Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game is damn good though. not ready to put it in Witcher territory yet, but it's the best PS exclusive since LoU easily
    Yup. It's better than unchatrted. Nothing against Baselinebum favourite bloodborne, but thisbhas so much more depth.

The problem is that it's a new IP, and an exclusive. Still mindblown at some reviwers giving this game mixed reviews and there's a few of them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game is damn good though. not ready to put it in Witcher territory yet, but it's the best PS exclusive since LoU easily
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its better than bloodbrone, honestly. I just think that the fact its a new IP got Fanboys a little bit triggered and gave Hipster revieers the Green Card to give hipster Grades.

Its easily better than all the uncharted games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its difficult to imagine the next HZD not being a masterpiece.

Although for a New IP, this should easily be classified as a masterpiece. Its hitting and rivaling games thats been around for years against developers thats beem doing the same game for yeara too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its better than bloodbrone, honestly. I just think that the fact its a new IP got Fanboys a little bit triggered and gave Hipster revieers the Green Card to give hipster Grades.

Its easily better than all the uncharted games.
    I'd be surprised, but I'll find out today since it's supposed to come in the mail finally (I forgot you get shipping with that SmartPost garbage where UPS/FedEx/DHL deliver to a post office at their lowest possible priority and then the USPS finishes delivery when you order a small item from newegg).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm definitely excited for this game. I wouldn't have bought a PS4 without seeing Horizon at E3.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i enjoyed bloodborne but probably not as much as you but imo HZD is easily better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i enjoyed bloodborne but probably not as much as you but imo HZD is easily better
    I liked Bloodborne better than Witcher 3 bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Bloodborne better than Witcher 3 bro
    You probably will like Bloodbrone better.

I think when it gets to a point when both games are at leasy a 9/10...preference becomes very subjective.

Its obvious you place high priority on combat. HZD has a great combat system though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You probably will like Bloodbrone better.

I think when it gets to a point when both games are at leasy a 9/10...preference becomes very subjective.

Its obvious you place high priority on combat. HZD has a great combat system though...
    Probably. Bloodborne is one of my top 5 games ever. Maybe even top 3. And I didn't even think I'd like it when I bought it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. Bloodborne is one of my top 5 games ever. Maybe even top 3. And I didn't even think I'd like it when I bought it.
    Back to HZD

Not gonna spoil anything for you, but you might wanna save up your skill points. I regret using most of my points on stealth now that I'm mostly fighting giants

Wonder if there is a way to redistribute the points. Also, stock up. Crafting is crazy important in the game.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    tbh the only part i've had trouble on is when you find that shadow carja camp when you're looking for olin with the two corruptors. mostly because i beat it and then i got glitched and stuck between a plank and a rock and couldn't move so i fast traveled and returned and everyone was back again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players saying rocketcrusher is one of the hardest boss fights ever

I'm playing on hardmode, but I call BS. Can't wait to get to that part of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh the only part i've had trouble on is when you find that shadow carja camp when you're looking for olin with the two corruptors. mostly because i beat it and then i got glitched and stuck between a plank and a rock and couldn't move so i fast traveled and returned and everyone was back again
    Yeah without Autosave, you can kill all the humans and they'd show up after..Humans are kinda stupid in this game though. Probably fhe only negative so far fr the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mobile market is probably going to take everyone down eventually. Kids are growing up with the expectation that games are supposed to be "free" and that you have to pay to win. That's such a great business model. Then I can't believe how much money King makes selling middle aged ladies lollipop hammers and . Look at how everyone scoffed Super Mario Run because who pays $10 for a mobile game?

On one hand I hope some of these new ideas fail spectacularly, like I want Switch to be a flop because I miss the Nintendo that was on the cutting edge of hardware back in the SNES days when you had ridiculously good third party games. And I 100% want Microsoft's XBox Game Pass to be a flop since I hate the idea of rentals taking over the market. But like you said, can either company survive that happening? I don't get why Microsoft didn't just abandon XBox One (it's not like anyone bought that crap) and make Scorpio with a good cpu that could offer 60 fps gaming. That would be a huge selling point over PoorStation and is achievable with a $60 Pentium G4560. Since you're an emulation expert, would it be hard to emulate a 1.6 GHz Jaguar cpu with what's basically a 3.5 GHz Skylake i3 with much better IPC for providing backwards compatibility with XBone?
    If you're on X64, providing backwards compatibility with another X64 is easy and fast, especially on newer gen CPUs, with vtx/vtd... You can even boot up the XBOne OS in a hypervisor, and basically provide drivers for the newer GPU.

Basically, you're running the CPU at native speeds. The only caveat is that a lot of these consoles sometimes have custom buses, and while vtd would help you a lot with that, if it's too custom it can be a drag. But that's rare, tbh.

IIRC, Skylake i3s are the first i3s to include support for vtx/vtd. The thing though, is that some games might been already optimized for 6/7 cores. Although the much more massive bandwidth and SSE/AVX performance would probably make up for a lot of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree about mobile gaming being a great business model. Mobile gaming is extremely predatory. The total revenue of mobile gaming stems from the fact that they have a crazy amount of games, most of which are garbage making a puny 1 dollar or something, relying solely on quan y is not good for the average developer.

Games are cheaper than ever but many consumers can't see that. Mobile gaming is so cancerous for gamers like us because not only does it affect us real gamers, but it screws up the price expectations.

Console gaming will be alive, but it failed misrebly at tyring to appeal at Grandmas and kid non gamers. The reality is that, console gaming is always going to be a niche.

I just wish monile gaming dies out already. It already has poisoned steam.
    It's toxic, but it's a different target. It's like Poorsung selling Android phones for $200. It does 1/2 of what an iPhone does for 1/4 of the price. Some might think, "wow that's a great value", but you're still getting 1/2... and for AAA games, that missing 1/2 matters a lot. So there are two markets, the hardcore and the value. That's why the middle-ground from Nintendo doesn't make much sense. You're kinda priced out for the value market (AAA games still cost $60), and heavily underpowered for the hardcore market (which pay the same for the same games that look a lot better).

When you're talking margins, the value market is clearly a terrible place to be. I can't think Nintendo really wants to be there in the long term. But for the hardcore market you need solid hardware.

I do think moving to ARM + NVidia is not a bad combo looking maybe 5-10 years from now. Intel's performance kinda plateaued for a while, if ARM can eventually get up to even half of an i5 performance in the next 4-5 years, then Nintendo could be in a good place to compete for the hardcore market. But making a product like that right now, doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess they're going to try to milk the Mario/Zelda fans as long as they can and hope ARM makes that leap and NVidia comes up with even better GPUs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After about 3 hours in I don't think the graphics are as good as Uncharted 4, but I do think it's a way better game. This is exactly the kind of game I love, an open world RPG with interesting areas to explore and some fun stealth. I thought it was kind of funny at the very beginning after reaching adulthood I was checking out some of the mountains and a dead ringer for the Matterhorn was on of those mountains in the distance. I love that this game adopted a crafting system like you see in the Far Cry series. I am really impressed by Guerrilla Games work so far. This is exactly the game I was hoping for when I saw the trailer and gameplay at E3 last summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After about 3 hours in I don't think the graphics are as good as Uncharted 4, but I do think it's a way better game. This is exactly the kind of game I love, an open world RPG with interesting areas to explore and some fun stealth. I thought it was kind of funny at the very beginning after reaching adulthood I was checking out some of the mountains and a dead ringer for the Matterhorn was on of those mountains in the distance. I love that this game adopted a crafting system like you see in the Far Cry series. I am really impressed by Guerrilla Games work so far. This is exactly the game I was hoping for when I saw the trailer and gameplay at E3 last summer.
    Game has so many negative reviews, it's mind boggling. Great New IPs really are challenged. By 10 hour of gameplay, you will feel lile the game is different. I'm telling you right now, stealth is useless later in the game when the real robots show up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing stalkers so annoying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to wonder if i should have played on Normal mode. Hard mode really forces you to farm. I'm always out of Blaze because striders give you a whooping 1 blaze and a charger gives you 2 or 3 same with broadheads.

And all this, when you need hundreds of fire arrows to beat a thunderjaw.

Heck a ravager requires about 40-50 arrow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also apparently, resource are scarce and I dont disgaree. I've killed maybe 50+ watchers and none of them ever dropped a heart.

I ing need that heart to upgrade my weapon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normal mode: Harvest 100%, enemy damage 100%, user damage 100%

Hard: Harvest 75%, Enemy Damage 175%, User damage 85%

V.Hard: Harvest 60% Enemy Damage 200% User Damage 75%...

No wonder I am getting punny 1 blaze with the mount. Not going to change my difficulty, but hard mode is hard..Some games jave hard mode that is really normal mode tbhn... I was wondering why 1 hot can kill you.
    now I knpw why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh ive been playing on hard the whole time and haven't felt like its hard to find items. I also stealth kill most things though and do a fair amount of trading, I'm usually carrying 1500+ shards at any given time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh ive been playing on hard the whole time and haven't felt like its hard to find items. I also stealth kill most things though and do a fair amount of trading, I'm usually carrying 1500+ shards at any given time
    Its ok against smaller and meduim sized robots, but there's a couple sidequest in meridian that forces you to fight a thunderjaw. It's rough at hardmode since my health pouch can only ever get past the first 1+ unless I want to tediously collect herbs.

You cant really stealth kill thunderjaws..they barely receive any damage with a silent strike and even if you keep on using the blastwire, it will take forever.

Surprisingly, stalkers are the most annoying but not the hardest.

The resouce are scarce, imo. I mean how can you kill so many watchers and not have a single watcher heart. Smdh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I almost never have shards in this game since I'm constantly upgrading all my pouches and . As of now I think this is probably the third best game I have played on PS4, behind Bloodborne and The Last of Us. This is definitely going to be a huge franchise for PlayStation. I'm about 12 hours in and I like Horizon Zero Dawn way more than any of the Uncharted or God of War games, and those are arguably the top two IP on PlayStation. I hated having to avoid this thread while waiting for my copy of the game to come in.

Thread Information