Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm done dealing with the immature posters here, so if you plan on talking to me bring real mature adult intelligence. If you can't do that the don't even bother. Tired of going down there to your level, yep, nose bleed.

I had my fun with my "Avante" character, but now I'm bored with it and you should be also. So let's rise above that silliness.

To think...

Come on amigo, sheesh~~~~ here's a list and a video.

...got the play it did, is really amazing to me.

My real name is Larry.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It is totally pouring down outside, and according to the news a HUGE storm due in here Sunday. Been a long time since we've seen this much rain. My MIL..."God answered my prayers"....hmmmmm?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's pushin' 11am on the west coast and the sun is shining high and bright. When I went to bed last night it was pouring down rain, ha!

Yes the classic....calm before the storm...because according to the weather reports a huge storm is on it's way, due in Sunday. I do love rainy days, just bummed we don't have a fireplace in this home. What were we thinking?

It was sometime in the 50's in Visalia, we all woke up to a sound of running water, it was coming in from under the door, yep, a flood. Dad gets us all up, and it's off to grab a ladder. We ended up in a tent on top the car port. Mom, dad, me my three sisters and our bulldog Brownie, our two cats Suzy and her son Samson (gigantic tom cat).

The water got three feet high.

There is talk right now of floods, Judy got a warning on her phone.

This is scarey.

http://abc30.com/weather/

Our mountain hideaway is just above Springville.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-06-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Dear diary, it's Day 1,944 of retirement:

Today I posted on spurstalk all day....just like the last 1,943 days of retirement. Death can't come soon enough. Judy seems uninterested in spurstalk stories again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks

Today I posted on spurstalk all day....just like the last 1,943 days of retirement. Death can't come soon enough. Judy seems uninterested in spurstalk stories again.
    "stop acting like the little girl i plowed."

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Dear Diary

I dropped in on Spurtalk today, as usual my major concern was Avante. I only go there to pester him, yes I'm hurting for things to do. Having no hobbies, a family that shuns me and no friends, I need Avante.

He'll ask me again about why I find him so captivating and why it is his leg I hump, questions I never actually answer because it would expose my sexuality. I find the big guy sexy and when he does talk to me, I all over myself.

Everybody else there bores me, that's why all I do there is follow Avante around.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-06-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    interesting thoughts

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Never have really understood what people get out of just pesterng others on the internet, what's the deal with that? They really that bored/boring, uninteresting that that's the best they can do?

And if you notice those who play that never do anything here themselves. They are obviously followers.

I'm totally/completely/100% bored with those immature posters, I think we all are.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    La'Veon Bell is one of a kind. A RB who actually plots out a course. That goes against all we have ever known about the position. We are taught to explode thru a hole, and it really is all about instincts. You don't have to think, ya simply react. Not this guy and it's totally unique the way he runs, never seen anything like it.

There is that break away down the sideline and looking for the cutback, that takes some thought.

Funny thing about the Steelers is this....

Thier best ever QB is Big Ben, he is ahead of HOFer Terry Bradshaw.

Their best WR;s Antonio Brown and Hines Ward, they are ahead of HOFers, Lynn Swann and John Stallworth.

Bell isn't better (yet) than HOFers, Jerome Bettis and Franco Harris, he is better than HOFer John Henry Johnson.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-09-2017 at 06:02 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    GGGRRRRRRRRRR8 (kids they are)
    by Avante

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    GGGRRRRRRRRRR8 (kids they are)
    by Avante
    Don't you ever get bored with all that? Dude, you bore the out of me, ok?

If I were you I'd be picking my brain and learning all ya could. To waste away the chance to widen your horizons, extend those perimeters, why?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of books made into movies.

I'd read all of Lee Childs Jack ReAcher books before the first movie came out. And yes it was based on one of the books. What stunned all of us into the stories was seeing Tom Cruise playing the 6-6 260 pound Jack Reacher. That simply made no sense at all. BUT....unless you know the story you wouldn't know that.

His size is always talked about in the books.

Imagine John Wayne playing Napolean.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of books made into movies.

I'd read all of Lee Childs Jack ReAcher books before the first movie came out. And yes it was based on one of the books. What stunned all of us into the stories was seeing Tom Cruise playing the 6-6 260 pound Jack Reacher. That simply made no sense at all. BUT....unless you know the story you wouldn't know that.

His size is always talked about in the books.

Imagine John Wayne playing Napolean.
    You might like Bosch. From the Michael Connelly books. I think I read one or two. But the series is great.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You might like Bosch. From the Michael Connelly books. I think I read one or two. But the series is great.
    I will buy boxes of books at yard sales. Sometimes it takes me months to go thru just what is there. I know I have at least one Michael Connelly book. I've seen that name before. Now I;m curious.

Thanks, I love to discover new to me.

Did he write Congo? I think that was the name of the book which became a movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I will buy boxes of books at yard sales. Sometimes it takes me months to go thru just what is there. I know I have at least one Michael Connelly book. I've seen that name before. Now I;m curious.

Thanks, I love to discover new to me.

Did he write Congo? I think that was the name of the book which became a movie.
    Yeah...he wrote Congo and Jurassic Park and all those techno thrillers. Plus the Harry Bosch stuff.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    J.T. Edson's western stories of Dusty Fog with his buddies Mark Counter and the Ysabel kid tailor made for the silver screen.

Fog is 5-5 but the fastest gun in the west, and he knows karate. Counter a sharpe dressed giant who has never lost a fight. The Ysabel Kid is part indian, a master with a knife and has all those indian talents like tracking.

The situations Edson puts them in, very entertaining.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    #chirpchirp

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Came across a western written by......Edgar Rice Burroughs of Tarzan, John Carter on Mars..fame, not sure what to expect. I'm currently finishing "Donovan's Gun" a Luke Short novel. Short is there with Max Brand, Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour on the Mount Rushmore of the western novelists.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Another day of pouring down rain here in central Cali, now add the melting (later) snow from the mighty Sierra Nevada mountains. Snow all over the mountains, I'm looking right at it.

There is a God.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I got a call from a friend who lives up above Springville who called to let me know our mountain cabin is half way covered with mud. All that rain caused a mud slide. Not sure I can even get back in there now, heard it's a mess.

Not too excited about shoveling mud but am curious about the damages if any. So off I go in the morning. Would ya believe in 15 minutes on AMC....Jeremiah Johnson...?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I got a call from a friend who lives up above Springville who called to let me know our mountain cabin is half way covered with mud. All that rain caused a mud slide. Not sure I can even get back in there now, heard it's a mess.

Not too excited about shoveling mud but am curious about the damages if any. So off I go in the morning. Would ya believe in 15 minutes on AMC....Jeremiah Johnson...?
    Dang, that sux Avante.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

There is a god

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante, do you prefer 21 Savage or Kodak Black, tbh?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Avante, do you prefer 21 Savage or Kodak Black, tbh?
    That level of music simply doesn't interest me. It's too simple to begin with and in a word ...boring.

I need something along these lines.

You'd want to mix her in with (because I have)

Lucinda Williams
    Tony Joe White
    Emmylou Harris
    Joni Mitc
    John Mellencamp
    Allison Krauss
    Townes Van Zandt
    Shelby Lynne
    Marc Cohn
    Ryan Adams
    Bonnie Raitt
    Early...Bruce Springsteen
    John Hiatt
    Steve Earle

As ya know the roots of black music an interest of mine. That above just takes a particular sound.

The Queen of that High Lonesome.

Last edited by Avante; 01-16-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Always wondered what the south would have done if their schools could have stayed lilly white. They do love their football. Knowing they can't compete with USC, Ohio State without black athletes what would they have done?

White cornerbacks trying to run with 6-3 4.3 receivers just won't work. I'd guess those HBCU schools like Grambling, Jackson State could play with Alabama, Georgia.

Yes we all know the Bear Bryant/Sam Cunningham story, so save it.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-17-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Thread Information