My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    today's NBA

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    In yesterday's NBA, a fat, drugged-up, unmotivated Shawn Kemp got paid $107 million. When adjusted for inflation, that's over $160 million in today's dollars. Not too far off from what Cousins - an elite big man in his prime - stands to get this offseason.

The same year Kemp got that big payday, known cancer Vin Baker got paid $86.7 million. That's over $130 million in today's dollars.

A couple years later, Antonio Davis got a huge payday at age 31 after his first and only All-Star Game appearance () - $60 million, or $87 million in today's dollars. The year before he got paid, he averaged 10 rebounds per game. He never sniffed 10 rebounds per game before that season and never did it again.

Even Brian ing Grant managed to steal $86 million - $120 million in today's dollars - from the Heat. Was Riley on crack?

All of yesterday's NBA fan's arguments are re ed, but the obsession with contracts is their most re ed argument yet. Bad contracts have always been a thing in all sports since pro athletes started making big money.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    declared as the best big man in the NBA
    can't even make half his damn shots with no legit centers remaining
    barely worth 5 wins a year
    can't even make his teammates better
    don't even have to make the playoffs to get 200 million dollars
    that's beyond some Kobe level
    can't even lead his team to a .500 record
    Booger Cousins
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 01-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento is ed. 200 mil or trade and rebuild from to the beginning.

Donaghy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Booger Cousins
    His en lement is going to get inflated that much more.
    Mental toughness of a Epic Dampier and Metta World Peace

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Booger Cousins
    Who's declaring Boogie as the clear-cut, inarguable best big in the NBA? He's an elite big man, just like Davis, Marc Gasol, Blake, Drummond, Jokic, Gobert, Whiteside, etc. Bigs, especially elite ones, have always been paid the big bucks compared to their peers because you can't teach size. That's how the NBA works.

I don't like Cousins, but it's understandable why he's going to get a load of money. Bigs with offensive games like his are a rare commodity. It's not like they're handing out hundreds of millions of dollars to Brian Grant, Antonio Davis, Jerome James, or one of the many other role-playing bigs who got overpaid in yesterday's NBA - or modern equivalents like DeContract Jordan, Timofey Mozgov and washed-up Joakim Noah. Cousins would still be in line for one of the biggest contracts in the league right now in all other eras of basketball.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Who's declaring Boogie as the clear-cut, inarguable best big in the NBA? He's an elite big man, just like Davis, Marc Gasol, Blake, Drummond, Jokic, Gobert, Whiteside, etc. Bigs, especially elite ones, have always been paid the big bucks compared to their peers because you can't teach size. That's how the NBA works.

I don't like Cousins, but it's understandable why he's going to get a load of money. Bigs with offensive games like his are a rare commodity. It's not like they're handing out hundreds of millions of dollars to Brian Grant, Antonio Davis, Jerome James, or one of the many other role-playing bigs who got overpaid in yesterday's NBA - or modern equivalents like DeContract Jordan, Timofey Mozgov and washed-up Joakim Noah. Cousins would still be in line for one of the biggest contracts in the league right now in all other eras of basketball.

And you have plenty of people in the media saying he is the best.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No-brainer, tbh..he has one of the worst supporting casts in NBA history, so Sacramento will probably never surround him with anything notable, but you have to hold on to him..

I've never seen a big man with a combination of post/face-up/shooting/ball-handling/passing like Cous, tbh..imagine he had a decent coach or guard to set him up, too..

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

And you have plenty of people in the media saying he is the best.
    Wow, Boogie's own team - who's trying to keep him from leaving in free agency - is hyping him up? You don't say!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite my ass,he's another Dwight Howard lmfao.
    Dude will never win anything,he's such a little on the court.He's broken and ya can't fix stupid

Backup Goddess, tbh. Gummi Clutch's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In yesterday's NBA, a fat, drugged-up, unmotivated Shawn Kemp got paid $107 million. When adjusted for inflation, that's over $160 million in today's dollars. Not too far off from what Cousins - an elite big man in his prime - stands to get this offseason.

The same year Kemp got that big payday, known cancer Vin Baker got paid $86.7 million. That's over $130 million in today's dollars.

A couple years later, Antonio Davis got a huge payday at age 31 after his first and only All-Star Game appearance () - $60 million, or $87 million in today's dollars. The year before he got paid, he averaged 10 rebounds per game. He never sniffed 10 rebounds per game before that season and never did it again.

Even Brian ing Grant managed to steal $86 million - $120 million in today's dollars - from the Heat. Was Riley on crack?

All of yesterday's NBA fan's arguments are re ed, but the obsession with contracts is their most re ed argument yet. Bad contracts have always been a thing in all sports since pro athletes started making big money.
    Having to write a thesis to defend today's NBA...

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Having to write a thesis to defend today's NBA...
    Five short paragraphs = a "thesis"
    Today's education system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um, hes worth it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Five short paragraphs = a "thesis"
    Today's education system
    "Wasting space = making a point"
    My alma mater ting on yours

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "Wasting space = making a point"
    My alma mater ting on yours
    Pointing out several examples of yesterday's players getting overpaid = "wasting space"
    If I only included one example, you'd have called it an outlier
    Declaring victory because of your own lack of an attention span

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clitoras, idk wtf you're blabbing about...stop trying so hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite my ass,he's another Dwight Howard lmfao.
    Tbh, this is going a little too far. Pathetic Dwert Pedo Manchild Howard still hasn't developed an elite post game or ability to hit freethrows consistently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like boogie...

I'd ship aldridge and Porker combined to get him...of course not possible but just showing you how much I like him.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Who cares about the dollar amount? It's a max contract - and what Cousins would be getting in any era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demarcus doesn't get kicked out of the league then he's going to end up with a career trajectory similar to Shareef Abdur Rahim.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I've never seen a big man with a combination of post/face-up/shooting/ball-handling/passing like Cous, tbh
    I guess you have never heard of 90s star Derrick Coleman:

Thread Information