Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be interesting to see if the Clippers bounce back when healthy. They just "feel" like a team to me that is on thin ice. Lot's of trade rumors, injuries, getting completely owned and bullied by GS. LAC seems like a talented but fragile team on the verge of realizing their "run" never really materialized.

Meh, I think if CP3 comes back and stays healthy, they don't really have much to worry about. I mean no, they won't be beating GS or anything...but they'll have a good shot at beating us or Houston. I just shudder thinking of us having to deal with CP3 running PnRs with Blake/DJ while Pop insists on playing Pau over Dedmon.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "When the Clippers are healthy" is becoming the new "When Splitter is healthy"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they're about to realize anything. All three of their pending FAs have reportedly committed to re-up for huge deals already.
    Things change. And even if so sometimes money matters more than winning (Melo). I'm taking from an on court performance perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things change. And even if so sometimes money matters more than winning (Melo). I'm taking from an on court performance perspective.
    I know. I mean that everyone seems keen on doing for another few years. No one got traded. No one's taking less money to bring another piece in. I think they're blaming injuries pretty hard core for their lack of success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. I mean that everyone seems keen on doing for another few years. No one got traded. No one's taking less money to bring another piece in. I think they're blaming injuries pretty hard core for their lack of success.
    Looking back, that is not a bad rationalization from the Clips' point of view. Looking forward, advancing age only increases the Clips' possibly needing to play that card. Their window is starting to close. One or two years more of contention, max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Rockets are the tougher matchup now, and it's not really close.

They have the coaching advantage in the playoffs..
    No offense man but D'Antoni is not a better playoff coach than Pop.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense man but D'Antoni is not a better playoff coach than Pop.
    Antoni > Billy Donovan

tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets just lost at home to Indiana...They go to play the Clippers on the road next..Huge game for LAC if they want to keep their hopes alive for the 3rd Seed...I am actually rooting for them to win and narrow the gap to 3 games off Rockets; it would at least keep them engaged until the rest the season and prevent a tank out of Golden State bracket.. they would probably fall short and stay in 4th/5th seed unless Houston implode...i know a lot of us don't want to make the mistake of underestimating THE Rockets like we did with OKC last year, but I'm still absolutely and positively sure they are the easier matchup for SA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might end up playing the mormons.

The mormons are like 12-1 when they have their starting 5 healthy. Hill has been in and out so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we finish 2nd as expected

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I am pulling for the Paper Clips tonight against the Rox, I don't want the Clips free falling into the 7th seed and it gives us even more cushion in the #2 seed slot, if Pop decides to go on a restapalooza late in the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally I said the rockets but at this point, I rather the Spurs face the clippers so the warriors can face the rockets. Rockets are looking to be a championship contender and just need to stay hot from 3 for one series to knock off any team. Clippers would just get destroyed by the warriors like how the clippers destroy the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really buy the Rockets hype..how can anybody trust a team led by colossal playoff chokers?(Harden, D'Antoni, Lou Williams)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really buy the Rockets hype..how can anybody trust a team led by colossal playoff chokers?(Harden, D'Antoni, Lou Williams)
    Bruh - Harden has gotten way better and he didn't choke vs the Spurs when he knocked us out. Also, they aren't led by Lou . He just got there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we'd lose to either in a 7 game series with HCA tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see what you meant ^ Ya style of play is different than choking to me, but ya, from that angle HOU is less scary because if Harden is game planned for and doesn't get all the calls he normally does, it really hurts HOU as a whole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston has pretender all over it imo. Relying on 3 point shooting is a recipe for disaster unless you have great, and I mean GREAT, shooters...and they don't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason, I feel like the Spurs are going to round into form down the stretch. There's been some signs of improvement in the last few games. I still would prefer HOU in the 2nd bc I think they're an easier matchup and it's better prep for GSW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets looking mighty scary out there and deep as . Any of their rotation guards (Harden, Beverley, Gordon and Williams) is better than any of our rotation guards and their front court isn't looking too shabby either with Ariza, Anderson, Capella and Nene.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much listed a C-level front court and called it good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets curb-stomping LAC..Clippers might as well stay in that 4th/5th seed range (owned the Jazz this year) and gamble on KD staying injured or 100% fit for the sceond round or SAS leapfrogging them. Trying to tank all the way to 6th/7th seed to play Spurs/Hou on the road is even more risky with the team completely in shambles and out of rhythm right now ....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much listed a C-level front court and called it good.
    I would probably trade LMA for Anderson straight up at this point, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point the Spurs would lose to either team tbh. LMA, Mills, Green, and Simmons need to get their together fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point the Spurs would lose to either team tbh. LMA, Mills, Green, and Simmons need to get their together fast.
    This is how you're coping with the boredom of the regular season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is how you're coping with the boredom of the regular season?
    The Durant injury has been the only interesting development for a while tbh. Other than that and Kawhi channeling his inner-MJ this has been a pretty lackluster season. The NBA, NFL, and MLB to a lesser extent have been declining in terms of entertainment.

Thread Information