Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another Murdoch toilet paper that endorsed Trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cite liberal papers supporting Clinton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't aware Obama bailed out anyone. I was aware GWB signed a bailout package for GM at the end of his last term.
    Actaully no. Congress killed the bailout package so GWB diverted money from TARP to bailout the auto industry against the will of most in his party. President elect Obama publicly supported the move and, once in office, funneled $10's B more to the industry. They both deserve credit (or blame).

Sloppy mf and a partisan hack to boot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cite liberal papers supporting Clinton
    ...but they tell the truth, slapping the Repugs with their own words, actions, while your LIES nonstop

We'll see what the real story is with Ford. Industry analysts say car sales have peaked, gas prices going up, so maybe Ford decided against the $1.5B MX factory while brown-nosing Trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning is giving boo hives. He hates winning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning is giving boo hives. He hates winning.
    More jobs would be created by weakening the U$D to goose exports, make imports more expensive, but Repugs think a strong dollar equals big national .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and what is the tax incentives for ford? ...lol wont be payin much corporate taxes anyway....

trump if he was a real he would clamp down on companies corporated overseas in tax havens who are operatin in american and deferring whatever income overseas to avoid taxes

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lib _deux overflowing with butthurt

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Liberals just don't get it.

Ford sees positive regulation changes, rather than punitive ones.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    and what is the tax incentives for ford? ...lol wont be payin much corporate taxes anyway....

trump if he was a real he would clamp down on companies corporated overseas in tax havens who are operatin in american and deferring whatever income overseas to avoid taxes
    Low taxes on US soil is better than no taxes if elsewhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Liberals just don't get it.

Ford sees positive regulation changes, rather than punitive ones.
    what regulations are restraining Ford?

Trash threatens to punish US companies with import tariffs, but what else?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-04-2017 at 08:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only a matter of time before their future employees go on strike

Don't worry, they will lose money in a few years and relocate to Mexico

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real story behind that exaggerated Ford tweet from Donald Trump

"
    Ford's contract with the United Auto Workers prevents it from shutting down the factory in question,

the Louisville Assembly Plant, or from laying off workers there without engaging further talks with the union. The company clarified that it had merely decided not to move production of a single vehicle, the Lincoln MKC, out of Kentucky.

In the case of Ford in Louisville, “No one really thought that plant would close,” said Bernard Swiecki, a senior automotive analyst at the Center for Automotive Research in Michigan, who tracks North American automakers' investment decisions.

“These moves are not at all akin to saving the plant. That was never under consideration by anyone.”

Ford officials said late Thursday that they had intended to move it to Mexico. Union officials said Friday that the company had never indicated that to them. Reports last year suggested a plant in Chicago might pick up the MKC production.

Ford did announce plans to

move a different line of production — small cars, including the Ford Focus — from Michigan to Mexico.

It said it would ramp up other production in Michigan to ensure no workers lost their jobs from the move. Trump criticized that decision repeatedly on the campaign trail, but the

company reaffirmed this week that it is going forward with that move. ( Trash? You heard that? )
    Privately on Friday, Ford officials suggested that their decision to keep Lincoln production in Louisville was influenced in part by the likelihood that Trump will sign a large cut in corporate income tax rates and move to scale back fuel-economy standards issued under President Obama, which automakers have called onerous.

Swiecki suggested another factor: the auto industry's softening sales growth.

Sales were down in October for all of the Big Three American automakers.

Ford is on track to sell fewer vehicles this year than it did in 2015, a

demand reduction that could mean there was no need to move the MKC production to enable the plant to churn out more Escapes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3f0d73e012dc

All y'all Trash fellators been lied to, duped, conned YET AGAIN by Big Lying Orange Fraud Turd!

The POWER OF THE UNIONS to protect its workers jobs! That's why y'all HATE unions?

Capital HATES labor, attacking unions for 40 years has been the VRWC strategy. Killing salaries, benefits, in order for capital to profit by impoverishing labor.

Trash and the Repugs will do everything they can to benefit CAPITAL and over LABOR (eg, Trash's voters)

Minimum wage hike? dead

Overtime threshold raised? dead

Worker protections? reduced or dead

I bet Repugs pass right-to-work laws for Federal govt employees. So employees benefit from unions but have no "skin in the game"

Ford's Lincoln line and GM's Cadillac have been and are struggling badly in the luxury car market. Moving MKS "maybe" to MX was a way eke out some more profit from a low-volume loser.

The successful Focus production IS moving to MX

If Trash and the Repugs really want to help American jobs, then put heavy tariffs on all imported cars from Japan and Europe.

That would be extremely popular!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only a matter of time before their future employees go on strike

Don't worry, they will lose money in a few years and relocate to Mexico
    Literal Lefty going the "proof by prognostication" route. tsk tsk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash is lying, he ain't reversing, or even stopping globalization.

BigCorp bought enough politicians for decades to obtain globalization, and BigCorp still owns those politicians, Trash doesn't.

Trash has no ing idea about how the world works, but he sure knows how corruption works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Louisville Assembly Plant, or from laying off workers there without engaging further talks with the union. The company clarified that it had merely decided not to move production of a single vehicle, the Lincoln MKC, out of Kentucky.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#111111][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][FONT=arial]Ford did announce plans to

move a different line of production — small cars, including the Ford Focus — from Michigan to Mexico.

It said it would ramp up other production in Michigan to ensure no workers lost their jobs from the move. Trump criticized that decision repeatedly on the campaign trail, but the

company reaffirmed this week that it is going forward with that move. ( Trash? You heard that? )
    Response, Trump supporters?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rooster takes credit for the sunrise.

Ford was singled out by DJT during the campaign -- didn't Trump threaten 35% tariffs on Ford imports from Mexico? -- buttering him up now is a PR counteroffensive.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 01-04-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Starting with mother ing Apple.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    The real story behind that exaggerated Ford tweet from Donald Trump

"
    Ford's contract with the United Auto Workers prevents it from shutting down the factory in question
    Union contracts are available online.

Link please.

If the blogger you got this from is any good, then they provided a source link.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Union contracts are available online.

Link please.

If the blogger you got this from is any good, then they provided a source link.
    "Do You Own Research -- WC"

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    "Do You Own Research -- WC"
    The point I am getting at is you are believing what is likely a bad source, because it fits your confirmation bias.

You believe without verification.

That makes you a total idiot.

Wait... you already are a total idiot!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point I am getting at is you are believing what is likely a bad source
    ...in your highly self-esteemed opinion only

If you can "do your own research" and prove that Ford stopped the MKS factory export ONLY because Trash threatened Ford, then let's see it, ace.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    ...in your highly self-esteemed opinion only

If you can "do your own research" and prove that Ford stopped the MKS factory export ONLY because Trash threatened Ford, then let's see it, ace.
    That is not my opinion.

Time will tell. Trump will likely push for a more business friendly relationship, and if he does, the economy will grow like we haven't seen since Reagan or the Y2K scare.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is not my opinion.

Time will tell. Trump will likely push for a more business friendly relationship, and if he does, the economy will grow like we haven't seen since Reagan or the Y2K scare.
    BigFIRE and inequality will grow, GDP and FIRE/1% income will continue to increase (capital "rentier" income, not earned income), but inequality has blocked and will block income growth for the 90%, which has been true since the late 70s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think the president should be interfering in the free market, to the detriment of shareholders?

Thread Information