Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was in the mood for apple pie one day but the parade of roses shut down the streets near me. I thought I'd make it myself, but didn't have enough ingredients. I had apples, sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; I threw them into a bag and microwaved - turned out decent.

You like grilling? My wife loves smoked chicken, but she always tosses the skins. I was thinking what to do with the skin one day and tried just frying the skin until the fat rendered and seasoning it. It turned out great, she loves it, we save a bunch for sandwiches whenever we do a BBQ day.
    Thay's kinda funny, how ya "discovered" your treat.

I need to learn how to get creative while grilling, there I;m too worried about burning things. I never would have thought about what ya did with the skin.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Thay's kinda funny, how ya "discovered" your treat.

I need to learn how to get creative while grilling, there I;m too worried about burning things. I never would have thought about what ya did with the skin.
    For grilling Im just creative with sauces and seasoning mostly. Pretty easy to ruin a good cut of meat.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's funny watching everyone on tv trying all they can to not.......

Trump is a ing idiot, time to dump this jerk. Never been more disappointed by a president.

Noway this guy is going to last. He's either going to get shot or impeached,
    Last edited by Avante; 03-20-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "A-7"

I asked the bartender
    to give me change for a buck
    I wanted to hear something on the jukebox
    maybe change my luck

it was an old country song
    bout prison and a train
    a dark night, pourin' rain

it did cheer me up
    until she walked in
    then the pain in my heart
    started up all over again

she sat down
    gave a little grin
    said she'd changed her mind
    could we try it again

I asked her if she wanted a beer
    she told me no
    let's head out
    get on out of here

I knew A-7
    would fix everything
    just an old country song
    about prison and a train
    a dark night, pourin' rain
    Last edited by Avante; 03-21-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just got a phone call from Judy's sister Vicki, she was heading down in a storm cellar in Arkansas. Now Judy is afraid for her sister.

Vicki....don't tell mom.

Tornado Watch - Arkansas

1 hour ago – National Weather Service
    remains valid until midnight CDT tonight for the following areas in Arkansas this Watch includes 23 counties in central Arkansas Conway Garland Perry Pope Saline yell in north ...

More info
    Last edited by Avante; 03-29-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just got a phone call from Judy's sister Vicki, she was heading down in a storm cellar in Arkansas. Now Judy is afraid for her sister.

Vicki....don't tell mom.

Tornado Watch - Arkansas

1 hour ago – National Weather Service
    remains valid until midnight CDT tonight for the following areas in Arkansas this Watch includes 23 counties in central Arkansas Conway Garland Perry Pope Saline yell in north ...

More info
    One...very few homes in Arkansas have cellars.

Two...who hunkers down for a tornado WATCH? What a drama queen.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ase Studies
    S T A T E O F A R K A N S A S 1
    Mitigation Case Studies
    Arkansas’ Tornado Shelter Initiative forResidences and Schools
    Tornadoes: A Deadly Encounter
    T
    ornadoes are nature’s most violent storms. A tornado appears as a rotating, funnel-shaped cloud that extends from athunderstorm to the ground with whirling winds that can reach 300 miles per hour.Spawned from powerful thunderstorms, tornadoes can cause fatalities and devastate a neighborhood in seconds. They canuproot trees and buildings and turn harmless objects into deadly missiles in a matter of seconds.Tornadoes can occur in any state but occur more frequently in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. They occur withlittle or no warning.
    Tornadoes in Arkansas
    The State of Arkansas has had a long history of deadly tornadoes. According to the National Climatic Data Center(NCDC) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the state has experienced 1,681 tornadoesbetween 1950 and 2007, with 239 tornadoes that were F3 and higher. Some areas have experienced more tornadoes thanothers. Counties in the center of the state—Pulaski, Lonoke, White, Faulkner and Jackson (toward the northeast) experienceda larger number during this timeframe compared to other counties.With respect to tornadoes,the State of Arkansas rankedfourth in the nation in deaths
    and fifth in injuries. NOAA
    lists the frequency of tornadoesin Arkansas as 6 to 15per 1,000 square miles peryear. The state can expect anaverage of nearly 30 tornadoesannually, with 9 ofthem categorized as strongto violent based on the FujitaScale (F2 to F5). Please referto the Federal EmergencyManagement Agency’s(FEMA) publication
    CommunityWind Shelters:Background and Research
    for more information on the
    Fujita

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there anything you know about other than tv shows?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ase Studies
    S T A T E O F A R K A N S A S 1
    Mitigation Case Studies
    Arkansas’ Tornado Shelter Initiative forResidences and Schools
    Tornadoes: A Deadly Encounter
    T
    ornadoes are nature’s most violent storms. A tornado appears as a rotating, funnel-shaped cloud that extends from athunderstorm to the ground with whirling winds that can reach 300 miles per hour.Spawned from powerful thunderstorms, tornadoes can cause fatalities and devastate a neighborhood in seconds. They canuproot trees and buildings and turn harmless objects into deadly missiles in a matter of seconds.Tornadoes can occur in any state but occur more frequently in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. They occur withlittle or no warning.
    Tornadoes in Arkansas
    The State of Arkansas has had a long history of deadly tornadoes. According to the National Climatic Data Center(NCDC) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the state has experienced 1,681 tornadoesbetween 1950 and 2007, with 239 tornadoes that were F3 and higher. Some areas have experienced more tornadoes thanothers. Counties in the center of the state—Pulaski, Lonoke, White, Faulkner and Jackson (toward the northeast) experienceda larger number during this timeframe compared to other counties.With respect to tornadoes,the State of Arkansas rankedfourth in the nation in deaths
    and fifth in injuries. NOAA
    lists the frequency of tornadoesin Arkansas as 6 to 15per 1,000 square miles peryear. The state can expect anaverage of nearly 30 tornadoesannually, with 9 ofthem categorized as strongto violent based on the FujitaScale (F2 to F5). Please referto the Federal EmergencyManagement Agency’s(FEMA) publication
    CommunityWind Shelters:Background and Research
    for more information on the
    Fujita

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is there anything you know about other than tv shows?
    Nothing in that refutes my two simple points.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I;d never thought about it. But, it appears....

Tornado Shelters in Little Rock, AR available at The Home Depot

You associate TORNADO's and storm shelters to Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas***. Vicki's neighbors also have a storm shelter. Not that that was the point of the thread.

Dude, you're stupid.

*** yes, no expert on any of this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I;d never thought about it. But, it appears....

Tornado Shelters in Little Rock, AR available at The Home Depot

You associate TORNADO's and storm shelters to Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas***. Vicki's neighbors also have a storm shelter. Not that that was the point of the thread.

Dude, you're stupid.

*** yes, no expert on any of this.
    A storm shelter is quite different from a "cellar". But then again, it's these semantic games that allowed you to interchange "child" and "pros ute".

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A storm shelter is quite different from a "cellar". But then again, it's these semantic games that allowed you to interchange "child" and "pros ute".
    What does any of that have to do with my sister in law is in a storm cellar right now in Arkansas? How many times have you or anyone talked with anyone as they were going down the steps of a storm cellar?

Is this guy really as dumb as he seems?

Avante....I wonder who will get Tony Romo?
    SFS....some bar in Olongapo.

Avante....never like Rod Stewart.
    SFS....child pros ution in the Phillipines.

What an idiot.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I stop at this ESTATE SALE today. The guy had a load of country CD's.

Avante....how much?
    Old guy...a buck.

So there is this seven CD TIME LIFE BEST OF COUNTRY....box set.

Avante....excuse me, but how much for this?
    Old guy....didn't you already ask me that? A buck~~~~~
    Avante....(big grin)....cool.

While it was seven CD;s, there were two in each case. So that's 14 CD's for....a buck.

Life is good.

Also scored a Bob Wills CD, and four compilation country CD's. Around 400 songs for 6 bucks.

Cowboy Copas
    Hawkshaw Hawkins
    Patsy Montana
    Roy Acuff
    Hank Williams
    Patsy Cline
    Ernest Tubb
    George Jones
    Hank Snow
    Ferlin Husky
    Buck Owens
    Merle Haggard
    Marty Robbins
    The Louvin Brothers......so underrated

and on and on and on.................
    Last edited by Avante; 03-31-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I stop at this ESTATE SALE today. The guy had a load of country CD's.

Avante....how much?
    Old guy...a buck.

So there is this seven CD TIME LIFE BEST OF COUNTRY....box set.

Avante....excuse me, but how much for this?
    Old guy....didn't you already ask me that? A buck~~~~~
    Avante....(big grin)....cool.

While it was seven CD;s, there were two in each case. So that's 14 CD's for....a buck.

Life is good.

Also scored a Bob Wills CD, and four compilation country CD's. Around 400 songs for 6 bucks.

Cowboy Copas
    Hawkshaw Hawkins
    Patsy Montana
    Roy Acuff
    Hank Williams
    Patsy Cline
    Ernest Tubb
    George Jones
    Hank Snow
    Ferlin Husky
    Buck Owens
    Merle Haggard
    Marty Robbins
    The Louvin Brothers......so underrated

and on and on and on.................
    a buck? nothing costs a buck these days, got them for a steal

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mitch

So many times people have no clue what the value of things are. The biggest steal is books. I have so many 25-30$$$$$ books....a quarter. John Elway rookie card in mint condition....5 bucks. Classic stuff like Nat King Cole, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Lena Horne, Billie Holiday....a buck.

Love it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I drop some stuff off at the Salvation Army, park and head in.

Six CDs for a buck. There must have been a couple 100, a lot of Christian music,but....

The Best of Phoebe Snow
    Meat Loaf
    Stray
    Chart Toppers 50's......Donna...Ritchie Valens I didn't have in CD.
    The Best of Emmylou Harris
    Leonard Cohen

That was it. I'm running out of places to store all the music, what a cool problem. Not so cool standing there and.....what to listen to, hmmmmm?

Also scored a book written by Eric Clapron, yep, his life story. Will start it in a few days, need to finish War ChieF by ERB.

Ya mix Stray in with...

Motley Crue
    Judah Priest
    Godsmack
    Day of the New
    Counting Crows
    Offspring

Last edited by Avante; 04-11-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A girl will kick for Adams State next season. What is wrong with people? What are they thinking?

Cute story until she gets hurt.

The fastest female who ever lived runs a 10.6 100 (her 10.4 was windy) Reggie Bush ran a 10.4 in HS. A HS boys 4x1 relay wpuld smoke the female Olympic gold medal team, totally destroy them. Think NBA vs female basketballers. Think boxing.

Women have no business on a football field with males.

And, we've all worked with the cute female, does football really need that distraction? Boys will be boys.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-15-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A girl will kick for Adams State next season. What is wrong with people? What are they thinking?

Cute story until she gets hurt.

The fastest female who ever lived runs a 10.6 100 (her 10.4 was windy) Reggie Bush ran a 10.4 in HS. A HS boys 4x1 relay wpuld smoke the female Olympic gold medal team, totally destroy them. Think NBA vs female basketballers. Think boxing.

Women have no business on a football field with males.

And, we've all worked with the cute female, does football really need that distraction? Boys will be boys.
    Shut up got. It's playoff time. See if your mother will make you some cookies.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Shut up got. It's playoff time. See if your mother will make you some cookies.
    ONE MORE TIME

Little man how many times do you have to be told things? My mother died years ago,ok? Dude, I've only told you that a dozen times.

A liar who can't remember , not a good combo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ONE MORE TIME

Little man how many times do you have to be told things? My mother died years ago,ok? Dude, I've only told you that a dozen times.

A liar who can't remember , not a good combo.
    Well maybe Little Susie can whip up something in her EZ Bake oven.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well maybe Little Susie can whip up something in her EZ Bake oven.
    Dude, are you really as ing stupid as you act?

Little man, will you ever cool the stupid ? I'm married guy and she is sitting right over there talking to her brother on the phone.

Dude, cool this fantasy bull , it makes ya look re ed.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Back in 69-72 I spent some time in the navy. Just another American doing his duty. That was over 45 years ago.

Do we have some stupid posters here or what?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Back in 69-72 I spent some time in the navy. Just another American doing his duty. That was over 45 years ago.

Do we have some stupid posters here or what?
    I was about to fall asleep and I think my dog farted because I was like "Avante?"

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was about to fall asleep and I think my dog farted because I was like "Avante?"
    Dude, are you really this far gone? Stick to talking tv shows,ok? Once ya try anything else ya come off stupid, ok?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of covers.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally Ronnie Baker runs a sub10.00 for TCU.

That gives that school 8 sub10.00 sprinters among the alumni. No other school has more than 4 (Arkansas/FSU)

Ronnie Baker
    Percival Spencer *
    Kim Collins St. Kitts
    Ray Stewart *
    Darvis Patton
    Charles Silmon
    Jon Drummond
    Michael Frater *

* Jamaicans

TCU holds the NCAA 4x1 relay record, but only Spencer is on that team.

Thread Information