TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What I need when it comes to more music....

Ink Spots
    Charley Feathers
    Harmonica Frank Floyd
    Haskil Adkins
    Floyd Jones
    The Crows

.....that's about it.

My things is to have at least 4 songs by everyone I like...if...they have 4 songs. Some of those old blues cats, nope~~~ I don't have 4 for those I listed, bummer.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-20-2017 at 02:56 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Any mods out there? If so how about....

We do what's right for this board, accusing anyone of being a pedo is simply not acceptable and will not be tolerted and Avante has never said a word to anyone about you immature posters. He is too big to play that, what a shame so many of you here are that tiny.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They just keep coming.

Just think....

The fastest time ever ran by a white American is a 10.00 by burly John Teeters out of Oklahoma State. The boys HS record is a 10.00 held by black Trendarvis Friday. That is how dramatic this really is.

The fastest white NFLer was a cat out of SMU named John Roderick, he was a Dolphin, yep, a bust. He ran a 9.3 when the WR was 9.1, yep...Bob Hayes (a few other blacks tied it) The think is.....Roderick was very rare, since him we haven't seen any white speed (real world clsass speed) out of white players. The Welkers, Edelmans, more quick than fast. Just look at the impact Tyreek Hll made as a rookie, he has legit...world class speed. His 20.14 200m is a world class time. We never see that from white players, why?
    Last edited by Avante; 04-22-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So who out there can tell me.....

What old blues cat recorded a song about murdering his woman and actually did?

What boxer fought over 800 fights, or so the story goes?

What football player was a star lacrosse player?

What QB was a Cali State 100m champ in HS?

The first Blind Willie to record?

What famous footballer broke a gonna be USA Presidents leg in a college game?

What Champion sprinter was one of 21 siblings?

Well?

Now who would take the time to Google all that stuff? Really, you wouldn't, right? Wel neither would I or anyone else. If ya follow football/track/blues ya pick up on things along the way, ok?

12 big books on them blues, over 40 years of a monthy magazine on track, tons of football mags and books. And, over 50 years of watching the game on tv.

Google....?????

It;s the Chargers very first play in franchise history (LA Chargers) RB Paul Lowe takes the kickoff five yards in the endzone, yep.....105 yard TOUCHDOWN~~~~~~~ Lowe a stud hurdler at Oregon St. Now run off to Google to see if that actually happened...hahaha~~~~
    Last edited by Avante; 04-25-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Started reading a book....A Hundred and One Days. It's about a USA reporter in Iraq just before...BOOM. What a weird world it is over there.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...d_and_One_Days

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'd forgotten just how good Bob Seger was.

I like this mix...

The Allman Bros....Midnight Rider
    Steve Miller....Gong to Mexico
    ZZ Top...La Grange
    Leon Russell...Out in the Woods
    Bob Dylan...Little Sadie
    Joe er...High Time We Left
    Neil Young...Out on the Weekend
    Doobie Bros...Black Water
    Fleetwood Mac...Hynotize

Sprinkled in with the best of Seger.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-15-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I decide to do some cleaning in my Fortress of Solitude. I'm under a table with a brush............what the ???? I haven't seen one of these since I was a little kid. My first thought was to catch it but with what? And it's on the run and can really run, I can't pick it up, they bite. I had no choice...wham, no not WHAM because I was hoping maybe I could just slow it down without too much damage, nope....killed it.

So I'm all excited, ya just don't see these everyday here in Cali. Like I said, this was only the second time I'd ever seen one. So I scoop it up and put the body in a little shot glass, I gotta show everybody.

Judy...you tried to catch that thing?
    Leslie...(called her over).....what is that thing?
    Mason....wow, how cool is this? Bummer you couldn't have caught it.
    Stan....maybe there are more.
    Judy...I hope not, that thing is hideous
    Mason...show me where ya killed it.

Funny thing is I didn't crush it, other than a leg looking broke it apears to just be sleeping.

Avante....think I could keep the body in the freezer (big outdoor freezer)
    Judy....shut up
    Last edited by Avante; 05-17-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    yes, those asian minors can be deceptively swift.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    this is what i think about every time avante posts

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think of nothing when you post, that's the impact you don't make, yep.,....boring. You're so damn limited and simple.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Here's what I need more of when it come to music.

Talton & Darby.....best kept secret
    Charlie Feathers..one of those Sun Records cats back in the 50's.
    Haskil Atkins.....has to be heard.

That's about it, I have everything else I need.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just added CD's by...

Steve Earle
    Pearl Jam
    Delbert McClinton
    Paul Kelly
    Chris Isaak
    Charles Mingus
    Willy Deville

The thing with the kids is they get stuck on that rap and have no depth. I need a wide variety and yes I own some rap .

To only listen to one genre of music....why? Who is always in the same mood? In a three day period I'll be listening to primitive 1920's blues, Peter Tosh, Prince, Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys, The Platters, R.Kelly,Tom Waits,Miles Davis, Pearl Jam, Al Green, Etta James, Bonnie Raitt, etc etc etc. I need that depth, that variety so I have it. And I try to find out all I can about the story behind the artists, the music.

Who was the first white cat to record for the MoTown label?
    Last edited by Avante; 06-04-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    cd's lol

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    After John Ross ran his sizzlin' 4.22 40, Tennessee's Christian Coleman (HS football) the fastest sprinter in the NCAA (just won the NCAA 100, and in the heats broke the NCAA record with a 9.82, only seven sprinters in history have ran faster) decided to give it a shot.

He ran a 4.12 using the exact same style used at the combine.

6.45 60
    9.82 100m
    19.85 200m

No college sprinter in history compares to that.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Whoever came up with this swipe a card deal at a checkout needs their ass kicked. Didn't they know the process is way too complex for Mexicans? So there the line waits as they try to figure it out or try and find their cards, something they could have done while waiting for some other dumb Mexican to figure it out. And all the while that tribe of kids (one old enought to have baby sat) are running all over the place.

What really is wrong with these people?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New York Knicks
    Whoever came up with this swipe a card deal at a checkout needs their ass kicked. Didn't they know the process is way too complex for Mexicans? So there the line waits as they try to figure it out or try and find their cards, something they could have done while waiting for some other dumb Mexican to figure it out. And all the while that tribe of kids (one old enought to have baby sat) are running all over the place.

What really is wrong with these people?
    My father gave his life, making this country what it is. Murdered by the British with all of his men on the twenty fifth of July, anno domini, 1814. Do you think I'm going to help you befoul his legacy, by giving this country over to them, what's had no hand in the fighting for it? Why, because they come off a boat crawling with lice and begging you for little girls to rape?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, please up your game ok? That stupid you bring is boring as , ok?

Now think and try it again, do not blow it this time, got it ?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If ya didn't see the old man Ball on Monday Night Raw, ya missed out on seeing mental re ation in the limelight.This guy is a ing wack job, a clown, a joke. I pity his kids.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Spent a good hour today listening to the Sex Pistols. I tried, I really did but damn they suck. Iggy Pop and the Stooges.....yuck~~~ The Ramones...barely bearable. The Clash....not as bad.

Hard to believe this stuff has the audience that it does.

After regaining my senses I put on Al Jolson in concert back in the early 40's, talk about a dramatic difference in talent, wow~~~~ This punk takes no talent, yep, just like rap, it's simple that ya outgrow and never come back to.

Wanna hear some real talent....

Jo Stafford
    Ink Spots
    Mills Brothers
    Vaughn Monroe
    Peggy Lee
    Lena Horne
    Last edited by Avante; 07-11-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Attention is starving

I'll toss him a bone.

Hahahaa look at this little freak following avante around everyone needs avante..etc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    My father gave his life, making this country what it is. Murdered by the British with all of his men on the twenty fifth of July, anno domini, 1814. Do you think I'm going to help you befoul his legacy, by giving this country over to them, what's had no hand in the fighting for it? Why, because they come off a boat crawling with lice and begging you for little girls to rape?
    lol

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So I drop off some stuff at the Salvation Army, migt as well go on in and see what I can find.

Electric Footb....ah....Vibrating Football, ya see it runs off batteries. It came with two hand painted teams, now add the six I already had from an old Electric Football game....yep, 8 team league....cool~~~~

I play where the ball carrier must be stopped, not just touched. He runs until he is pushed backwards or goes out of bounds. See some great runs.

4 downs to get to the 50 (start on 20) then 4 downs to score. Receivers must be open and heading up field, a roll of the dice....even....complete....odd...incomplete. Only one pass per 4 downs so no need for an INT.

It is a bit unique in the fact it has two speeds and both players can control the speed.

What are the odds of having 4 NFC teams.

Niners
    Bears
    Cowboys
    Eagles

4 AFC

Bengals
    Colts
    Chargers
    Raiders
    Last edited by Avante; 07-11-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    While getting ready for the huge HS football game Friday night between the nations top two teams I came across this HS tidbit....

A 256-0 game, wow~~~

Any of you Texans familiar with the name.....Ken Hall?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is it just me or did you also get the feeling CNN blew it with all this.....

Here we are telling everybody what is obvious and we'll stand out here in the elements because of $$$$$$$$$$$ but you better get in.

Looked stupid standing out in the rain.

I really hate these kinds of things, we are so damn puny vs Mother Nature.

Thread Information