born end of 70s. This period of Okocha, Nigeria, olympics 96, Rivaldo era, Ronaldo etc... was the period I watched the most sport in my life, from 15 to 22/23 I was hard core sport fan: foot, rugby, nba (when possible), tennis, you name it, I almost quit studying to play rugby... I was reading l'equipe everyday back in those days. I've seen for instance tons of games of Okocha era (I was in Paris) with Ali Benardia (big up to Lefty), Vampeta (the Brazilian got with a mustache ) we were calling him Vampetoune, Anelka, Laurent Robert
    Then you should be aware that Africans were running futbol at that time, Weah was the best player in the world when Ronaldo/Zidane were just starting to make a name for themselves.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    '86, the year of the God! (c) Rakim

Then you should be aware that Africans were running futbol at that time, Weah was the best player in the world when Ronaldo/Zidane were just starting to make a name for themselves.
    Yes I'm pretty aware they had a lot of talents but Kanu and Jayjay are nowhere close to be weah my point being Nigeria had a great team in 96 but it was not some sort of goat olympics squad. At the end 24 y/o Rivaldo lead Brazil failed to win this olympic tournament with a pretty stacked team: 23 y/o Carlos, 32 y/o bebeto, dat Savio who played for Bordeaux (good player), 19 y/o Ronaldo... a bunch of this team played at least once in France btw while Neymar won it.

'86 so yeah you were pretty young in 96

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    why the hate bra ? He ed up in selection or something ?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    And if we are going to talk about Algerian players in PSG, let's talk about Mustapha Dahleb, one of the PSG GOATS
    I was a bit young to know him well but yeah he is IIRC top 3 or 5 top PSG scorers

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I was a bit young to know him well but yeah he is IIRC top 3 or 5 top PSG scorers
    Nobody can top Daniel Bravo as the PSG goat though

I mean scapegoat

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Yes I'm pretty aware they had a lot of talents but Kanu and Jayjay are nowhere close to be weah my point being Nigeria had a great team in 96 but it was not some sort of goat olympics squad. At the end 24 y/o Rivaldo lead Brazil failed to win this olympic tournament with a pretty stacked team: 23 y/o Carlos, 32 y/o bebeto, dat Savio who played for Bordeaux (good player), 19 y/o Ronaldo... a bunch of this team played at least once in France btw while Neymar won it.
    Why don't we look at the '94 WC, Nigeria could EASILY have been in the Gold medal match if they didn't stop their relentless attack against Italy instead subbing in holding MFs after Amuneke/Amokachi got injured. That's what you get for having a European coach:

Add to that a young in-form Kanu/Ikpeba + Babayaro/West from the '96 squad & Jay-Jay/Olishi/Finidi who were just entering their primes in '96: That team would run a train on Brazil's defense (especially Carlos/Cafu being too adventurous) & only France would have had the athlete/discipline in '96 w/ the likes Desailly/Thuram/Vieira to quell their vicious counterattacks.

The '98 version of the Flying Eagles was a bootleg version as the two bulls (Amuneke/Amokachi) were out of commission due to injury & Yekini was washed up. Kanu also had the heart issue which forced him to sitout for essentially 2 years & was completely out of form.

You could say all you want about Jay-Jay but his style fit the NT perfectly b/c he was unstoppable in the open field & Nigeria's style was making runs to create havoc instead of playing Tiki-Taka since they were athletical superiror than everyone they played. That's the only team where Ronaldo didn't look like a man among boys, tbh. (Why doesn't Ronaldo as the best young player in the world get blamed for being shutout in the semis when Kanu at the same age scored a brace to beat a "loaded" Brazil squad?)
    A senior edition of Brazil-Nigeria would have been the match to make in '96 but alas the U-23 rule blocked.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    ^ I had forgot about Kanu heart condition tbh... he was a very talented player. Don't get me wrong I love jayjay he was a fan favorite in Paris. France is blessed with African players tbh my two favorites were weah of course and abedi pele. I hate marseille but they had such an amazing roster, the era of papin, pele and waddle... such great memories tbh I miss those old times, the mozer, Francescoli, tigana... the Paille cantona of Montpellier god good stuff

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Nobody can top Daniel Bravo as the PSG goat though

I mean scapegoat

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    why the hate bra ? He ed up in selection or something ?
    Took his sweet time before joining the NT.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    but but Giroud is talentless scrub

Thread Information