Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost done with the game. Sad to see it end.

What an experience! Never thought I'd enjoy a game as much as i did with HZD. While, it wasn't without flaws.. This game is as Elite in every level. Combat, story, graphics, lore etc.

For the sequel, they need to fix human AI.

Also traverssing through clifs and mountain is a pain in the ass because they dont make it clear where you can jump.

Only two minor complaints.

A worthy replacement to Uncharted, imo. Time to close the curtain on Nathan Drake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just finished the game, nice that it gets you back to the point before the final showdown so I can platinum the game. 83% so far.

If you're looking to play the game, seriously consider the text logs and audio points. Even without those the story is amazing, but man with the logs it just makes the setting even more fantastic.

Also, don't miss out on Rost Background Story. Go back to Nora!.

Fully expecting a DLC soon...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word of advice, do not use the power weave

Way overpowered and i say that playing at hard mode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to plat the game. I hate relying on guides but these grazzer dummies are tough to find. I've been looking for the last two in two days now.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Lt Daniels is in this game too. Every time I hear him talk all I can think about is that silent elevator ride when he's staring down McNulty. Same thing when he was playing that CEO in Quantum Break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game sold over 2.6 million copies in just two weeks.

Safe to say this game is going to be a God of War like IP for Sony.

Could be a launch tle for a new console? Sequel that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game sold over 2.6 million copies in just two weeks.

Safe to say this game is going to be a God of War like IP for Sony.

Could be a launch tle for a new console? Sequel that is.
    I wonder how much it cost to make. Nintendo said Breath of the Wild needed to sell 2 million copies to break even.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much it cost to make. Nintendo said Breath of the Wild needed to sell 2 million copies to break even.
    46 Milion euros apparently, not including Marketing...

Probably same thing. Break even at 2 million copies. ..but Im terrible with these calculation so I dont know. How much did Zelda cost?

Sony owns GG though. They're probably more concenred about creating a new IP for future generations rather than short term Greens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    46 Milion euros apparently, not including Marketing...

Probably same thing. Break even at 2 million copies. ..but Im terrible with these calculation so I dont know. How much did Zelda cost?

Sony owns GG though. They're probably more concenred about creating a new IP for future generations rather than short term Greens.
    No way, they must be hugely in the black if that's what development costs were considering Horizon Zero Dawn hasn't needed much marketing. The games you always see advertised now are Breath of the Wild, COD Infinite Warfare, Madden, MLB The Show 17, and the POS Ghost Recon Wildlands.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way, they must be hugely in the black if that's what development costs were considering Horizon Zero Dawn hasn't needed much marketing. The games you always see advertised now are Breath of the Wild, COD Infinite Warfare, Madden, MLB The Show 17, and the POS Ghost Recon Wildlands.
    Yeah, I don't believe the 46 Million number either...but that's what the team at HZD released. When i found out about it a week ago, i thought it was complete BS. It's way too deep of a game for 46$ Million dollar.

Do companoes typically BS about these stuff?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn just got the overpowered ancient armor. Sad to be almost done with the game (well, until they release some DLC). I think it's a coin flip between Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us for second best exclusive on the PS4, with Bloodborne still solidly the best game I have played on the system (ranking TLOU / HZD / TWC3 is tough though). Damn every game looks amazing at E3 (Ghost Recon Wildlands looked like a must have back then ), but HZD is better than the hype, way better than it looked at E3. of a start for PS4 in 2017.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn just got the overpowered ancient armor. Sad to be almost done with the game (well, until they release some DLC). I think it's a coin flip between Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last of Us for second best exclusive on the PS4, with Bloodborne still solidly the best game I have played on the system (ranking TLOU / HZD / TWC3 is tough though). Damn every game looks amazing at E3 (Ghost Recon Wildlands looked like a must have back then ), but HZD is better than the hype, way better than it looked at E3. of a start for PS4 in 2017.
    Don't use the armor in the ending. Don't think the game meant for us to do so. I think the ancient armor ruins the gameplay since it allows you to stay pat and take massive damage.

I had to replay the ending because I had the ancient armour on in my first ending playthrough. Without it though, Ending is much more intense.

I play in hard mode and beating two thunderjaws with an ancient armour is almost as easy as beating two scrappers earlys in the game. Ruins the game.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Just do what I did and put that on very hard when you find the ancient armor, i stumbled upon an area with 5 tramplers, 3 glinthawks, a scrapper site, and 2 thunderjaws and that was not easy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't use the armor in the ending. Don't think the game meant for us to do so. I think the ancient armor ruins the gameplay since it allows you to stay pat and take massive damage.

I had to replay the ending because I had the ancient armour on in my first ending playthrough. Without it though, Ending is much more intense.

I play in hard mode and beating two thunderjaws with an ancient armour is almost as easy as beating two scrappers earlys in the game. Ruins the game.
    Beating two Thunderjaw is easy in any armor. They're pretty defenseless once you take off all their weapons with tearblast arrows, which you can shoot them with from a safe distance. Then lure them away from the disc launchers and use those to kill them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just finished the game and got the platinum trophy tonight. I was really excited about this game when I saw it at E3 last year and it turned out better than I could have expected. Guerrilla shot for the stars on this one and they absolutely hit their mark. On a 10 point scale with 8 really good, 9 incredible, and 10 one of the 5-10 greatest games I have ever played I'd rank it about a 9.6. It was decently long too, as I put 85 hours into it. Gotta say this game is a bargain at $60. Hopefully we see some nice DLC around the Christmas season or maybe early 2018. Also the engine is extremely impressive, which gets me excited about what Kojima can do with it in Death Stranding. Bravo Guerrilla. I can't believe they put out a game this great as their first venture beyond the Killzone series. I wouldn't have expected a game like this from a developer outside of Bethesda, Rockstar, Valve, Naughty Dog, From Software, or CD Projekt Red. But now Guerrilla deserves to be mentioned in that same elite class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just finished the game and got the platinum trophy tonight. I was really excited about this game when I saw it at E3 last year and it turned out better than I could have expected. Guerrilla shot for the stars on this one and they absolutely hit their mark. On a 10 point scale with 8 really good, 9 incredible, and 10 one of the 5-10 greatest games I have ever played I'd rank it about a 9.6. It was decently long too, as I put 85 hours into it. Gotta say this game is a bargain at $60. Hopefully we see some nice DLC around the Christmas season or maybe early 2018. Also the engine is extremely impressive, which gets me excited about what Kojima can do with it in Death Stranding. Bravo Guerrilla. I can't believe they put out a game this great as their first venture beyond the Killzone series. I wouldn't have expected a game like this from a developer outside of Bethesda, Rockstar, Valve, Naughty Dog, From Software, or CD Projekt Red. But now Guerrilla deserves to be mentioned in that same elite class.
    Yeah, they pretty much catapulted to elite Status. If the game, wasn't released in the same week as Zelda, I am positive this game would have scored in the mid 90s in metacritic and would have not received some shady reviewes..Like that dude from Usgamer who said the story is boring and the gameplay is teduious ..Really suspect credibility (fanboys)

Sony Fully owns GG too, so my guess is that sucker punch is probably going to slighly suffer. I can't imagine sony throwing a lot of money on two Studios trying to create both open world games.

Most users at reddit right now are suggesting a coliseuim DLC. Horizon team reads that board everyday and they post their everyday too...

Would not surprise me if they release a Free Coliseoum DLC and a 10 dollar DLC exploring in 2018.

Also, with Last of us 2 scheduled for the PS4...and all the ps5 rumors, would not surprise me if HZD 2 is a launch tle for ps5 in 2020.

Still can't believe a new ip in an overlypopulated genre with Zelda and Mass effect released a week or two after...is this successfull. We're talking about a 14 day old Ip against a 30 year old and 10+ year old ip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, they pretty much catapulted to elite Status. If the game, wasn't released in the same week as Zelda, I am positive this game would have scored in the mid 90s in metacritic and would have not received some shady reviewes..Like that dude from Usgamer who said the story is boring and the gameplay is teduious ..Really suspect credibility (fanboys)

Sony Fully owns GG too, so my guess is that sucker punch is probably going to slighly suffer. I can't imagine sony throwing a lot of money on two Studios trying to create both open world games.

Most users at reddit right now are suggesting a coliseuim DLC. Horizon team reads that board everyday and they post their everyday too...

Would not surprise me if they release a Free Coliseoum DLC and a 10 dollar DLC exploring in 2018.

Also, with Last of us 2 scheduled for the PS4...and all the ps5 rumors, would not surprise me if HZD 2 is a launch tle for ps5 in 2020.

Still can't believe a new ip in an overlypopulated genre with Zelda and Mass effect released a week or two after...is this successfull. We're talking about a 14 day old Ip against a 30 year old and 10+ year old ip.
    It was a good move for Guerrilla to lift the review embargo nine days before release. When I saw that I knew this was going to be an amazing game, and it's the reason I pre-ordered it (first game I have ever pre-ordered). It showed the world they were extremely proud of their work, and with good reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been putting off beating trying to do all the side missions and errands first. Hadn't done any of the Hunter lodge til now hope there is a solid amount of quests involved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a good move for Guerrilla to lift the review embargo nine days before release. When I saw that I knew this was going to be an amazing game, and it's the reason I pre-ordered it (first game I have ever pre-ordered). It showed the world they were extremely proud of their work, and with good reason.
    Not sure, if you're aware but if you did plat the game..Check your email. GG and Sony are giving away a free HZD theme to anyone who plats the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been putting off beating trying to do all the side missions and errands first. Hadn't done any of the Hunter lodge til now hope there is a solid amount of quests involved
    Are you talking about the Hunter lodge quest or the trials? Imo, the trials are super easy. Got Blazing sun in my first try with a few the trials. I noticed that you either ace the trial or it completely goes wrong.

The trials would give you the best weapons in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure, if you're aware but if you did plat the game..Check your email. GG and Sony are giving away a free HZD theme to anyone who plats the game.
    No email yet, but I'm sticking to the default them anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with the Death Stranding references? I got three stranded artifacts and sold them to a guy who gave me warm socks in exchange. I wonder if that's just making a joke about Aloy complaining about her wet boots after you cross a stream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you talking about the Hunter lodge quest or the trials? Imo, the trials are super easy. Got Blazing sun in my first try with a few the trials. I noticed that you either ace the trial or it completely goes wrong.

The trials would give you the best weapons in the game.
    I think the two best weapons in the game are the Shadow Hunter Bow and the Shadow Sharpshot Bow, both of which you can just buy. Most of the trials are pretty easy but the one with tying down and critical hitting three glinthawks was a real pain in the ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the two best weapons in the game are the Shadow Hunter Bow and the Shadow Sharpshot Bow, both of which you can just buy. Most of the trials are pretty easy but the one with tying down and critical hitting three glinthawks was a real pain in the ass.
    I guess it depends on your playstyle. Shadow Hunter Bow is my most used weapon and I have all high damage on the mods. But I need to combine that with lodge war bow for insane damage. I find Frost + the heavy damage shadow hunter bow the best.

Also the lode ropecaster is crazy op. I think you only need three or four ropes even against Thunderjaws, stormbird with the lodge ropecaster and right modification.

It takes like whole minutes before they can get rid of the wires at that point I would have slaughetred half of the enemy.

Also my highest damage comes from Freeze + Blast Bomb.. Got close to 900 damage with thunderjaw freezed and a blast bomb from the lodge sling.

Usually my loadout though is Shadow Hunter bow, lodge War Bow for freeze, lodge Ropecaster, another War bow for corruption.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just picked this up.... feel a little sick tbh. It's the first full-priced game I've bought in probably five years or so. But if it's as good as you ers say, it'll be worth it.

Thread Information