Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    If Demarcus doesn't get kicked out of the league then he's going to end up with a career trajectory similar to Shareef Abdur Rahim.
    That's what they said about Z-Bo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In yesterday's NBA, a fat, drugged-up, unmotivated Shawn Kemp got paid $107 million. When adjusted for inflation, that's over $160 million in today's dollars. Not too far off from what Cousins - an elite big man in his prime - stands to get this offseason.
    Lies

In 13 seasons Kemp made $91m, he was only fat the latter part of his career

The same year Kemp got that big payday, known cancer Vin Baker got paid $86.7 million. That's over $130 million in today's dollars.
    More deception. "The same year Kemp got that big payday"

Vin Baker's 13 year career earnings average $7.5m per season.

Even Brian ing Grant managed to steal $86 million - $120 million in today's dollars - from the Heat. Was Riley on crack?
    More lies, Grant earned $42m from the Heat, less than half of $86m

Can't trust anything this Trumpster got says

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lies

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lies

Not lies.

Kemp did sign a $107 million contract with the Cavs in 1997. He became so fat, drugged up and lazy that when he ended up on the Blazers, they restructured his contract and he voluntarily agreed to give up $25 million. Portland's GM at the time, Bob Whitsitt, openly referred to him as "grossly overpaid"

http://a.espncdn.com/nba/news/2002/0819/1420372.html

Baker signed with the Sonics for $86.7 million in 1997. The Celtics later terminated his contract with $35 million left on the deal because of his binge alcoholism.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...h1gigor7j5ewu7
    http://archive.boston.com/sports/bas...d_union_irked/

Brian Grant signed with the Heat for $86 million in 2000. You conveniently ignored the remaining $42.4 million he sucked out of the Lakers when he was shipped there as part of the Shaq trade in 2004.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2000-08-31/sports/0008310112_1_heat-s-summer-brian-grant-eddie-jones

So, in conclusion, you flat-out lied about Brian Grant's contract. And you failed to prove that none of those three players were overpaid. The only reason that Kemp and Baker didn't see all of those grossly overinflated contracts was because of their own actions. Their contracts were still absolutely re ed even at the time of signing. Especially Baker's, which hamstrung the Sonics from making moves in free agency.

Can't trust anything this Hillshill got says.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not lies.

Kemp did sign a $107 million contract with the Cavs in 1997. He became so fat, drugged up and lazy that when he ended up on the Blazers, they restructured his contract and he voluntarily agreed to give up $25 million. Portland's GM at the time, Bob Whitsitt, openly referred to him as "grossly overpaid"

Baker signed with the Sonics for $86.7 million in 1997. The Celtics later terminated his contract with $35 million left on the deal because of his binge alcoholism.

Brian Grant signed with the Heat for $86 million in 2000. You conveniently ignored the remaining $42.4 million he sucked out of the Lakers when he was shipped there as part of the Shaq trade in 2004.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2000-08-31/sports/0008310112_1_heat-s-summer-brian-grant-eddie-jones

So, in conclusion, you flat-out lied about Brian Grant's contract. And you failed to prove that none of those three players were overpaid. The only reason that Kemp and Baker didn't see all of those grossly overinflated contracts was because of their own actions. Their contracts were still absolutely re ed even at the time of signing. Especially Baker's, which hamstrung the Sonics from making moves in free agency.

Lies:

1) "Shawn Kemp got paid $107 million" he obviously didn't "get paid". You just admitted as much.

2) "Vin Baker got paid $86.7 million" he obviously didn't "get paid". You just admitted as much.

3) "
    Brian ing Grant managed to steal $86 million - $120 million in today's dollars - from the Heat. Was Riley on crack?" obviously Riley and the Heat did not pay him $86m, you just admitted as much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate saying it but clipper nation is now carrying splits' baby.

Clipper nation, sorry brother, you dug that hole.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Lies:

1) "Shawn Kemp got paid $107 million" he obviously didn't "get paid". You just admitted as much.

2) "Vin Baker got paid $86.7 million" he obviously didn't "get paid". You just admitted as much.

3) "
    Brian ing Grant managed to steal $86 million - $120 million in today's dollars - from the Heat. Was Riley on crack?" obviously Riley and the Heat did not pay him $86m, you just admitted as much.
    Not lies. I was referring to the contracts on the day they were signed. The fact that there were actual front offices in yesterday's NBA who thought that a fat, washed-up Shawn Kemp was worth $107 mil, Vin Baker was worth $86.7 mil and Brian Grant was worth $86 mil at any time is laughable, regardless of what happened later on in those contracts.

If Cousins gets paid $200+ million this summer and then drinks/drugs himself out of the league and doesn't see the entirety of the contract or he bounces around from team to team, something tells me that the yesterday's NBA krew won't retract all their mockery of the original contract he signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not lies. I was referring to the contracts on the day they were signed. The fact that there were actual front offices in yesterday's NBA who thought that a fat, washed-up Shawn Kemp was worth $107 mil, Vin Baker was worth $86.7 mil and Brian Grant was worth $86 mil at any time is laughable, regardless of what happened later on in those contracts.

If Cousins gets paid $200+ million this summer and then drinks/drugs himself out of the league and doesn't see the entirety of the contract or he bounces around from team to team, something tells me that the yesterday's NBA krew won't retract all their mockery of the original contract he signed.
    So we're supposed to believe "got paid" is "contracts on the day they were signed"

Serial liar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Based off memory, kemp didn't get into problems until the lockout and he signed that contract before then.

Baker at one point was a legit star and grant had a streak of really good games before he signed the contract. Juwan Howard, Jon Ko can, Jim mcilvaine and Jerome James were way worse contracts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Based off memory, kemp didn't get into problems until the lockout and he signed that contract before then.

Baker at one point was a legit star and grant had a streak of really good games before he signed the contract. Juwan Howard, Jon Ko can, Jim mcilvaine and Jerome James were way worse contracts.
    When Juwan Howard's horrible contract was signed, he was considered a legit star on the rise (like Baker) and was an All-Star. And Jerome James got overpaid because of a string of good games just like Grant was.

The point is, players were overpaid in yesterday's NBA just like they are today.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not lies.

So in conclusion, Kemp didn't get paid the 107 million you said he got paid. Nor did Baker get paid 86 million.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    So we're supposed to believe "got paid" is "contracts on the day they were signed"

Serial liar
    He moving those goalposts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    So in conclusion, Kemp didn't get paid the 107 million you said he got paid. Nor did Baker get paid 86 million.
    So if Cousins s up and doesn't see all of that $200+ million (which is definitely a possibility with that nutjob), you won't still laugh at the Kings for signing him to that big of a contract initially?

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Imo it seems obvious what CN was saying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Juwan Howard's horrible contract was signed, he was considered a legit star on the rise (like Baker) and was an All-Star. And Jerome James got overpaid because of a string of good games just like Grant was.

The point is, players were overpaid in yesterday's NBA just like they are today.
    Juwan Howard signed the biggest contract in history at that point based on a strong half season and Jerome James had a good playoff run playing pick and roll that everybody saw was due to the kings leaving him opened.

I know what your intent was but baker made multiple all star and all NBA teams at that point.
    Brian grant was considered a defense force and had the ability to knock down open jumpers. He was supposed to be this new age PF at the time the league was filled with phenomenal PFs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you have plenty of people in the media saying he is the best.
    Did i decipher his ebonics mumbling correctly?
    Even if i played in a pair of sandals I'd still beez da best big man?

Thread Information