Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its not forcibly taken. you dont have to register as a gun owner if you choose not to own a gun

id have to read up more on the fopa. like i said im mocking hypocrisy not arguing for a registry
    It's not hypocrisy. It's stupid to show your guns with SN in clear view, but it's not the same as having a national gun registry. Compare it to showing a picture of your kid and being against forced photos of your kid being sent to the federal government. Choice is always different than force. There's no hypocrisy in that. You can offer up your DNA sequence online and yet be against a national DNA registry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesnt really bother me. id question its accuracy since muslimness isnt really quantifiable. thats why itll never happen.

did that up your argument? sowwy
    Nope, especially since you felt the need to add the last line.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It's not hypocrisy. It's stupid to show your guns with SN in clear view, but it's not the same as having a national gun registry. Compare it to showing a picture of your kid and being against forced photos of your kid being sent to the federal government. Choice is always different than force. There's no hypocrisy in that. You can offer up your DNA sequence online and yet be against a national DNA registry.
    you are crediting these people with a nuanced opinion on the topic that they are intellectually incapable of having

these are very dumb people who build an iden y around guns because they have nothing else to talk about. they dont oppose a registry because of their belief in choice of disclosure, they oppose it because the other dumb s on ar15.com and the people they follow on facebook and twitter oppose it because the nra opposes it because theyre trying to sell more guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are crediting these people with a nuanced opinion on the topic that they are intellectually incapable of having
    You're painting all of them with a broad brush of ignorance. If the opinion is valid, then their stance isn't hypocrisy. You don't know them all personally so you cannot say what they know and don't know.
    these are very dumb people who build an iden y around guns because they have nothing else to talk about. they dont oppose a registry because of their belief in choice of disclosure, they oppose it because the other dumb s on ar15.com oppose it because the nra opposes it because theyre trying to sell more guns.
    That's a pretty closed minded approach. I understand it makes dealing with the unknown easier for lazy people but it always ends up being wrong.

It's opposed for reasons you don't understand because, as you admitted, you know nothing about the FOPA. Educate yourself first. Pass judgement second.

A person doesn't need to know the history of the BoR to believe in the freedom of the press, or due process. Some of these things are intuitive.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're painting all of them with a broad brush of ignorance. If the opinion is valid, then their stance isn't hypocrisy. You don't know them all personally so you cannot say what they know and don't know.

That's a pretty closed minded approach. I understand it makes dealing with the unknown easier for lazy people but it always ends up being wrong.
    lol this holier than thou bull

ill be sure to save this post and quote it every time you paint the lib s with a broad brush. i bet you seriously think youre better than that

Time Is A Flat Circle Rust Cohle's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    lol see? this got says im the triggered one

btw, im honored to be the first poster in this forum to ever stereotype people with certain beliefs for the purpose of making fun of them

this could be a turning point in internet discussion forums as we know them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol this holier than thou bull

ill be sure to save this post and quote it every time you paint the lib s with a broad brush. i bet you seriously think youre better than that
    I haven't called the libs hypocrites for believing what they believe. You're just railing against something you've admitted you haven't even tried to understand. You're basically what you're accusing them of being, ignorant of your cause, and ironically that makes you a hypocrite, or hypercrite, whichever since you seem to be tilting a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it's called the obituaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh why is it that gun owners

1 - constantly talk about their guns
    2 - constantly post pictures of themselves with their guns on facebook
    3 - drive around with ak47 dont tread on me stickers on their pickups
    4 - revolve their entire iden y around owning guns

but...
    their panties about any talk of a gun registry?
    1 - I don't
    2 - I don't
    3 - I don't
    4 - I don't

And I suspect most gun owners are like me. The ones you're referring to are the redneck minority.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do you defend freedom of speech?

Do you then think it should be OK for the gubmint to know and record everything you say?

Like speech, the precursor to infringement is tracking. Once tracking is established, specificity can ensue and from there oppression.
    Omg...

Do you own a vehicle that is registered? Do you own a home? A boat with a motor?
    This is absolutely the worst practical argument ever.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-21-2016 at 11:41 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh why is it that gun owners

1 - constantly talk about their guns
    2 - constantly post pictures of themselves with their guns on facebook
    3 - drive around with ak47 dont tread on me stickers on their pickups
    4 - revolve their entire iden y around owning guns

but...
    their panties about any talk of a gun registry?
    People do this with cars as well. But they don't when registered. And not all gun owners mind a registry and strict classes for any sort of ownership.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People do this with cars as well. But they don't when registered. And not all gun owners mind a registry and strict classes for any sort of ownership.
    I will ask you the question since you seem to support it.

What does the registration of legal guns and gun owners accomplish?

What could it be used for?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Omg...

Do you own a vehicle that is registered? Do you own a home? A boat with a motor?
    Omg...

Bill of Rights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omg...

Because the Bill of Rights addresses all of those things you just mentioned, no? Exactly, don't be an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've owned guns most of my adult life:

1. I don't talk about them much
    2. I'm not on Fb or any other social crap
    3. I don't have any stickers on any of my vehicles, and I don't own a pickup
    4. ... not me...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like speech, the precursor to infringement is tracking. Once tracking is established, specificity can ensue and from there oppression.
    sounds like a solid argument against having a muslim registry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think the bill of rights protects against the government tracking who owns what guns

the bill of rights has freedom of press, but you still need press credentials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone that supports it still needs to explain why it's needed and how it should be used.

*crickets*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any kind of registration list would only affect law-abiding gun owners, anybody that thinks differently isn't too smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds like a solid argument against having a muslim registry
    The idea of a registry based on religion is so Orwellian that it merits no real discussion. It will fall by the wayside just like the swamp, the wall and locking her up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think the bill of rights protects against the government tracking who owns what guns

the bill of rights has freedom of press, but you still need press credentials.
    The FOPA does. Do you want to repeal it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea of a registry based on religion is so Orwellian that it merits no real discussion. It will fall by the wayside just like the swamp, the wall and locking her up.
    agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FOPA does. Do you want to repeal it?
    the FOPA is not the bill of rights, which is what you and TSA immediately brought up. the FOPA can easily be repealed in full or in part. i have no issue with repealing the registry prohibition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the FOPA is not the bill of rights, which is what you and TSA immediately brought up. the FOPA can easily be repealed in full or in part. i have no issue with repealing the registry prohibition
    Come on Philo, context. Jesus Christ.

The 1st and 2nd Amendments are in the BoR and mention freedom of speech and right to keep and bear arms. Nothing mentions right to drive a car, own a house, a boat..

No one said the BoR prohibits a registry, but "infringed upon" means just that, and the precursor to infringement is tracking. Do I have to keep saying that and if so are you going to red herring more stupid ing Muslim tears over it?

Do you want to repeal the FOPA? Have you read it? It was enacted as a 2nd Amendment protection concern.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on Philo, context. Jesus Christ.

The 1st and 2nd Amendments are in the BoR and mention freedom of speech and right to keep and bear arms. Nothing mentions right to drive a car, own a house, a boat..
    i'm aware

No one said the BoR prohibits a registry, but "infringed upon" means just that, and the precursor to infringement is tracking.
    i think this is where we disagree, i think its a reach. its a slippery slope argument.

Do I have to keep saying that and if so are you going to red herring more stupid ing Muslim tears over it?
    sorry

Do you want to repeal the FOPA? Have you read it? It was enacted as a 2nd Amendment protection concern.
    like i said above, it can be repealed in full or in part with simple legislation. i have no issue with repealing the registry prohibition

Thread Information