Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Porker to a lesser extent.

What should pop do so she dosent opt in of his contract?

I'm a strong advocate of letting Pau get his Stats so he opts out...He's going to be a even bigger waster of 15 million dollars when he turns 38 next year. Timmy didnt even get paid that much at the tail end of his career.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laprosy: 21 minutes, 2ast, 3TO, -15

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense is just so terrible at this age that there's really no way of disguising. I imagine Dedmon is going to continue to eat a ton of his minutes so long as he stays healthy. Our interior defense/rebounding is night and day when he's in compared to when Pau is. Wish we could mold them into one player tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew his performance last night was fools gold...

At his contract and role though 1 good game out of 10 is really all you need.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His defense is just so terrible at this age that there's really no way of disguising. I imagine Dedmon is going to continue to eat a ton of his minutes so long as he stays healthy. Our interior defense/rebounding is night and day when he's in compared to when Pau is. Wish we could mold them into one player tbh.
    Not only is his defense terrible, what makes it more frustrating is that he can obviously defend better than he can now, it's just that he just puts in ZERO effort. I mean there are breakaways where Gasol is keeping up with the opposing player only for him to not even attempt to block the shot or foul. Simply run with the guy and give him a free layup. It's like he's scared to foul. Might be the worst defensive big in SA history, just shocking and appalling that someone whose height alone should help at least to alter shots and grab rebounds doesn't even put his god damn hands up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to not fit well with the starters but there are nights he carries us for stretches offensively.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only is his defense terrible, what makes it more frustrating is that he can obviously defend better than he can now, it's just that he just puts in ZERO effort. I mean there are breakaways where Gasol is keeping up with the opposing player only for him to not even attempt to block the shot or foul. Simply run with the guy and give him a free layup. It's like he's scared to foul. Might be the worst defensive big in SA history, just shocking and appalling that someone whose height alone should help at least to alter shots and grab rebounds doesn't even put his god damn hands up.
    What the man? Have you watched Gaysol ever? He's a European. He's not high intensity D. He's a smart player, but he's never been great at defense. Who thought he was anything more than a big body? Not me. He was semi ty the last pretend Spurs signing. The issue with Pau is he doesn't have drive. He's a slow, white, 7 footer. Is what it is .

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the man? Have you watched Gaysol ever? He's a European. He's not high intensity D. He's a smart player, but he's never been great at defense. Who thought he was anything more than a big body? Not me. He was semi ty the last pretend Spurs signing. The issue with Pau is he doesn't have drive. He's a slow, white, 7 footer. Is what it is .
    No, it's also a remarkable lack of effort. Never thought he was a good defender, but could he defend better than he is now by putting in the tiniest bit of effort? Absolutely. He doesn't even attempt to challenge shots 90% of the time. It's obviously a big reason why Pop benches him as often as he does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he's just dogging it a little knowing his tired ass can't keep up 100% effort through the whole season...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Dedmon. And also start Mills. Start your best players. If a grown man can't handle being benched, he can go himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? It's the regular season. MVGasol will carry our head of the snake in the postseason just like he carried Porker's idol Kobe to two les.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrible Thread

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason for "slow starts" is because Parker, Kawhi and LMA are individual players who truly have a tough time getting others involved and can only really get shots for themselves on a consistent basis...Danny Green can't create or dribble to save his life as well

Honestly Gasol is probably the best in the SL at getting looks for others tbh either in the high post or on the low block passing out of double teams..Gasol isn't the one to blame and you can't blame his defense because the offense is the issue when it comes to the SL not the defense

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it's also a remarkable lack of effort. Never thought he was a good defender, but could he defend better than he is now by putting in the tiniest bit of effort? Absolutely. He doesn't even attempt to challenge shots 90% of the time. It's obviously a big reason why Pop benches him as often as he does.
    Biggest issue with Gasol on defense is he never shows his hands...as a player with tremendous length it's a shame that's the case but sometimes players have a tough time moving their feet while showing their hands..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to off load Gasol at the end of the season and pay Dedmon tbh

Dedmon is the future

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pau/Dedmon is a '14-'15 Love/Tristan 2.0

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    He's going to be a even bigger waster of 15 million dollars when he turns 38 next year. Timmy didnt even get paid that much at the tail end of his career.
    Pau can at least score even if he's 38 unlike Porker who has a cancerous contract similar to 40yr old Nash.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol would be effective against bench players.

A starting frontcourt of LMA, Dedmon, and Kawhi would be amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't really ecstatic when we signed him while every spurs fan friend I had on FB were rejoicing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we're stuck with him unfortunately. Best-case scenario is he accepts a bench role, which is also a longshot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say move that soft er to the bench and start Dedmond. Pau doesn't even attempt to block most shots coming in the paint. He just stands there looking stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau can at least score even if he's 38 unlike Porker who has a cancerous contract similar to 40yr old Nash.
    welp, expect him to a get a Kobe severance package after this bull contract is up next season. Probably around 17 or 18 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Dedmon and bring Pau off the bench! Parker is fine as long as they have a rim protector in there, which Pau definitely is not.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think benching Pau would be for the best, it would allow him to play more with Manu/Patty/Simmons to get him better looks as he would be the focal point of the bench offense. Even bringing him in at the 6 minute mark just so Dedmon can set the tone defensively would be great. I don't think Pau is the biggest reason spurs start slow because they had a habit of doing the same last year but their defense was incredible and allowed them to stay close when their offense was struggling. the problem is the Spurs have no real penetrators/playmakers in the SL forcing a lot of iso action and when the miss the first couple shots you might as well pencil the spurs in for another 15 point first quarter, imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think starting Dedmon would improve our starting lineup, he brings the energy from the start.

Thread Information