Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    CN, do you literally spend all day looking for Cam Newton stories?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You...

He sucks
    They are gots
    Struggle
    got
    They suck

Fivehead
    got

I have no doubts at all you flop off after ing, and...

Clipper Nation...shut up and go to sleep, got.

I have never seen anyone as negative as this little Clipper Nation. I bet a smile would crack his face.

Clipper Nation, I got's to know.....what do you like? You ever laughed?

Pay attention

You have to stop this stupid BS about a game, a play, a season, ok little guy? And if ya knew the game you'd know why.

I know ya won't get this.

Mike Marsh was just so so at 200m, then look at 1992, and he won the Olympic gold medal.
    1988 20.35 21 Eagle Rock CA May 14
    1989 20.42 24 Gainesville FL Apr 08
    1990 20.47 21 Eagle Rock CA May 12
    1991 20.44 23 Rome Jul 17
    1992 19.73 1 Barcelona
    1993 20.04 4 Eugene Jun 18
    1995 20.14 5 Brussels Aug 26
    1996 19.88 5 Atlanta May 18
    1997 20.30 16 Ingolstadt Jul 20
    2000 20.26 25 Sacramento Jul 22

Dude, stop acting like some rookie, ok?
    Last edited by Avante; 12-14-2016 at 09:47 PM.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Somebody is struggling with Cam's bad season

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Somebody is struggling with Cam's bad season
    Anybody who gets too anything over any season has no business talking football. Ya look at the...BODY OF WORK...and ya....GIVE THINGS SOME TIME. Remember 1000 yard rusher Don Woods, of course ya don't. Remember 1000 yard receiver Sammie White, let me guess..nope.

Look at Matt Flynn in 2016, he is having his best season. Where is Todd Gurley in 2016? It took O.J.Simpson 4 seasons to get it going,there was talk of...."bust?"

Rookies, get all freaked out over a play, a game, a season, guys who understand the game know better.

I don't expect to see the best of a QB until they reach 30.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Anybody who gets too anything over any season has no business talking football.
    He's had one season with a passer rating over 90. To put that in perspective, RW has not had one season below 90 passer rating. Not comparing the two but want to put that in perspective. Cam has had one really big year so what you say can apply to that as well.

Furthermore, I am not saying Cam is garbage by any means... my post was a jab at how angry you seem to be with people talking about Cam. Cam is an elite athlete with a very strong arm who has potential to be great... we will see if he gets there.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    He's had one season with a passer rating over 90. To put that in perspective, RW has not had one season below 90 passer rating. Not comparing the two but want to put that in perspective. Cam has had one really big year so what you say can apply to that as well.

Furthermore, I am not saying Cam is garbage by any means... my post was a jab at how angry you seem to be with people talking about Cam. Cam is an elite athlete with a very strong arm who has potential to be great... we will see if he gets there.
    I don't even like Newton, I just keep things real.

Clipper Nation calls Eli Manning a real QB while thrashing Newton. Totally ignoring the fact that Newton is only 27, now compare what he has done vs that real QB when he was 27 and younger. Eli having his best season at 33.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MannEl00.htm

That real QB had 88 INT's his first six seasons, Newton 73.

That real QB had 124TD's, Newton 132 and that's not counting his rushing TD's.

As you can see Newton out played Eli at the same stage of the career. Why people always fail to take that sort of thing into consideration, yep...rookie. And if we toss in Newtons rushing it's really not that close.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...N/NewtCa00.htm

Look at all the GREAT QB's, none of them were better in their 20's than 30's. So ya ease off on being too critical of these young QB's.

I brag on Russell Wilson's first five seasons, which have been the best we have seen from any QB, BUT....he's obviously not on the same level as Brady, Peyton, Montana, Marino, after just five seasons. That's how ya work this.

Compare Montana's first five seasons to RW, it's all RW, compare Montana's career vs RW;s, it's easily Montana. It's done like that. Ya don't take a kid with just 5-7 years experience and, he's no Montana, ha~~~~~~

Look at Tom Brady pre 30 and post 30.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BradTo00.htm

Same with Peyton Manning (actually everyone)

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MannPe00.htm
    Last edited by Avante; 12-17-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    chirp chirp

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    translation

I get it makes no sense to compare guys with just 5-7 years experience vs those with over 10, but it's more fun to just thrash everyone. Acting stupid and talking in hiding, ya understand.

Almost forgot.... got.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    NFL MVP
    Heisman winner
    JC National Champion
    NFC Champion
    NCAA Champion

and he's thrash.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

The only trash here is Clipper " got" Nation. The only poster I've ever seen who hates 100% of everything. , , , wimper, wimper, wimper, wahwahwath, got, got, got.....CONSTANTLY~~~~~~~~~~~

Little , ya better do better than..chirping...ok ya little ? I've had enought of your negativity, and running everyone, everything down 100% of the time, got it?

Dude look at this...
    What a difference a year makes: 2015 MVP Cam Newton has the longest streak of sub-50 completion rates (4) since Tebow’s 6 straight in 2011.

....are you kidding me? So what happens (what a difference a year makes....RIGHT) a year from now and the guy is hot, he's cooking, yep, ya look totally stupid (nothing new). You don't play that stupidity for a 27 year old QB, ya dumb . Compare the 27 year old Tom Brady to the 34 year old Tom Brady.

At 27 TD/INT...28-14, at 34....39-12.

Rookies, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 12-17-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ing coward, must be breeding.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    My dad told me...."son, I better not hear of you starting any trouble at school, if I do I'll tan your hide, ok? And, I better not hear of you letting ayone push you around, ya knock him on his ass. If I hear of you being pushed around I'll kick your ass....ok?"

Obviously your dad was a coward, look at you, ha~~~~~~~~

Your dad...just hide and chirp at them son, us cowards are like that.

The others might stand by and watch you run everything/everyone down, I'm not wired that way ya little , got it? I always got my nut pushing bullies around, put a glem in my eye.
    Last edited by Avante; 12-17-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    I don't even like Newton, I just keep things real.

Clipper Nation calls Eli Manning a real QB while thrashing Newton. Totally ignoring the fact that Newton is only 27, now compare what he has done vs that real QB when he was 27 and younger. Eli having his best season at 33.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MannEl00.htm

That real QB had 88 INT's his first six seasons, Newton 73.

That real QB had 124TD's, Newton 132 and that's not counting his rushing TD's.

As you can see Newton out played Eli at the same stage of the career. Why people always fail to take that sort of thing into consideration, yep...rookie. And if we toss in Newtons rushing it's really not that close.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...N/NewtCa00.htm

Look at all the GREAT QB's, none of them were better in their 20's than 30's. So ya ease off on being too critical of these young QB's.

I brag on Russell Wilson's first five seasons, which have been the best we have seen from any QB, BUT....he's obviously not on the same level as Brady, Peyton, Montana, Marino, after just five seasons. That's how ya work this.

Compare Montana's first five seasons to RW, it's all RW, compare Montana's career vs RW;s, it's easily Montana. It's done like that. Ya don't take a kid with just 5-7 years experience and, he's no Montana, ha~~~~~~

Look at Tom Brady pre 30 and post 30.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BradTo00.htm

Same with Peyton Manning (actually everyone)

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MannPe00.htm
    Alright, I can dig that, I can agree with you that a QB's prime CAN start at around age 30. However with that being said, it doesn't mean every QB will turn into some super version of themself once they hit that number. I think Cam may actually be different in this regard though because unlike Brady, Manning, and any other traditional pocket passer, Cam's athleticism is one of his biggest weapons. His size and speed make him deadly outside of the pocket and was a big factor into him winning MVP. That athleticism may decline the older he gets and the more hits he takes, especially if he keeps getting hit the way he does.

To make my point again, Cam has the tools to be an elite QB and have more seasons like his 2015 season. Whether he does or does not, depends on so many factors and he may not be as elite as his standout year. It's just how potential works... and his season thus far has been pathetic by any MVP standards. I wish him the best but in my opinion, its too early to call him great and in the company of elite QB's such as Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc..

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Alright, I can dig that, I can agree with you that a QB's prime CAN start at around age 30. However with that being said, it doesn't mean every QB will turn into some super version of themself once they hit that number. I think Cam may actually be different in this regard though because unlike Brady, Manning, and any other traditional pocket passer, Cam's athleticism is one of his biggest weapons. His size and speed make him deadly outside of the pocket and was a big factor into him winning MVP. That athleticism may decline the older he gets and the more hits he takes, especially if he keeps getting hit the way he does.

To make my point again, Cam has the tools to be an elite QB and have more seasons like his 2015 season. Whether he does or does not, depends on so many factors and he may not be as elite as his standout year. It's just how potential works... and his season thus far has been pathetic by any MVP standards. I wish him the best but in my opinion, its too early to call him great and in the company of elite QB's such as Brady, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, etc..
    How many QB's showed the potential that Newton has shown in his pre 28 years football career? Best college player (and I do look at that) has won the champoinship at every level,JC, NCAA, NFC. Heisman/MVP....how many can say that?

We have seen so many of these guys not hit stride until 30ish, so why not be patient and see if guys like Newton, Wilson, Cousins, Luck aren't like so many others before bringing down the axe? Obviously all of them have shown they can play and it's real naive to think we have seen their best with just 5-7 seasons of NFL football. What QB peaked out at 28, I don't know of any.

Why this need to be too critical of pre30 QB's, knowing what we do about how this works? Look at all the greats like Montana, Brady, Peyton, Favre etc., look at their best seasons, it sure wasn't thier first 5-7 seasons.

Joe Montana
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MontJo01.htm
    Last edited by Avante; 12-18-2016 at 11:22 AM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    How many QB's showed the potential that Newton has shown in his pre 28 years football career? Best college player (and I do look at that) has won the champoinship at every level,JC, NCAA, NFC. Heisman/MVP....how many can say that?

We have seen so many of these guys not hit stride until 30ish, so why not be patient and see if guys like Newton, Wilson, Cousins, Luck aren't like so many others before bringing down the axe? Obviously all of them have shown they can play and it's real naive to think we have seen their best with just 5-7 seasons of NFL football. What QB peaked out at 28, I don't know of any.

Why this need to be too critical of pre30 QB's, knowing what we do about how this works? Look at all the greats like Montana, Brady, Peyton, Favre etc., look at their best seasons, it sure wasn't thier first 5-7 seasons.

Joe Montana
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MontJo01.htm
    Not that I have any proof, but I would bet that a lot of players that make it to the NFL were studs in their younger days at their high school, college, etc. There have been guys like Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Tim Tebow, Johnny Football, AJ McCarron that have had MAJOR success at the college level which didn't translate to them being greats in the NFL.

Yes, you are right in that we have seen guys hit their stride in their 30s, but the thing with that is if they aren't good to begin with, they aren't going to be playing in their 30s. The reason to be critical of a QB pre-30 is because the QB is arguably the most important position on a team... people want to see success no matter how old the QB is and age nor past accomplishments make them immune to failure. I get your point, you are saying that Newton is still young and has a lot of football (what you think to come is his best football) to play in his career. My point has been that no matter what you think his potential is, based on his one breakout year, he has a lot to prove. It isn't a given that because he won at his junior college, he won in the NCAA, and won MVP last season that he is going to be great. He had an amazing year and deserved the MVP... but has fallen off since then. His trend as of now is down. Could be him, could be the team, could be coaching, could be the scheme... only time will tell, thats my point.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not that I have any proof, but I would bet that a lot of players that make it to the NFL were studs in their younger days at their high school, college, etc. There have been guys like Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Tim Tebow, Johnny Football, AJ McCarron that have had MAJOR success at the college level which didn't translate to them being greats in the NFL.

Yes, you are right in that we have seen guys hit their stride in their 30s, but the thing with that is if they aren't good to begin with, they aren't going to be playing in their 30s. The reason to be critical of a QB pre-30 is because the QB is arguably the most important position on a team... people want to see success no matter how old the QB is and age nor past accomplishments make them immune to failure. I get your point, you are saying that Newton is still young and has a lot of football (what you think to come is his best football) to play in his career. My point has been that no matter what you think his potential is, based on his one breakout year, he has a lot to prove. It isn't a given that because he won at his junior college, he won in the NCAA, and won MVP last season that he is going to be great. He had an amazing year and deserved the MVP... but has fallen off since then. His trend as of now is down. Could be him, could be the team, could be coaching, could be the scheme... only time will tell, thats my point.
    It's real obvious that Newton will never be on a par with the highest level of QBing, like Brady, Montana, Peyton, Marino, Rodgers. But......how many are? He has shown he can win in the NFL, he is better than half the QB's out there right now in a down year. And, if we look at those greats, where were they at the same stage of their career, something most totally ignore, well I don't.

Give him a healty defense, Benjamin/Stewart and he does just fine. , stick him behind that Dallas line with Elliott and hows he doing?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's real obvious that Newton will never be on a par with the highest level of QBing, like Brady, Montana, Peyton, Marino, Rodgers.
    Interesting all white list you have there Crickets.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Interesting all white list you have there Crickets.
    Come on little fella...Crickets? Junior high was a long time ago, ok?

I could have put Moon in there but he'd be the only black QB who belongs on that level.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Come on little fella...Crickets? Junior high was a long time ago, ok?

I could have put Moon in there but he'd be the only black QB who belongs on that level.
    So why didn't you? ing racist.

Talk to me about Warren Moon.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What smart football fans do is this.

Smart football fan.....curious to see how Newton comes back in 2017, this has been as rough season.

Not act like some know nothing because a guy had a bad season. Yep...100% ROOKIE~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information