Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So now the criteria for MVP is who chucks more off the dribble 3s?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So now the criteria for MVP is who chucks more off the dribble 3s?
    The criteria for MVP is who is most valuable to their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow 1 percent below average, which is pretty much at average
    And since when is "just below the average" shooting the norm for an MVP? Since when is shooting below 40% for the back end of the season the norm for an MVP? Stop trying to normalize it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The criteria for MVP is who is most valuable to their team.
    Why even bring that up then?
    Last edited by 140; 03-14-2017 at 01:15 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think LeBron isn't getting enough MVP love. He's been playing out of his mind since the new calendar year. Yeah yeah, voter fatigue...still seems weird how little discussion there's been about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think LeBron isn't getting enough MVP love. He's been playing out of his mind since the new calendar year. Yeah yeah, voter fatigue...still seems weird how little discussion there's been about him.
    Cavs have been mediocre. Lebron not being able to elevate his team's game in the ty East shouldn't be rewarded, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs have been mediocre. Lebron not being able to elevate his team's game in the ty East shouldn't be rewarded, tbh.
    Cavs aren't mediocre at all when LeBron is on the court, though

Cavs with LeBron on: +9.0
    Cavs with LeBron off: -8.1

Spurs with Kawhi on: +9.3
    Spurs with Kawhi off: +8.4

Not sure how LeBron is supposed to elevate his team's play while he's sitting on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs aren't mediocre at all when LeBron is on the court, though

Cavs with LeBron on: +9.0
    Cavs with LeBron off: -8.1

Spurs with Kawhi on: +9.3
    Spurs with Kawhi off: +8.4

Not sure how LeBron is supposed to elevate his team's play while he's sitting on the bench.
    Cavs are like 6-6 since Love went out. Cavs as a whole have had kind of a let down season. You don't win MVPs when your team underperforms.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    And since when is "just below the average" shooting the norm for an MVP? Since when is shooting below 40% for the back end of the season the norm for an MVP? Stop trying to normalize it.
    Derek Rose won MVP shooting 44%. Pretty sure that is an average percentage. Now kiss my shoes.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Oh and at Fkla pretending like the media cares about shooting percentage when Westbrook has been in the conversation all year shooting worse than Harden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Harden is the worst clutch performer of all MVP candidates. ..His style of play in close games the single reason why I am skeptical of the Rockets postseasons chances..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and at Fkla pretending like the media cares about shooting percentage when Westbrook has been in the conversation all year shooting worse than Harden.
    I honestly believe that if a team ran a total gimmicky season where 4 other players just never touched the ball, and one player had all the stats, even if the team never won a game, that player would be heralded as a great player by some in the media and some gots on this forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ball hogs don't pass at all. Btw, never said Kawhi was one.
    Not true. Ball hogs do pass to avoid a turnover. They are stat hogs, they will hog rebounds, assists and points. If the league started tracking between the leg dribbles, they'd be sure to count those as well in their repertoire. Anything to get numbers that fool casual fans and make talking points during contract negotiations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the excuse for lebron is this, when they win games they say his the best

when they lose games? his coasting...should reward mvp for coasting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derek Rose won MVP shooting 44%. Pretty sure that is an average percentage. Now kiss my shoes.
    That is not an average percentage for an MVP at all. The fact that one of the worst MVPs of all-time won it while shooting that badly doesn't normalize it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose didn't deserve MVP that year. Only reason he got it was because of the Bulls record. So, in any case, Rose's example should help Kawhi's chances, who is a lot more deserving this year than Rose in '11, tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    That is not an average percentage for an MVP at all. The fact that one of the worst MVPs of all-time won it while shooting that badly doesn't normalize it.
    It is average for a SG. How many SG win MVP? I'll wait...

BTW, Iverson won MVP while shooting 42%. Kobe won it shooting 45% which is a good percentage for a SHOOTING guard. Fkla

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lou Williams should be MVP tbh. Him and Gordon are absoulte mosnters in the Houston System. Every Guard in that System is a nightmare.

Believe.
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lou Williams should be MVP tbh. Him and Gordon are absoulte mosnters in the Houston System. Every Guard in that System is a nightmare.
    Gordon came back down to earth some time ago and Lou actually hasn't hit his stride in Houston.. I wouldn't claim they are absolute monsters.
    Last edited by Xsatyr; 03-16-2017 at 04:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kwa would have dunked that for the tie late vs Blazers that would have given him another point or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kwa would have dunked that for the tie late vs Blazers that would have given him another point or two.
    Yeah, I was at the game. He fudged that crunch time finger roll. He should have flushed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have again to see the " but but all his shots are assisted " as this is a bad thing or a proof of a player being less valuable than another... that's the worst take I have ever read in all those ST years and thats saying a lot...

my player is better because he does not catch and shoot, he creates his own 36% crap FG.... oh boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that was atrocious...soft as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that was atrocious...soft as
    I think Kwa anticipated that tall guy on Blazers Nukric was going to go up hard for the block.
    Was kind of surprising Nukric did not go up as tall as he could.
    I was surprised too.

Also, trail defender made really quick recovery and was siding Kwa.
    Combo of two is why chose finger roll.

Thread Information