Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Yes, it is entertaining and has a healthy amount of parity but a lot of the matches I don't find to be as entertaining as the average La Liga match. I know EPL has a reputation for uptempo football but it seems very chaotic and disorganized at times.

Yet, I still see a lot of criticism for La Liga being a 3 team league yet the teams ranked 4-8 could definitely give the 4-8th ranked teams in the EPL a run for their money no question.

Well now that Atletico is 6th especially

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    "EPL = open football"

More like ty defenses and goalkeeping tbh

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I enjoy the games but the amount of idiotic "LOLiga" posts I see on other forums and "of course Messi and Ronaldo would get those numbers in a league" is ridiculous.

Along with "Messi wouldn't make it in the prem" even though Aguero, Sanchez, Fabregas, and Costa had no issues although that's another convo altogether.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The Messi wouldn't survive in the "more physical " EPL argument is ing re ed.
    He would likely double his numbers

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Yet, I still see a lot of criticism for La Liga being a 3 team league yet the teams ranked 4-8 could definitely give the 4-8th ranked teams in the EPL a run for their money no question.
    The only thing the EPL has going for it is that ANYONE can win the league, even bottom feeders like Leicester.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    The only thing the EPL has going for it is that ANYONE can win the league, even bottom feeders like Leicester.
    Seriously! Also, as much people rip on La Liga for being only a 3 team race, does anyone else really think anyone besides Chelsea will win it this year?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Mediocrity is spread evenly across the table, no elite teams and no good centerbacks

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Seriously! Also, as much people rip on La Liga for being only a 3 team race, does anyone else really think anyone besides Chelsea will win it this year?

MU a few years ago won the EPL 12 pts ahead of City

Leicester won the EPL
    Imagine Leicester playing in La Liga

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

MU a few years ago won the EPL 12 pts ahead of City

Leicester won the EPL
    Imagine Leicester playing in La Liga
    We'll get a taste of that with their CL matchup!

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    We'll get a taste of that with their CL matchup!

That' right they are playing Sevila

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    It's the best product from a marketing and presentation perspective, along with high level (not the best, Spain and Germany is better) football with more parity. Think of an evolved MLS on roids

And I don't think Chelsea is a lock at all for the EPL. They're a annual Costa vaginal tear from freefalling.

Like it or not, the financial structure of La Liga without revenue sharing (until recently) doesn't inspire any suspense, from a compe ion standpoint.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    All leagues have their flaws tbh during a long time calcio was ahead of every other league... nowadays I don't feel there is a clear cut between la liga and EPL tbh

I'm not sure for instance in what world the fact Leicester won EPL is bad... it's pretty cool actually... a strong league should be compe ive with more than 2 teams having a chance to win it

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Serie A has been pretty good during the last 2 seasons TBH

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    All leagues have their flaws tbh during a long time calcio was ahead of every other league... nowadays I don't feel there is a clear cut between la liga and EPL tbh

I'm not sure for instance in what world the fact Leicester won EPL is bad... it's pretty cool actually... a strong league should be compe ive with more than 2 teams having a chance to win it
    More than 2 teams have a chance to win because they're all evenly trash. That's why they never do anything in CL or Poopropa... if you grade a league bc you want a new winner each season, then I recommend Liga MX

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Juve Roma was such an upgrade over MU WBA

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They were the best in late 70's - mis 80's then again around '05, but football has evolved in Spain and Germany, Serie A and the Premier fell behind, and it shows at the Champions and Europa leagues.

The combination of precision, speed and strength with which top 6-8 La Liga teams play can't be matched anywhere.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    They were the best in late 70's - mis 80's then again around '05, but football has evolved in Spain and Germany, Serie A and the Premier fell behind, and it shows at the Champions and Europa leagues.
    How in the was the EPL better than Serie A at any point in the 80s? The EPL didn't start importing players until the 90s, Liverpool was running shyt b/c they had all the British stars on their team. Just because British teams won the CL it doesn't mean they were the best league since it used to be a straight knockout tournament were anything could happen. Villa/Forrest were getting smoked by Liverpool domestically when they won the European Cup.

Italy convincingly beating Brazil, Argentina, & West Germany on their way to winning the '82 WC proved they were the class footballing nation with their counter-attack tactics.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-20-2016 at 04:01 PM.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    No disrespect to the few Brit fans we have here, but the EPL is the WNBA of soccer, tbh...

No disrespect to the few Brit fans we have here, but the EPL is the WNBA of soccer, tbh...
    Way to disrespect the wnba

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    La Liga

Handful of good teams and then some pub teams to make up the numbers and act as beta stat-padders for Tax Evasion and GOATNaldo

Thread Information