Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In which way does Butler have more merit than Kawhi? He's posting worse stats on a much worse team.
    Bulls are the equivalent of the worst team in the NBA when Butler is off the floor IIRC..

I know that isn't how MVP is judged anymore, though, which is why I said it wasn't a prediction of the actual results..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bulls are the equivalent of the worst team in the NBA when Butler is off the floor IIRC..
    They are the equivalent of a below .500 team w/ him on the team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They are the equivalent of a below .500 team w/ him on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is da real MVP, tbh.

-----------PER---WS/48--RPM
    Kawhi --- 28.2 -- .273 --- 5.89
    Harden - 27.4 -- .251 --- 5.15

The fact that Harden is most people's early MVP choice while Kawhi doesn't even get mentioned is criminal, tbh.

I'm not whinning about Harden being ahead (even though as you can see Kawhi is performing better), I don't care about that. The difference is minimal and a case could be made for any of them (as you can see I had Harden as the number one in all of my previous updates, and he could put another 50 triple double tonight and leapfrog Kawhi in my mind again), what bothers me is the fact that most folks don't even have Kawhi in their top 5 candidates.

Lebron and Durant don't belong in the MVP discussion this year, much less be ahead of Kawhi. Lebron is having some very pedestrian numbers (for his GOAT standards) and the Cavs as a whole are kind of underperforming, whereas Durant joined a ing 73 wins team, the Warriors already have as many losses as they had all of last season and evidence shows that they perform better when Curry is the one taking the bigger role.

And yeah, the Spurs play the right way and have a nice system (which changed because of Kawhi, tbh) but people really need to stop overrating Kawhi's supporting cast and, specially, Pop's coaching:

-The Spurs have one of the worst guards rotation of any good team in the NBA. Between 4 players (Tony, Green, Mills and Manu) they put up a whooping 36 ppg, by far the worst number of any playoff team (and I didn't check any further but I don't know if there's a 4 man guard rotation that scores less ppg in the entire NBA, tbh).
    -They have no reliable SF backup.
    -They have no second all-star. Aldridge is nothing more than a role player right now and regressing violently with each game.
    -And finally, but not least, Pop has coached his way to more than a couple of L's this season with strange rotations and in-game decisions.

Despite all of this the Spurs are standing pretty with the second best record in the league and in pace for a 60 wins season, that's thanks to Kawhi.

Oh, and yeah, let's not forget about the whole defense thingy, tbh.

So, to sum up:

1-Kawhi
    2-Harden
    3-Isiah Thomas
    4-Westbrook
    Last edited by DAF86; 02-15-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Harden(probably a lock)
    2. Westbrook
    3. Lebron
    4. Kawhi
    5. Thomas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. Westbrook
    3. Lebron
    4. Kawhi
    5. Thomas
    Your opinion or what you think the media will vote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. Westbrook
    3. Lebron
    4. Kawhi
    5. Thomas
    No white people? That's discrimination. Where's affirmative action when you need it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No white people? That's discrimination. Where's affirmative action when you need it?
    it's 2017 and we're discussing basketball, bro..

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook PERIOD if he averages a triple double for the season. Only 2 other players have ever done this, so its hard as to do. He is getting it done with points, rebounds and assists. If Westbrook werent on the Thunder, I doubt they win 10 games this year. Who else do they have worth a damn? Victor O

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook PERIOD if he averages a triple double for the season. Only 2 other players have ever done this, so its hard as to do. He is getting it done with points, rebounds and assists. If Westbrook werent on the Thunder, I doubt they win 10 games this year. Who else do they have worth a damn? Victor O
    Robertson and who else? The only one I can think of is Big-O and he didn't even won MVP that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no, Westbrook doesn't deserve MVP when he's more interested in getting his numbers (on pretty questionable efficiency), instead of making folks around him better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robertson and who else? The only one I can think of is Big-O and he didn't even won MVP that year.
    You are correct. Only the Big-O, which only solidifies my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wilt Chamberlain I believe.
    You believe wrong, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And no, Westbrook doesn't deserve MVP when he's more interested in getting his numbers (on pretty questionable efficiency), instead of making folks around him better.

Grabbing 10 boards and handing out 10 assists is helping your team get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct. Only the Big-O, which only solidifies my point.
    How does it solidify your point when Robertson didn't even win MVP that year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does it solidify your point when Robertson didn't even win MVP that year?
    He should have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you have to do is ask other NBA players. See what they say. Almost all of them say Russell should have started the All-Star game and should win MVP if he averages a Trip-Dub the whole year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grabbing 10 boards and handing out 10 assists is helping your team get better.
    No when, for every rebound that you collect, you get a three thrilled in your face because instead of guarding your guy, like you are suppossed to, you are more interested in inflating your rebound numbers by getting rebounds that could/should be had by other players in your team.

And no when, instead of running an organic offense which miximizes the opportunities of the team as a whole, you are more interested in hogging the ball as much as possible so you can inflate your scoring and assists totals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should have.
    Why do you assure this? Just because he averaged a triple double? What if he would have averaged a double double with 9,9 rebounds? Do you even know who won MVP that year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you have to do is ask other NBA players. See what they say. Almost all of them say Russell should have started the All-Star game and should win MVP if he averages a Trip-Dub the whole year.
    Yeah, let's ask Magic Jonhson, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, etc. their opinions about basketball and let's just take it as gospel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, let's ask Magic Jonhson, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, etc. their opinions about basketball and let's just take it as gospel.
    Never mind. You are going to argue your point to me with no swaying of either side. We shall see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never mind. You are going to argue your point to me with no swaying of either side. We shall see what happens.
    Like 99,9% of internet discussions, tbh.

I just want you to open up to the idea (even if you don't openly admit it) that not just because a guy averages a triple double that means that said guy should win the MVP or is doing everything in his power to win games, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 02-15-2017 at 04:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should have.
    Wilt averaged 50pts a game that same year and also didn't win MVP. It's Bill Russel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I disagree. To me, something has to separate players on the court. Averaging a triple double under any cir stances is extremely difficult to do. Otherwise you would have more than one person do it out of all the millions of s that have played in the NBA.

Thread Information