NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Check mate atheist.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You don't lose belief because of events. You only lose faith. Loss of faith isn't equal to atheism. It takes a lot of research and introspection and honesty with yourself to admit to yourself that the entire god concept is a myth, an adult make believe. Once you realize that, you go through phases of activism, neutrality and then apathy. I'm at the apathy stage.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Of Ll the things God couldve done with his omipotent powers, he decided to send down a 1400 year old opaque book in Arabic that is too boring to read. Of ALL the things...
    To illiterate people where those in power had to read it to them and forbade them from reading it themselves.

There's no "Book of Jesus". Wonder why.

Why do gods seek out the illiterate Bedouins to inspire?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So what is the answer to those people "god" doesn't answer prayers to?

In regards to your "millions of prayers answered every day" what statistical, empirical, proof can you provide? or is this just conjecture? I can provide statistical facts of child rape, murder and genocide across the globe.... what stats do you have that "god" is preventing that? or is he not omnipotent? Why call him "god" at all if that is the case?

Either he doesn't give a , he is impotent or he doesn't ing exist. Those are LITERALLY the only 3 viable options. THAT'S IT... THERE IS NOTHING ELSE!!!!

What "Large city newspapers" are reporting this stuff as fact? or are they just "feel good" stories with no basis in facts? Can you provide sources? The National Enquirer most likely....

It's quite interesting the story you post as an example is owned by a religious promoting group and not a syndicated, non-biased media outlet.... Just FYI, if you cared to watch the video at all, you might learn that Cancer can suddenly go into remission. Correlation does not imply causation. Lets not ignore the " the doctors, it was GOD!" at ude.... Holy , I could NEVER be a doctor with people like you out in the world.

What the actual is wrong with you delusional re s who actually believe in this ?
    I suppose you could say that God knows the bigger picture. Probably a lot of these people that lose arms and legs would turn out to be criminals.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    ^ what about children with cancer? Did God create them as future criminals just so he could give them cancer so that they don't end up being criminals?

It just doesn't make sense... if God controls EVERYTHING, then we're predestined to our fates... some of us go to heaven, some of us go to ... but then what's the point?

I wish Allah left more compelling evidence about his existence.. he has to test us with vague, ambiguous, opaque "evidence" ?

Oh Allah... come on man, give us a break.

Name
    Dick
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    ^ what about children with cancer? Did God create them as future criminals just so he could give them cancer so that they don't end up being criminals?

It just doesn't make sense... if God controls EVERYTHING, then we're predestined to our fates... some of us go to heaven, some of us go to ... but then what's the point?

I wish Allah left more compelling evidence about his existence.. he has to test us with vague, ambiguous, opaque "evidence" ?

Wow, you really do need to get laid

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    weird goings on

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    multi posting

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

God is a complex formula which I could try to explain to you but you'd never understand.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh...I think there's a pretty obvious reason why God doesn't want Ghazi to get laid.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    ^ what do you believe.. tbh..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^ what do you believe.. tbh..
    IDK. Maybe he's worried that you'll spread AIDS or raise your baby to be a Mavs fan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

This is the old "Problem of Evil". If a god exists that's worthy of worship by humans, it must be benevolent, and to be a god it must be omniscient. A benevolent, omniscient god who creates children to die from a disease that slowly consumes them is a contradiction, and we know contradictions, paradoxes don't exist in the universe. Christians attempt to rectify this through the "trials and tribulations" concept where, for some reason, their god gets his jollies by ing with people just to see if they turn. With you, it only took holding back the vag.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    This is the old "Problem of Evil". If a god exists that's worthy of worship by humans, it must be benevolent, and to be a god it must be omniscient. A benevolent, omniscient god who creates children to die from a disease that slowly consumes them is a contradiction, and we know contradictions, paradoxes don't exist in the universe. Christians attempt to rectify this through the "trials and tribulations" concept where, for some reason, their god gets his jollies by ing with people just to see if they turn. With you, it only took holding back the vag.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've known a lot of people in my life and I know of nobody who was worst off once they came to their God. I've seen lives turned around for the better once "a" God entered their life.

Yes I doubt the Bible stories and am smart enought to see Islam for what it really is....a hoax perpurtrated by a lunatic...I do however believe in a Supreme Being. And really don't care or need anyone else to agree with me. Why would it matter? It's not about that, it's about what you need.

Judy, her mom, and others have asked me to attend their church, I tell them "I won't just sit there and be told things without asking questions about just how do we know that, do you really want that?' obviously that gets a ....ok ok nevermind.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I suppose you could say that God knows the bigger picture. Probably a lot of these people that lose arms and legs would turn out to be criminals.
    So, in other words... the age old "god works in mysterious ways" shtick.

On top of that.... What about those millions of people that ARE criminals? what did he do about them? Seriously... what kind of brain washed thinking do you have that you cant ing see how ed up this world is (rhetorical question: you probably don't know anything outside your own community) , and how it would make it so much worse if there actually was a god? For a lot of the world, if there was a god, this is .

ALL of those children, dying daily, starving for weeks before they finally cant hang on or are raped by some psycho, must all be "future" criminals to justify your praise of some equivalent of a ing leprechaun or fairy. How ed up are you?

I can just imagine how that would go in a court case as a defense....

"Why did you let all of these people die horribly if you had the power to stop it just by literally not wanting it to happen?"

"I'm mysterious...."

Next time I get a speeding ticket or other minor offense, I'm gonna use that defense with the judge.... see how it goes, hopefully get a laugh from the court room.

Criminal Negligence at best... and we are talking trillions of accounts of this crime in the case of a "god".

Man, you religi s have some ed up views of this so-called benevolent asshole in the sky.
    Last edited by phyzik; 01-03-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

On top of that.... What about those millions of people that ARE criminals? what did he do about them? Seriously... what kind of brain washed thinking do you have that you cant ing see how ed up this world is (rhetorical question: you probably don't know anything outside your own community) , and how it would make it so much worse if there actually was a god? For a lot of the world, if there was a god, this is .

ALL of those children, dying daily, starving for weeks before they finally cant hang on or are raped by some psycho, must all be "future" criminals to justify your praise of some equivalent of a ing leprechaun or fairy. How ed up are you?

"Why did you let all of these people die horribly if you had the power to stop it just by literally not wanting it to happen?"

"I'm mysterious...."

Next time I get a speeding ticket or other minor offense, I'm gonna use that defense with the judge.... see how it goes, hopefully get a laugh from the court room.

Criminal Negligence at best... and we are talking trillions of accounts of this crime in the case of a "god".

Man, you religi s have some ed up views of this so-called benevolent asshole in the sky.
    Do you really think you will ever change anyone mind about how they feel about their God? And look at how immature you act about it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let me see the hands of those who have read this on the internet.....

"you have changed my mind, yep, there is no God"

"you have changed my mind there really is a God"

Has that ever happened? I'm betting.....nope!

People believe what they believe and nobody in hiding is changing anything. Why people ramble on and on about how ..THEY...see it, why? Nobody really cares even a little bit.

My life experiences have taught me this......

Those religious/trust in God people I've known are far better off emotionally and happier than those....BAH HUMBUGGERS...I've known.

Little girls dog dies...

Little girl....(tears falling down) is Joey in doggie heaven now?
    mom....yes dear he is.

That sure beats the out of...

Little girl...(tears falling down)...is Joey in doggie heaven now?
    mom...there is no heaven dear, Joey is just dead.

This really is funny...."look you, I believe....".......who really cares?

I had a grandpa who loved classical music, he tried and tried to get me into Bach, Bethoven, etc, it just wasn't going to happen, I didn't like it.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-03-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    God still loves you regardless of your phase.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

"I'm mysterious...."

LOL. You were so concerned about getting your thoughts out, you didn't even read the whole conversation. You a fool.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Atheists, since ther and is No God.. does that mean humans are nothing more than an accident? an anomaly?

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Atheists, since ther and is No God.. does that mean humans are nothing more than an accident? an anomaly?
    Ignoring your grammar, the answer to your questions are both Yes and No in a vague sort of way.... Is nature and biology an accident?... It's a chemical process over billions of years as far as science understands evolution and the limited data we have here on earth.... Who's to say if that will change as we expand our understanding of the universe?

Humans, or " sapiens" didn't just come into being. It was a process over millions of years. Humans are literally a product of their environment. We came to be as we are because we needed to be in order to survive.

The difference is, I (and MANY others) have the balls and self awareness to say "I dont know" to some things... whereas some idiots just want to go "I dont know, therefore GOD!!!" which is a total ing cop-out.
    Last edited by phyzik; 01-06-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why do some people think it's real important that they do all they can to criticize those who believe in a God? Why do we have....

In God We Trust
    One Nation Under God
    So Help Me God
    I Swear To God

...?

Why are there Churchs all over this country? Why will we never elect an atheist as our president?

Obviously most people want/need some God in their life. They feel better having Him with them.

To go around being a pest, a nuisance because you personally have no need/want for anything .....why? Has anyone ever changed their mind because of some bah humbugger in hiding on a messageboard?

While I have doubts about the Bible account of things I have no doubts "something" is behind all this but have no clue what that might be.

DNA, just came about by chance, no it didn't. So many things that must work in perfect concert to pull this off just came about by chance, no it didn't.

Thread Information