Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings PR whitewash is pretty funny to read, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d trade Gasol and Aldridge for him in an instant. Of course the salaries don’t match but you get the point
    Cousins is a cancer; but if one thought the Spurs could be in remission for a year or two, I could see this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Cousins would chill the out under Pop. He seems to really like Leonard also.

I would do an Aldridge for Cousins swap in a heart beat.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think if the Spurs want Cousins they can get him for Aldridge, his recent behavior has probably turned teams off. Aldridge for the Kings would be a good return for Cousins, they'd still be in playoff contention next season and Aldridge can be the man again in Sac. I think it's more if the Spurs and Pop want Cousins, because I think the Kings do that trade today if on the table just to ship Cousins out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Aldridge, pau and picks for cousins

Porky/mills/leprocy
    danny/manure
    kawhi/Simmons
    Bertans/Lee
    cousins/deadman

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would never allow Cousins on his team. He has severe racial issues with outspoken, strong-willed black American men. Cousins would either be put in the doghouse like Dedmon was, or he'd get cut in Stephen Jackson-esque fashion for refusing to put on a minstrel show for Massa Pop.
    Most people aren't intelligent enough(or just naive) to notice the nuance in Pop's actions and comments, tbh..good call..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thinking Pop will put up with his cancerous act after 20 years of Timmy

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What are the odds of this happening? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zhrnypo

I doubt Sac would want Mirotic and Taj for Cousins, but Bulls would still have a solid team after that trade. Sac would have expiring contracts.

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the odds of this happening? http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zhrnypo

I doubt Sac would want Mirotic and Taj for Cousins, but Bulls would still have a solid team after that trade. Sac would have expiring contracts.
    Almost zero. Mirotic's stock has never been lower and Taj Gibson is barely enough to swing a trade for Rudy Gay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand by what I say about Demarcus which is he's going to be a talented career malcontent with no success ala JR Rider. With that being said I"m excited to see which new team he ends up with. I think it's going to be great comedy to watch him destroy his new team. Where do you guys think he will end up getting traded to or do the Kings keep him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think of disrupters who have nonetheless played on Championship or near Champ teams?

Denise Rodman. Any others?

My understanding is it was not Phildo who kept Rodman in line, but rather when Rodman tried his extreme antics it was Jordan.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Almost zero. Mirotic's stock has never been lower and Taj Gibson is barely enough to swing a trade for Rudy Gay.
    So I guess the reality is Butler, picks etc for Cousins would have the Kings interested. Not sure if I want to give up Jimmy for him, but we still have Wade, Rondo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I guess the reality is Butler, picks etc for Cousins would have the Kings interested. Not sure if I want to give up Jimmy for him, but we still have Wade, Rondo.
    Yep. Chicago just doesn't have any interesting young prospects that can be packaged with Gibson to get it done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone think of disrupters who have nonetheless played on Championship or near Champ teams?

Denise Rodman. Any others?

My understanding is it was not Phildo who kept Rodman in line, but rather when Rodman tried his extreme antics it was Jordan.
    Sheed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins is a monster, but his at ude may keep him from doing anything with it. Need to get him out of the Kings' poisonous organization ASAP.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Demarcus in the Jr Rider mold. Just like Rider he's a talented malcontent that will play his way out of the league. Keep in mind not even a legend like Phil Jackson was able to save Rider's career. I feel Pop would have the same type of failure with Demarcus. Demarcus is not even worth touching. Wherever he ends up getting traded to watch him destroy that team.
    You mean Isaiah Rider? But Cousins has two things on him: Cousins is even more talented and he's a center. He'll have a long career and be paid like a superstar, though I agree that it's hard to see him having any sustained team success.

Phil Jackson is the only coach I can think of who would even have a chance of reining him in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, another guy holding up a Championship trophy. With Larry Brown.

With all this alleged "Pop is da man" schpeel, seems like he would be able to find a way to bring a Championship with Cousins added. Some of us would rather have (and have had with Timmy Dunks) another Championship vs *so classy* 1st and 2nd round outs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes beyond the typical "cancer" talk IMO..I think he has serious mental issues, tbh..man isn't normal

He's the best big man in the NBA, though..there aren't many bigs in the history of the league that have more talent than the current version of Cousins..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a waste of talent, tbh...Dude would have been Shaq-dominant in this era if not for his mental instability and the ty franchise situation he came into....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean Isaiah Rider? But Cousins has two things on him: Cousins is even more talented and he's a center. He'll have a long career and be paid like a superstar, though I agree that it's hard to see him having any sustained team success.

Phil Jackson is the only coach I can think of who would even have a chance of reining him in.
    JR is Isiah Rider. Anyway, Cousins has already surpassed him career wise. But the point is well taken. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any players with this kind of talent that started off as malcontents that later changed their ways to become dominant players within the framework of a team. I guess Rodman is the closest I can come up with. But as valuable as he was, I'm not sure the Bulls win any less rings without him.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JR is Isiah Rider. Anyway, Cousins has already surpassed him career wise. But the point is well taken. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any players with this kind of talent that started off as malcontents that later changed their ways to become dominant players within the framework of a team. I guess Rodman is the closest I can come up with. But as valuable as he was, I'm not sure the Bulls win any less rings without him.
    Wow, I was actually thinking of JR Reid there.

Yeah, Rodman is the best comparison at ude-wise. It took Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan to get Rodman in line, and no coach/player combo in the league right now comes close to that. Pop/Duncan might have, but even then it would have been a big risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be a playoff virgin and be compared with Robinson and Hakeem. Sorry, you just can't.

I don't wanna hear about how bad his team is. Dave and Hakeem also had rosters in their primes.

After watching Tim Duncan for 20 years, I have no sympathy for egotistical superstars. Timmy proved it's possible to be the best player on earth while not acting like a piece of . So if you're gonna be like that, you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't be a playoff virgin and be compared with Robinson and Hakeem. Sorry, you just can't.

I don't wanna hear about how bad his team is. Dave and Hakeem also had rosters in their primes.

After watching Tim Duncan for 20 years, I have no sympathy for egotistical superstars. Timmy proved it's possible to be the best player on earth while not acting like a piece of . So if you're gonna be like that, you.
    In my eyes a legit superstar will at least get to the playoffs regardless of the talent around him. Demarcus has been in the league for 7 years but has zero playoff appearances. I don't care how bad his team is if he was truly great Demarcus would have found a way to get into the playoffs at least once. Demarcus to me is more like a black Kevin Love. He puts up gaudy stats but doesn't know how to win games. His defense is also terrible.

Thread Information