Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    CN melting down

translation:

Uhhh that's actually a very correct summary.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Chorgers

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

Wow! Why didn't they pressure Spannos more ahead of time?
    Or was his choice to move a shocker for the NFL greed trust?

My Team
    Arizona Cardinals
    Post Count
    Wow! Why didn't they pressure Spannos more ahead of time?
    Or was his choice to move a shocker for the NFL greed trust?
    If they were shocked, they are re ed.

But then again, they did seem to believe his whole "I've been trying to get a stadium in San Diego" act.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    they gave him the option to move, and now they're mad he took it?

This collection of owners + commisioner has to be the worst in NFL history. No shock, a group of dumbass baby boomers is taking a massive sports empire and slowly running it into the ground. While finding some way to blame the players for this.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Delano
    Visalia
    Sanger
    Turlock
    Lodi
    Fowler
    Chowchilla
    Tulare
    Porterville
    Taft
    Hanford
    Corcoran
    Shafter
    Coalinga
    Kingsburg
    Modesto
    Madera
    Merced
    Selma
    Reedley
    Exeter
    Bakersfield
    Wasco
    Fresno

Tons....of Parlier, Ducor, Huron, Mendota, Farmersville, Tipton, Oildale, Firebaugh etc etc etc etc etc............

Are all towns in central California, I do think this region of Cali could and would support an NFL franchise. Why not the Fresno Chargers?
    Last edited by Avante; 10-06-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Does the NFL still want to go international? After the Chargers fail in LA they should be moved out of America.
    Agreed. Why do they get to play 8 home games a year?

Jacksonville actually LIKES the Jags.

Nobody gives a rat's ass about the Chargers anymore.

Move the Chargers to the UK.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As much as everyone hates the Pats, their fans tend to travel as well, especially in sports-apathetic places like Florida and against bad teams. We saw that last night in Tampa, roughly half the crowd was Pats fans.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Good luck getting free agents to move the family to another country, that ain't happening. And don't be surprised if draft picks.....I;m not going over there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good luck getting free agents to move the family to another country, that ain't happening. And don't be surprised if draft picks.....I;m not going over there.
    Great point. Being in the modern NFL pretty much requires a passport though as so many teams are drawn into London once every few years nowadays even if it's as the away team.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Great point. Being in the modern NFL pretty much requires a passport though as so many teams are drawn into London once every few years nowadays even if it's as the away team.
    Playing a game over there is totally different than having to live over there. Taking the kids to London, when you could go to a team closer to home? Who is doing this?

And.......a team in a country where nobody there has really played the game, hmmmmm?

And......how many rookies are going to want to stay in a foreign countrty far far away from family? Once their first contract is up.....see ya.

From London to Seattle, LA, SF, Denver, Arizona? , those teams flying to London? How many times zones is that?

Like I said....central Cali would support an NFL team. Tons of wealthy people live in the farming capital of the world.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-07-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Most NFL fans here in the USA have sons who played, brothers, fathers, they played. Thanks to HS, college football. There has always been something to do with football around. Not so in London, Australia, etc. To them it's a novelty, a circus, something different that just drops in. So there isn't that long love affair with a game they have had some contact with for forever. How long before the novelty wears off?

I started playing football as a little kid, loved it. Steet ball***, backyard ball, at recess, high school football, played in the navy, played 15 years in the city flag league. Have read all the books, have read the magazines. Can talk CFL, USFL, WFL, all NCAA divisions, the old AFL, NFL. Love football.

How can the Brits, Aussies whoever without the football experience really have the same level of fondness for a game they have never played? Never read about in the paper, never followed at school? Just last night on the TV, three HS games****, Morgan State vs South Carolina State, Memphis vs UConn, Boise State vs BYU, today a TON of college games, tomorrow the NFL, I could watch 10 games in three days, this is football in the USA. Not London, etc.

*** we'd all get extension cords and lamps and play in the dark until some neighbor started complaing about the noise. If the kid who owned the ball took it and left we'd play with rolled up t-shirts. This never happened in London, Aussie, etc.

**** one HS game was 65 63, we had a QB who passed for 8TD;s and over 500 yards, the other QB passed for over 400 yards, we had a RB gain over 200 yards and another over 100, we had 4 receivers with over 100 yards. Amazing game to watch if ya like offense.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-07-2017 at 08:14 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Playing a game over there is totally different than having to live over there. Taking the kids to London, when you could go to a team closer to home? Who is doing this?

And.......a team in a country where nobody there has really played the game, hmmmmm?

And......how many rookies are going to want to stay in a foreign countrty far far away from family? Once their first contract is up.....see ya.

From London to Seattle, LA, SF, Denver, Arizona? , those teams flying to London? How many times zones is that?

Like I said....central Cali would support an NFL team. Tons of wealthy people live in the farming capital of the world.
    I agree the logistics of the NFL season would not support a London team. Even if they were put in the NFC East, say, putting the Cowboys in the AFC West, traveling back and forth to NYC, PHI, WAS every year wouldn't be exactly fun either.

San Antonio Chargers, tbh. Would make sense because when I was in HS in San Antonio everyone was obsessed over phone "chargers".

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I agree the logistics of the NFL season would not support a London team. Even if they were put in the NFC East, say, putting the Cowboys in the AFC West, traveling back and forth to NYC, PHI, WAS every year wouldn't be exactly fun either.

San Antonio Chargers, tbh. Would make sense because when I was in HS in San Antonio everyone was obsessed over phone "chargers".
    League got it backwards with the Raiders and Chargers. Raiders should have moved to LA with the Chargers in Las Vegas. Raiders are still the most popular team in LA.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    League got it backwards with the Raiders and Chargers. Raiders should have moved to LA with the Chargers in Las Vegas. Raiders are still the most popular team in LA.
    Exactly. I thought Rams and Raiders was the right call to begin with, but it would make it hard on the media who needs two or three letter abbreviations for teams when telecasting games.

Right now you have a transient team that next to nobody cares about in the Chargers. That's a problem.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    On Thursday morning, San Diego police said they had officers posted at Spanos’ La Jolla home and at Chargers’ headquarters overnight as a precaution.
    Raider fans are thugs but you laugh about this. You thug.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    No, the Chargers should have stayed in San Diego and the league should have forced the Spanos family to sell the team.

Thread Information