Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't play FPS so I can't comment on the killzone comparison.

Imo, a good comparison is the shadow of mordor game...Battle felt asventure like in that game and stealth was key. Loved that game. 8.5 and above.

I'm surpised too see a couple of reviwers show disdain and dislike when few find it a perfect game and most people have it between 9 and 9.5...I can't imagine this game not being fun and immersive with those across the board positive reviews...

Video game jounrnalism can be really weird. I suppose its like the NBA when voting for insividual awards.
    This game looks nothing like Shadow of Mordor to me. Shadow of Mordor was a button masher with crappy graphics and no storyline hardly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game looks nothing like Shadow of Mordor to me. Shadow of Mordor was a button masher with crappy graphics and no storyline hardly.
    I was speaking in terms of genre..

Remeber that game was a 9 across the board too...

I think video gaming journalism has been so cirtical to a fault nowadys. Like I can't for the life me figure out how Bloodborne or Rise of the tomb raider arent at least a 9.5 axross the board considering the games the evolved from were all around the same grades and were inferior in quality in terms of graphics, story etc.

I'm just saying Mordor was a very fun game for me but it doesnt look like it would even touch the level of depthness and Innovation of Aloy's game yet is rated the same way and better by hipster geeks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What am I apologizing for? You really think Nier Automata is going to be better than Horizon Zero Dawn? apa calling it game of the year already is crazy when Red Dead Redemption 2 is still slated for a 2017 release, when Nioh looks as good as it has, and when Mass Effect Andromeda is launching, but everything about Horizon looks really strong. The graphics are top notch, the characters and concept are interesting, the performance is really solid, and all the gameplay we have seen from E3, Playstation Experience, and now the reviews looks outstanding. Plus it's a 50 hour game.
    Nah, I think Nier Automata is going to be like Metal Gear Rising. A hack and slash game.

I'm not expecting mind blowing from it. Those games could be fun for the first time playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was speaking in terms of genre..

Remeber that game was a 9 across the board too...

I think video gaming journalism has been so cirtical to a fault nowadys. Like I can't for the life me figure out how Bloodborne or Rise of the tomb raider arent at least a 9.5 axross the board considering the games the evolved from were all around the same grades and were inferior in quality in terms of graphics, story etc.

I'm just saying Mordor was a very fun game for me but it doesnt look like it would even touch the level of depthness and Innovation of Aloy's game yet is rated the same way and better by hipster geeks.
    Bloodborne had horrible load times at launch, which is the main thing that hurt its review scores.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, didn't you two said this would be a 100+ hour game?

It has a 40 hour main campaign, tack 10 more for side missions and you're barely at 50.

For an open world game this is laughable you gotta say.

Game seems solid though 9s and 10s. Still won't get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, didn't you two said this would be a 100+ hour game?

It has a 40 hour main campaign, tack 10 more for side missions and you're barely at 50.

For an open world game this is laughable you gotta say.

Fifty hours is alright for an open world game. I was hoping for 80-100, but think of Far Cry 3 & 4: those were awesome open world games with about 30-40 hours of content. Speaking of that, this game looks a lot like a 3rd person Far Cry, and I love the Far Cry series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just picked this up from newegg for $50. Not too bad a deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they moved the date from March to the end of this month. My place has it. I went by today to see what's new and it was there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just picked this up from newegg for $50. Not too bad a deal.
    50?

Nice price. I might end up buying this late march. Just got hit with a speeding ticket of 500$ otherwise, wouls have picked this up early march.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What games are you into to not be interested by this game? Everything I'm seeing about this game looks great. The graphics, story, characters, performance, and amount of content all looks really strong, and it's a new franchise so you don't have to worry about sequel fatigue. You're telling me you're not even going to look at this game in 3-4 months when you can find it for $30? Or by Thanksgiving when someone will probably be selling it for $20?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What games are you into to not be interested by this game? Everything I'm seeing about this game looks great. The graphics, story, characters, performance, and amount of content all looks really strong, and it's a new franchise so you don't have to worry about sequel fatigue. You're telling me you're not even going to look at this game in 3-4 months when you can find it for $30? Or by Thanksgiving when someone will probably be selling it for $20?
    I've passed on better games than this so I dont think much about it.

I boycotted MGS5 and I really wanted it. I'll probably ask a friend of mine to lend it to me when he's done with it.

I also dont trust myself with big games anymore. Anything past 10 hours I have to think about. I make few exceptions though like with The Witcher 3.

I'll definitely be getting Mass Effect Andromeda next month if it doesn't get delayed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've passed on better games than this so I dont think much about it.

I boycotted MGS5 and I really wanted it. I'll probably ask a friend of mine to lend it to me when he's done with it.

I also dont trust myself with big games anymore. Anything past 10 hours I have to think about. I make few exceptions though like with The Witcher 3.

I'll definitely be getting Mass Effect Andromeda next month if it doesn't get delayed.
    Why would you boycott a game you wanted? Sucks what happened to Kojima but most publishers in the industry can be pretty shady. Might as well boycott gaming.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you boycott a game you wanted? Sucks what happened to Kojima but most publishers in the industry can be pretty shady. Might as well boycott gaming.
    Just because I have all Metal Gear Solid games going back to the PS1.

I didn't feel comfortable buying MGS5 knowing where that money would end up.

And I meant Horizon Zero Dawn that I would ask a friend to lend it to me, not Metal Gear. I already saw a walkthrough of it on yt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Bloodborne sucks and were hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and Nier Automata man, I don't trust your sense on games bro.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonely master race warrior.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum This is why you need to apologize. You're making me look bad.

I never said I was hype for Kingdom Hearts, asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum This is why you need to apologize. You're making me look bad.

I never said I was hype for Kingdom Hearts, asshole.
    Weren't you talking about buying that and Resident Evil 7 at launch?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lonely master race warrior.
    I'm right here, shoulder to shoulder with DJR

console peasants

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't you talking about buying that and Resident Evil 7 at launch?
    Yeah, but not hype for it. It's for my collection.

It's cool having every single game of a franchise. That's how I got started collecting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but not hype for it. It's for my collection.

It's cool having every single game of a franchise. That's how I got started collecting.
    Collecting is lame. Don't tell me you buy those $100 special editions with Happy Meal toy level figurines too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collecting is lame. Don't tell me you buy those $100 special editions with Happy Meal toy level figurines too.
    LOL no. I mean just the normal game.

And not all games either. Just the franshise that you like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm right here, shoulder to shoulder with DJR

console peasants
    these console spyro and kingdom hearts low lifes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum is still Master Race, he just needs an exorcism and a good ass beating

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum is still Master Race, he just needs an exorcism and a good ass beating
    I had to get a PoorStation for the exclusives. Anything else I'd rather get on steam or even better nosteam. Speaking of PC, Nvidia is teasing the release of the 1080 Ti today on their twitter:

If you slow down the video at the end it finishes with the letters TI

It should be a GP102 card (what they used in an X Pascal) since the GTX 1080 already uses the full unlocked GP104 chip. And it looks like it'll get at least a paper launch next week at GDC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I'm really hoping for though is a GTX 1070 rebrand with GDDR5X. That might convince me to retire the 970 and upgrade.

Thread Information