Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is some "agent orange" right here. Vintage lefty.
    Still got it .....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ CN melting down

what the do the kings need rest for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's NBA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    @ CN melting down
    LeBron nation ...don't talk about Legoat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nfl is turning pussy too .maybe America is getting soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nfl is turning pussy too .maybe America is getting soft
    The world is getting "pussified."

Can't say anything even remotely offensive (even in jest) lest you want to get figuratively cracked down on by the PC police. And for those "triggered" by offensive actions and comments, they now have designated safe spaces for special snowflake cry babies to retreat to.

Childhood and adult obesity is an epidemic in pretty much all developed countries. You know there's a problem when a ty smartphone game (Pokemon Go) is "praised" for getting people outside.

Technology (and the entertainment that comes from that technology, like videogames) is more hand-holdy and passive than ever, spoonfeeding you anything and everything without much effort required of the user (no wonder everyone is fat and has the attention span of a gnat).

And this pussification has spilled over into culture at large.

Today's Life, indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

planned rest? lol
    gotta be fresh for the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NEGOTIATIONS ....the league just agreed to extend the season and decrease pre-season. Teams just helping the union negotiate that deal. Nothing to see here

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when Iverson and co. averaging in 40s MPG while playing 82 out of 82 games, season in, season out...

Today's NBA ..
    Don't laugh. There's a reason why guys like Iverson and McGrady were done by age 32 while guys like Duncan who were given generous breaks from time to time were good until 40. There is a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Don't laugh. There's a reason why guys like Iverson and McGrady were done by age 32 while guys like Duncan who were given generous breaks from time to time were good until 40. There is a difference.
    lol McGrady was done because he never put in the work to maintain his body

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

travelling 4 hours and spending 800 bucks to see a rich athlete who doesn't know you play basketball for a quick 40 minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

AI and Tmcac has ty practice habits

As for TD, all great big men dont age as well as perimeter players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league as a whole is heavier and more athletic than ever. Explosive movements=tricking your body into going past it's limit=more injuries, this should be common knowledge lol...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol

AI and Tmcac has ty practice habits

As for TD, all great big men dont age as well as perimeter players
    Iverson responds also calls Era pussified
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...flects-new-era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The league as a whole is heavier and more athletic than ever. Explosive movements=tricking your body into going past it's limit=more injuries, this should be common knowledge lol...
    heavier? I don't think it has ever been as light tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    heavier? I don't think it has ever been as light tbh
    He could of said muscular. Fat is actually good for your body if you keep it in check. Most elite athletes are pretty fragile when you consider their whole regimen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking the " Today's NBA" is just a meme/shtick..

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The only people who are "sensitive" about the topic are "old-school" fans, who are angry for some reason that medical staffs are more informed now than they used to be and owners are less willing to risk injuries to the players they're giving millions of dollars to.

The old farts should just go watch old games on YouTube instead of constantly whining about how the league isn't exactly the same as it was 20 years ago.

The Kobe Effect
    Oh give me a break, the least they could do is at least call it an injury of some kind and save some dignity from what it really is. They could exaggerate some minor medical condition, especially a thyroid problem.

It just looks weak when players have been doing back-to-backs and playing 80+ games for decades. Stockton and Malone almost never missed a game between them (they played in 99% of their Utah games unless I'm mistaken and certainly 90%) and they played in one of the most brutal places you can play.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

travelling 4 hours and spending 800 bucks to see a rich athlete who doesn't know you play basketball for a quick 40 minutes
    Yeah imagine that, spending money to try and check out someone whose the best at what they do and they don't show. Let's just watch everything TV, listen on the radio and watch it when comes out on Blu-ray. I'd be pissed if I came to watch Michael Jackson and just got his brothers instead.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He could of said muscular. Fat is actually good for your body if you keep it in check. Most elite athletes are pretty fragile when you consider their whole regimen.
    Rough on the knees though. Gotta find a balance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resting players is a no-brainer, tbh..this thread is silly

Dozens of studies that have been published and released have shown the damage that these players endure, especially on back-to-backs..the traveling kills their bodies, and today's game is especially harmful, as the emphasis on the 3-pointer and lack of hand-checking(the laziest form of defense, aids unathletic/fat players) puts more pressure on their bodies on the defensive end(especially big men that were never accustomed to extending their defense to 20+ feet)..

This is like questioning why people stopped smoking cigarettes after the negative effects were proven

Of course fans and older players(most of them were coons, to be fair) hate it..the former hates it because there's nothing they loved more than watching Black men destroy their bodies for entertainment..

http://scores.espn.com/nba/story/_/i...duling-sit-nba
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 12-18-2016 at 09:54 PM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resting players is a no-brainer, tbh..this thread is silly

Dozens of studies that have been published and released have shown the damage that these players endure, especially on back-to-backs..the traveling kills their bodies, and today's game is especially harmful, as the emphasis on the 3-pointer and lack of hand-checking(the laziest form of defense, aids unathletic/fat/white players) puts more pressure on their bodies on the defensive end(especially big men that were never accustomed to extending their defense to 20+ feet)..

This is like questioning why people stopped smoking cigarettes after the negative effects were proven

Of course fans and older players(most of them were coons, to be fair) hate it..the former hates it because there's nothing they loved more than watching Black men destroy their bodies for entertainment..

http://scores.espn.com/nba/story/_/i...duling-sit-nba
    Lack of sleep is actually more of a culprit than any of the on-court physical demands a player faces (which you implied by saying how the traveling kills their bodies).

If you survey doctors and sports scientists around the world, the NBA's problem stems in large part from chronic lack of sleep, the body's natural performance-enhancing drug. How important is it? A recent Stanford University study found that shooting accuracy improved by 9 percent and 3-point percentage by 9.2 percent after basketball players spent at least 10 hours in bed for nocturnal sleep during a five-to-seven-week period. "We get this nice big surge of testosterone and human growth hormone when we get into deep sleep," Magness says. "The longer the deep sleep phase gets, the more HGH and testosterone you produce."
    The asshole in me says a lot of these players are probably not getting the sleep they need because they are likely out "in da club" after a game, especially in cities like LA, NY, and Miami. Even Yesterday's NBA favorites like Barkley and Shaq admitted to partying every night during their respective '93 and '06 Finals runs. Players like Kawhi no doubt take care of themselves in this regard, but it could explain why swaggy gots like JR Smith and OJ Mayo never lived up to the hype.

Thread Information