Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For anyone out there who has ANY doubt about autism in your child, get him tested early. Also Google and then ask your pediatrician to test for MTHFR - it's a fairly common defect in the way folate (folic acid) is processed. A lot of kids with autistic-type/allergy/asthma tendencies have it. There are supplements called methylfolate and methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) that allow bypassing the genetic defect and getting the cycle working again. The breakdown of this cycle (methylation) manifests itself in a host of problems (even stomach/digestion/failure to thrive problems - interferes in production of HCL [stomach acid] and also miscarriages) and simple supplementation of the 2 above helps. Please note that this is not meant as diagnosis or treatment but to point you in a possible direction and if there is something off about your child/any doubt - be proactive and test - the earlier the better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah she is fairly young. Probably around 31, 32. She has these dreams about weird stuff all the time and thinks they mean something. She talks about ghost and weird paranormal stuff all the time. Her daughter not talking is probably a direct effect of her mom turning into a nut job.
    Would you PLEASE mention my above post to this poor woman. I know that the worry, stress and DESPERATION can turn one into a nut case (look at me, for example :-) and maybe, just maybe her child has MTHFR and these supplements might help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you PLEASE mention my above post to this poor woman. I know that the worry, stress and DESPERATION can turn one into a nut case (look at me, for example :-) and maybe, just maybe her child has MTHFR and these supplements might help.

Yes I will copy and paste it and send it to her. FYI I don't think she is a nutcase about her kid's autism. Just the other stuff I mentioned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... In conclusion, present meta-analysis strongly suggested a significant association of the MTHFR C677T polymorphism with autism.

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/26956130

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah she is fairly young. Probably around 31, 32. She has these dreams about weird stuff all the time and thinks they mean something. She talks about ghost and weird paranormal stuff happening in her house regularly. Her daughter not talking is probably a direct effect of her mom turning into a nut job.
    Also mention my post to her please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe in the Flu vaccine. Not because I don't believe in vaccinations, I just don't believe in flu vaccines that are sold season after season although the flu virus basically changes every year. You're buying a dose of "doesn't do for you this year if you got sick last year" every time. Haven't had a flu shot in over 20 years, haven't caught full blown flu in 20 years. Not stating correlation there, just coincidence, but not taking an injection that can be administrated by someone who graduated from a trade school program wont hurt either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe in the Flu vaccine. Not because I don't believe in vaccinations, I just don't believe in flu vaccines that are sold season after season although the flu virus basically changes every year. You're buying a dose of "doesn't do for you this year if you got sick last year" every time. Haven't had a flu shot in over 20 years, haven't caught full blown flu in 20 years. Not stating correlation there, just coincidence, but not taking an injection that can be administrated by someone who graduated from a trade school program wont hurt either.
    The Flu shot is based off the CDC's "best guess" of what will be going around this year. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. I don't see any problem with getting it since it doesn't hurt anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Flu shot is based off the CDC's "best guess" of what will be going around this year. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't. I don't see any problem with getting it since it doesn't hurt anything.
    A lot of people catch slight sickness from it, some get really sick. It's a Catch 22 for some, for me, it's just not worth it to even get a bit sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... In conclusion, present meta-analysis strongly suggested a significant association of the MTHFR C677T polymorphism with autism.

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/26956130
    coo. MTHFR is a gene mutation, not a vaccine or an ingredient of vaccines.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So baseline do you think we should go back to using thimerosal in all of our vaccines?
    ...When was this ever the case? Thimerosal was/is only in vaccines twhere a multi-dose presentation existed. Single dose vials have never had it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The flu shot is stupid. Just another way for BigPharm to line their pockets. Getting the flu is part of life. You feel like for a while but then you move on. Maybe you're system is even stronger for it. I guess if you're old, maybe go ahead. The amount of deaths is insignificant. BigAg and BigPharp kill thousands more people each year with their poison products.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The flu shot is stupid. Just another way for BigPharm to line their pockets. Getting the flu is part of life. You feel like for a while but then you move on. Maybe you're system is even stronger for it. I guess if you're old, maybe go ahead. The amount of deaths is insignificant. BigAg and BigPharp kill thousands more people each year with their poison products.
    I've never gotten those routine seasonal flu shots, so I agree anecdotally... but I can't speak for people who are more predisposed to illness or live in areas where the flu could be more dangerous or life threatening

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coo. MTHFR is a gene mutation, not a vaccine or an ingredient of vaccines.
    sigh - I know - it's in my dh's family and therefore, my kids. I'm just putting it out there as a point of reference for anyone with autism to check. Supplementation may show improvement.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And anecdotally, I haven't gotten a cold or flu since being on my low carb, high fat diet (for diabetes - about 4-5 years) - must be the lack of sugar starving those viruses :-)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And anecdotally, I haven't gotten a cold or flu since being on my low carb, high fat diet (for diabetes - about 4-5 years) - must be the lack of sugar starving those viruses :-)
    Sugar, processed carbs, synthetic sweeteners are Bad For Ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No whole grains or root vegetables (processed or unprocessed) for me - only leafy vegetables - feel like a rabbit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never gotten those routine seasonal flu shots, so I agree anecdotally... but I can't speak for people who are more predisposed to illness or live in areas where the flu could be more dangerous or life threatening
    I agree with that. If you're in a physical condition where getting the flu could become life threatening, then go ahead and get it.

I'm just skeptical of the push for all these vaccines.

I was particularity pissed when my daughter's doctor tried to guilt us in to her getting the Guardisil vaccine when she was like 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with that. If you're in a physical condition where getting the flu could become life threatening, then go ahead and get it.

I'm just skeptical of the push for all these vaccines.

I was particularity pissed when my daughter's doctor tried to guilt us in to her getting the Guardisil vaccine when she was like 11.
    I'm skeptical of the need, not of the potential autism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm skeptical of the need, not of the potential autism
    I don't even think about the autism. But I do worry that the drug companies are trying to scare people into shooting things into their body that haven't been tested over longer periods of time. Especially for diseases that are not imminently deadly and that if caught early, are highly treatable anyway. It's hard for me to even comprehend that Perry was trying to make this mandatory. Speaking of Gardisil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seems about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information