Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-policies.html

Before he's even taken office, President-elect Donald Trump has proven to be quite the job creator.

Ford Motor Company announced Tuesday it will cancel a $1.6 billion plant planned for Mexico and will instead invest $700 million in a Michigan assembly plant, directly tying the decision to “pro-growth policies” championed by President-elect Donald Trump.

Trump had previously been critical of Ford’s plans to build in Mexico. After the announcement, Trump tweeted a link to a story about the Ford decision and then added in a subsequent message: "Instead of driving jobs and wealth away, AMERICA will become the world's great magnet for INNOVATION & JOB CREATION."

CEO Mark Fields, speaking at an event at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant, said the policies that Trump “and the new Congress have indicated they will pursue” were vital to the company’s decision.

“We believe these tax and regulatory reforms are necessary to boost U.S. compe iveness,” Fields said.

Tuesday's announcement was the latest in a string of pre-inauguration successes for Trump in the manufacturing sector.

In early December, air conditioner and furnace maker Carrier agreed to stay in Indiana after weeks of negotiations headed by Vice President-elect Mike Pence. The decision reportedly saved about 700 jobs that would have been shifted to Mexico.

Later in the month, wireless provider Sprint and Internet company OneWeb announced they would be adding thousands of jobs in the U.S. Both companies are controlled by SoftBank founder Masayoshi Son, who had previously met with Trump.

Earlier Tuesday morning, Trump took aim at another auto giant: General Motors.

"General Motors is sending Mexican made model of Chevy Cruze to U.S. car dealers-tax free across border. Make in U.S.A. or pay big border tax!" Trump tweeted.

GM, however, quickly pushed back on Trump's assertions.

"GM builds the Chevrolet Cruze hatchback for global markets in Mexico, with a small number sold in the U.S." a statement said.

The investment in the Flat Rock plant is set to create 700 jobs, according to Fields. The money, which was taken from the $1.6 billion earmarked for the Mexico plant, will be used to open a new factory that will build high-tech autonomous and electric vehicles as well as the Mustang and Lincoln Continental, the company said in a press release.

"I am thrilled that we have been able to secure additional UAW-Ford jobs for American workers," UAW Vice President Jimmy Settles said in the release. "The men and women of Flat Rock Assembly have shown a great commitment to manufacturing quality products, and we look forward to their continued success with a new generation of high-tech vehicles."
    #WINNING!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Que some sour grapes, Leftwing nutjob article from Boots about how Henry Ford was a Nazi and created the 40 hour work week to enslave people and that a good leader would let people make 40-hour-per-week-checks for not working at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this Ford move, which probably has a more accurate hidden story to come out later, was bad for Ford but pleasing to Trash, Ford wouldn't do it.

you Trash fellators are so ing simple-minded

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Fields on his word here. Obama saving GM is one of the big reasons I voted for him in 2012, so if Trump can deliver jobs he'll get my 2020 vote too. I hope he does.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's in it for Ford profits?

Please sheeple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Fields on his word here. Obama saving GM is one of the big reasons I voted for him in 2012, so if Trump can deliver jobs he'll get my 2020 vote too. I hope he does.
    for you jobs only will offset all the other Trash and Repugs are going to deliver?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for you jobs only will offset all the other Trash and Repugs are going to deliver?

What scary things are they going to deliver, Chicken Little?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What scary things are they going to deliver, Chicken Little?
    maybe a war or two, defunding PP, IRS, SEC, Education, VA, kill CFPB, killing net neutrality, killing ACA and 100Ks Americans, appointing compromised rightwing extremists to 100+ of Federal judgeships, plus one two on SCOTUS, etc, etc, etc. approving every single mega-merger, causing 100Ks of job losses

Just look at Repug platform and Trash's agenda.

And that's not even considering the rampant cronyism, corruption throughout the Repug party, national, state, local.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    maybe a war or two, defunding PP, IRS, SEC, Education, VA, kill CFPB, killing net neutrality, killing ACA and 100Ks Americans, appointing compromised rightwing extremists to 100+ of Federal judgeships, plus one two on SCOTUS, etc, etc, etc. approving every single mega-merger, causing 100Ks of job losses

And that's not even considering the rampant cronyism, corruption throughout the Repug party, national, state, local.
    You're so adorable when you're angry. Let me pinch your cheek

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's in it for Ford profits?

Please sheeple.
    So you think people here believe Ford did it out of the goodness of their hearts?

One big reason businesses in the US aren't profitable is because they are taxed and regulated into the ing ground. Another, especially up north, is union labor that strong arms companies into paying high prices for basically unskilled labor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

BigFord
    BigSprint
    BigTelecom
    BigDeal

In the past 24 years you mother ers have had the con for 16. What did you do? Obamacare and Lewdinsky.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Got to give Mr. Trump credit for being such a bad-ass…Can’t wait to get rid of the MOM Jeans effeminate who has been occupying the white house for the past eight years…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only booboo gets mad at jobs.

Party-first bull per par

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Party-first bull per par
    goddam,you're stupid, and still think Trash "saved" jobs at Carrier?

there's more to the Ford story than the less CEO sucking up to Trash, wait for it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Party-first bull per par
    I nearly when boo ragged on Trump for kicking David Koch's friend off his golf course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boos gonna get tired of winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    goddam,you're stupid, and still think Trash "saved" jobs at Carrier?

there's more to the Ford story than the less CEO sucking up to Trash, wait for it.
    Typical left "proof by prognostication" bull .

Wait till it happens, asshole, then go yourself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I nearly when boo ragged on Trump for kicking David Koch's friend off his golf course.
    .... ty take. I'm obviously not a Kock Bros supporter, sympathizer.

the point, you missed, was how that tiny little man Trash is such big bully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think people here believe Ford did it out of the goodness of their hearts?

One big reason businesses in the US aren't profitable is because they are taxed and regulated into the ing ground. Another, especially up north, is union labor that strong arms companies into paying high prices for basically unskilled labor.
    I think it will somewhere in between.
    Yes Ford coming back because the ridiculous tax / labor union bosses cuts being too high might be Trumped down combined with......lets wait and see what sweetheart bull is included like with Carrier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When Barry bailed out GM a lot of 'Pubs scoffed. In retro the Volt is a damn fine car. Yes it had some bugs when it first came out. Now it seems solid as .
    Just gotta have either low cost home plug in or access to freebie plug in like at work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Barry bailed out GM a lot of 'Pubs scoffed. In retro the Volt is a damn fine car. Yes it had some bugs when it first came out. Now it seems solid as .
    Just gotta have either low cost home plug in or access to freebie plug in like at work.
    Wasn't aware Obama bailed out anyone. I was aware GWB signed a bailout package for GM at the end of his last term.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If this Ford move, which probably has a more accurate hidden story to come out later, was bad for Ford but pleasing to Trash, Ford wouldn't do it.

you Trash fellators are so ing simple-minded
    You're just angry that those 700 people won't be put on the government teat where the Democrats can buy their votes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Half of those things arent bad at all. The other half isn't stuff we havent experienced with the last two devils who preceeded him. And the corruption he will bring in will be minimal compared to the Left reanimating the burnt ashes of Joe Goerbells to run their Propaganda Ministry, let alone being owned by Soros.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://nypost.com/2017/01/01/trump-i...mised-america/ THere u go

Thread Information