Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which team would be a worse matchup in the second round the rockets or the clippers I could also see the jazz facing us in the second round but I wouldn't mind that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather face the Rockets: 1 better matchup for Spurs 2: less travel 3: good prep for Dubs in the WCF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't this question already been asked earlier this season? I thought a similar thread was started already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Clippers..not even close..they are like 4-4 in their last 8 games against us on our in home court..Watch them obliterate us again without Blake on Thursday ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers won't get past round one, unless they play the Thunder. Rockets and Grizzlies are better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avoid Clippers. They kill us. Would rather play the Rockets, who are a tough-ass regular season matchup but might be easier to gameplan in a seven game series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers answer is obvious, however, this Rockets team is actually very good. They shoot light out from 3 - better than even GS and their offense is so good ( 2nd in eFG% and TS% ) it'd be demanding of the Spurs to score at a very high rate consistently, which they haven't always been able to this season. On top of this they're surprisingly good rebounding the ball and their defense is better than you might think - 14th best in DefRtg, which is better than the Cavs currently.

Spurs play them next so they'll get a taste of their 50 threes per game. Hopefully Pop won't switch bigs on Harden all the time like in the last meetings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avoid Clippers. They kill us. Would rather play the Rockets, who are a tough-ass regular season matchup but might be easier to gameplan in a seven game series.
    This. I trust D'Antoni to get out coached by Pop in the playoffs. He always has before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets and Jazz are better teams, but SAS seems to be the only team that can not defend the cp3 / Blake pnr, so ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets are easier to beat, but we could lose to both of them in the PO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget the Jazz ! The french connection Diaw and Gobert is terrible actually. With a lot of injuries I think they play very fine with a very good defense !!
    R Gobert > M Gasol >> P Gasol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    R Gobert > M Gasol >> P Gasol
    not yet ... Marc Gasol is a beast this season ... Gobert is too limited offensively to put him above Marc Gasol right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not yet ... Marc Gasol is a beast this season ... Gobert is too limited offensively to put him above Marc Gasol right now.
    Except yesterday !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except yesterday !!
    you are right in that regard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets is easier to beat than the clippers..it seems all clippers players can't miss everytime they play against us..gone are the days when we were dominating them..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs play them next so they'll get a taste of their 50 threes per game. Hopefully Pop won't switch bigs on Harden all the time like in the last meetings.
    It's not a bad strategy actually if it makes him become single minded on scoring rather than orchestrating the 3pt bombing offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until the Spurs show they can defend the CP3/Blake high PNR and also the double screen set above the 3pt line, I want no part of the Clips.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avoid the rockets. Gordon's on pace to obliterate Curry's 3 record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avoid the rockets. Gordon's on pace to obliterate Curry's 3 record.
    Its funny that 4years ago were dominating the clippers and all Spurs fans here in spurstalk always say the clippers are choke artist in the playoffs!! But now all of a sudden they are scared of the clippers?!
    Last edited by skin27; 12-19-2016 at 11:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until the Spurs show they can defend the CP3/Blake high PNR and also the double screen set above the 3pt line, I want no part of the Clips.
    TBH

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are bad match ups. Spurs will struggle in all home games going into "scoring.exe has crashed" mode.

Clippers will chuck and make long 2s to no end, or else Harden will break Spurs defense in half in his slow motion as a joke on Kyle Anderson's best skill.

Enjoy the RS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are bad match ups. Spurs will struggle in all home games going into "scoring.exe has crashed" mode.

Clippers will chuck and make long 2s to no end, or else Harden will break Spurs defense in half in his slow motion as a joke on Kyle Anderson's best skill.

Enjoy the RS.
    That's what I thought until the last handful of games. To my eyes, the Spurs are playing much better as of late. They have moved away from the Iso-intensive offensive they were running the first +/- 20 games of the season. Both the ball movement and player movement have increased/improved greatly and the % of isolation plays for Kawhi and LMA has been reduced a lot. (I am not sure I even remember a Kawhiso play against the Pelicans.) That brand of basketball is not only more fun/exciting for the fans, but it also offers the team a better chance of success in the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are the worse match up. The Rockets are entirely dependent on Harden and he'll tire out by the end of the season. Plus Harden is turnover prone and the Spurs defense can take advantage of that.

Spurs still have no one to guard the Paul - Blake pick and roll. They'll get slaughtered again and again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets have a top 5 player and top 5 coach, but neither has a proven track record in the playoffs, of course..they are so reliant on Harden, it wouldn't be surprising if he got burnt out, despite his game not being reliant on athleticism(not to mention Harden's inconsistencies in the playoffs, mostly due to his style of play not translating well as a #1 option)..

They're always a bad matchup for the Spurs during the RS, though..

As for the 1st round, the only team to avoid is Utah..I'd love to play Memphis or Portland..

Thread Information