Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Worst QB in a division with pretty damn elite QB play, not too terribly much to be ashamed of.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Worst QB in a division with pretty damn elite QB play, not too terribly much to be ashamed of.

The only person that you can put above Newton is Drew Brees. Matt Ryan has had a long enough career, and even at his best (which he is way past his best) he could not lead his Falcons in the playoffs. And make no mistake - he will choke again in the playoffs, because he is soft, fumbles and takes terrible sacks. If he wins MVP I will give him his due, but until then he is not even consideration. And Winston really? Have you seen the inconsistencies in his decision making. He hasn't done in this league.

Even with Carolina playing like ass (and Cam to an extent), the Falcons/Bucs barely won the division. With all the injuries to this team it is just a matter of time before we take back the division next year. Newton doesn't need to complete 65% of his passes to take over games. When he does it it is just a plus.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Panthers would trade for Matt Ryan or Jameis Winston straight up, without hesitation, if that was ever on the table.

Scam is a great athlete and a horrible quarterback. The minute his athleticism declines, he'll be out of the league.

Post Count
    Newton doesn't need to complete 65% of his passes to take over games. When he does it it is just a plus.
    65%? can't even crack 50%. His accuracy throwing the ball is similar to Avante's accuracy on picking NFL games.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

The only person that you can put above Newton is Drew Brees. Matt Ryan has had a long enough career, and even at his best (which he is way past his best) he could not lead his Falcons in the playoffs. And make no mistake - he will choke again in the playoffs, because he is soft, fumbles and takes terrible sacks. If he wins MVP I will give him his due, but until then he is not even consideration. And Winston really? Have you seen the inconsistencies in his decision making. He hasn't done in this league.

Even with Carolina playing like ass (and Cam to an extent), the Falcons/Bucs barely won the division. With all the injuries to this team it is just a matter of time before we take back the division next year. Newton doesn't need to complete 65% of his passes to take over games. When he does it it is just a plus.
    Winston is a toughie but he doesn't have a receiving corps outside Mike Evans. The Panthers have an outstanding receiving corps and couldn't get it done this year. Brees always makes average receivers look good and Matt Ryan has a of a receiving corps.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    65%? can't even crack 50%. His accuracy throwing the ball is similar to Avante's accuracy on picking NFL games.
    Avante is ~60% on the season, last time I checked

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Is that ATS or straight up? Hitting 60% of every straight up pick is about as unimpressive as it gets.

Post Count
    Even if that's true, it's still far short of the 70% he used to claim he always hits every year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Let's go Cowboys, Redskins, and LIONS!!!!!

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Let's go Cowboys, Redskins, and LIONS!!!!!
    They all lost, good job.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They all lost, good job.
    Go Giants next week, seriously.

Post Count
    Least accurate QBs in 2016

1. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers
    C%+: Minus-6.1 percent

Newton's alarmingly low 52.9 completion percentage last season is in need of context -- he and Jameis Winston were the only full-time starters to average at least 10 air yards per attempt. According to ESPN Stats & Info, however, Newton had the highest rate of off-target throws (22.9 percent) while pressured and still had the third-highest rate (18.5 percent) when he was not under pressure. Newton's minus-6.1 percent C%+ in 2016 is the third-lowest season for any quarterback with at least 400 pass attempts since 2006, behind Blake Bortles' minus-6.8 percent in 2014 and Brett Favre's minus-6.2 percent in 2006.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...-nfl-2016-2017

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    I'm worried about Watson becoming a less pouty version of Newton tbh. He has pretty glaring accuracy issues.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Wanna have an sig bet he hits 60+ percent this year?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    One thing for sure, Cam Newton is far better than Tom Savage and Derek Anderson.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What are Newtons stats the last two weeks?

QB's with at least 4 wins

Alex Smith
    Carson Wentz
    Aaron Rodgers
    Cam Newton

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    He's played two poor defenses, but I'll give him credit for being the 3rd best QB in that division.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He's played two poor defenses, but I'll give him credit for being the 3rd best QB in that division.
    So what QB's do you have above Drew Brees/Matt Ryan?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    So what QB's do you have above Drew Brees/Matt Ryan?
    Not Scam but I had a feeling they would win. Lions were overrated especially by you listing them as one of your contenders when they're probably not making the playoffs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not Scam but I had a feeling they would win. Lions were overrated especially by you listing them as one of your contenders when they're probably not making the playoffs.
    Whoa~~~~

Answer the question, ok? How many QB do you have above Brees/Ryan....well? To slam Newton because he can't compare to those two......really?

Dude, what did I say about the Lions?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    matty piss hasn't done in this league without Julio holding his hand, tbh

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    matty piss hasn't done in this league without Julio holding his hand, tbh

You really play that silly ? Where would Marino be without Duper and Clayton, Where would Bradshaw be without Swann and Stallworth? Where would Jim Kelly be without Andre Reed? Where would Unitas be without Hall of Famers, Lenny Moore, Ray Berry, John Mackey? Where would Jerry Rice be without Montana and Young? Where would Aikman be without.....................

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Detroit's defense is actually extremely solid this year. Winning on the road is tough, but back to back against two great teams deserve credit.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Detroit's defense is actually extremely solid this year. Winning on the road is tough, but back to back against two great teams deserve credit.
    Very hard to win back to back road games in the NFL, and both the Pats/Lions have winning records. Newton deserves major props.

Thread Information