Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not supposed to take the ball from him at all. If he's starting, he's supposed to space the floor better for the other guys as he's a 3 point threat, and then if Kawhi can't get anything he can pass it out to Manu to either take a shot (if it's an open three) or run some offense. The other main reason I'd also want him to start against either of those match-ups is because I think he'd also provide much better defense than either Parker or Mills.

As for DeJounte, he isn't a good enough 3 point shooter at this stage for it to work against a match-up Vs the Warriors or the Clippers. He also can't run an offense anywhere near as good as Manu. The only time I'd think of starting Murray is if you want him to attack the rim or match-up against someone defensively.
    If you want him to just space the floor there are others. Manu is not averaging 25 minutes against starters. He's playing less than 20 mostly against benches with a few minutes of those maybe a quarter of them against starters. It might be too much to ask. We shall see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 18mpg, he's not the guy that moves the needle anymore, that's why all these discussions are very subjective. Other guys have taken the 'burden' of taking us to deep into the playoffs, and potentially to a championship.

Nostalgia for what he was, and the joy of still watching him go out there and see him drain another 3, make another play, it's very rewarding if you've been a fan for a long time. Those that had the fortune to actually interact with him, even very little, will treasure and miss him even more. Truly a generous, down to earth guy (which is actually pretty atypical for a successful Argie, tbh). I did tell him one more thing tonight: if he's not coming back next season, the next time we'll see him will be in Springfield, MA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 18mpg, he's not the guy that moves the needle anymore, that's why all these discussions are very subjective. Other guys have taken the 'burden' of taking us to deep into the playoffs, and potentially to a championship.

Nostalgia for what he was, and the joy of still watching him go out there and see him drain another 3, make another play, it's very rewarding if you've been a fan for a long time. Those that had the fortune to actually interact with him, even very little, will treasure and miss him even more. Truly a generous, down to earth guy (which is actually pretty atypical for a successful Argie, tbh). I did tell him one more thing tonight: if he's not coming back next season, the next time we'll see him will be in Springfield, MA.
    Cue card: Awwwwe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cue card: Awwwwe
    Everybody have their fave players, tbh... heck, today was the first Spurs game I attended where Tim was not there. It kinda hit me at some point. Then again, we still look pretty good out there. I suppose it could be a lot worse (see Philly after Iverson).

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It probably means nothing, tbh... he probably won't think about that until the season is over.
    It's better to retire knowing you still have a little something left in the tank as a semi productive rotation player rather than sticking around too long and going out like Paul Pierce.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better to retire knowing you still have a little something left in the tank as a semi productive rotation player rather than sticking around too long and going out like Paul Pierce and Manu Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably means nothing, tbh... he probably won't think about that until the season is over.

It probably does..

Cue..*The Doors- The End*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's better to retire knowing you still have a little something left in the tank as a semi productive rotation player rather than sticking around too long and going out like Paul Pierce.
    +1

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get the outta here already tosb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The end is near, but this why I still want a 47- year-old MVPelon on my team even for a 5-minute stint = intangibles..Even in his current decrepit form, I could count at least 4/5 games Manu has changed by making winning plays or pulling the team back in it (Houston 4thq comeback, second halves vs Portland/PHX without Kawhi, Clippers 3rd quarter..)..
    San Antonio Spurs: Manu Ginobili I saw the Spurs play the Clippers last week in Los Angeles and it struck me watching live how incredibly energetic Ginobili still is. Ginobili is 39 and very clearly at the doorstep of the end of his career, but he was as active as any player I’ve watched live this season. Any athleticism he’s lost has been more than made up for by his effort.There’s not a stat for this, but I know in my heart that Ginobili grabbed 100 percent of all 50–50 balls he was in the vicinity of. Ginobili led the Spurs with a plus-23, and perhaps that’s the best way to statistically detail his knack for making unmeasurable positive plays. If the Spurs have any advantage over the Warriors, it’s their depth, and Ginobili’s role will be important in closing the gap in the standings and also maintaining their lead over the reloaded Rockets.
    The Spurs, of course, would love to keep him close, even if he’s not playing. And Ginobili wants that, too.“I probably won’t go away for good, I don’t think so,” Ginobili said. “I don’t know if I’m going to be working out at the (team) gym. But for sure I’m going to be attached, because of so many years and so many people I enjoy. I’ll be around.”For now, though? He has one more ring to chase.And then maybe a train to catch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The unacknowledged farewell tour... nice term

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The unacknowledged farewell tour... nice term
    Because Manu is the only one still unacknowledging it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Manu is the only one still unacknowledging it.
    Manu has already said this will be his last season, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu has already said this will be his last season, tbh.
    Tbh, I'll believe it when I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I'll believe it when I see it.
    With the way this free agency window is looking for the Spurs, Manu might be doing the Spurs a solid one by resigning one more year for the vet min.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love to have manu one more year tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The heart that he and Timmy have shown at the end of their careers is amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously how are we going to replace that mother in "will to win"? is immeasurable and only few players on this planet has IT..40 yo Manu is one of them..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ing cuck was cliffjumping like a got in the game thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank God we still have him. Hopefully he plays another season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have him back for another year, but I don't see it happening. If I was Manu, I would return in a Matt Bonner role, but him I don't think he wants that. It will hard for Pop to find minutes for Manu with the development of guys like Dejounte and Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    19/4/5/3 line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have him back for another year, but I don't see it happening. If I was Manu, I would return in a Matt Bonner role, but him I don't think he wants that. It will hard for Pop to find minutes for Manu with the development of guys like Dejounte and Simmons.
    Why would Manu return in a Bonner role? He is Manu...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more year, MVPelon.

Thread Information