Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bunch of mental migits. Shut up and play ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus...

His gravitational fat mass just pulled that lady right out of orbit.
    She is stuck to that jello surface.
    The first woman to land. Reverse thrusters and get the out of there Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Lebron has potential to be a top 10 rivalry. Too bad we got cucked the last 2 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not surprised. NBA players have repeatedly shown over the years, that the players they value most, are ones who fit into their modern day, narrow minded stereotype of what a great basketball player should play, look and act like. Flawed players like Bryant, Iverson and Westbrook, are worshipped, because they check every box: athletic, dynamic perimeter players, who average(d) a ton of points, looked the part and possess the requisite on court demeanor/mannerisms.

Despite all the cliché comments opposing players feed the media when asked, Spurs players have been underrated for years and it only became further exacerbated post '14, when the masses couldn't grasp how a team with no player playing at a superstar level could not only win a championship, but do so in the fashion they did, so they chalked it up to "Pop's genius/system". Every other consensus all-time great NBA coach is seemingly supposed to apologize for having coached an all-time great player(s) (as if they're not the primary ingredient to winning a championship in any sport), but somehow Pop is the one who's players were more fortunate to have him than the other way around.
    I actually have reason to believe pop purpusly manufactures this narrative too. The way he talks about Timmy now is bit concerning. Speaking as if he actually micromanage Tim in his peak when in actual reality he was averaging 40mpg and getting double teams on a very basic offensive system.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not surprised. NBA players have repeatedly shown over the years, that the players they value most, are ones who fit into their modern day, narrow minded stereotype of what a great basketball player should play, look and act like. Flawed players like Bryant, Iverson and Westbrook, are worshipped, because they check every box: athletic, dynamic perimeter players, who average(d) a ton of points, looked the part and possess the requisite on court demeanor/mannerisms.

Despite all the cliché comments opposing players feed the media when asked, Spurs players have been underrated for years and it only became further exacerbated post '14, when the masses couldn't grasp how a team with no player playing at a superstar level could not only win a championship, but do so in the fashion they did, so they chalked it up to "Pop's genius/system". Every other consensus all-time great NBA coach is seemingly supposed to apologize for having coached an all-time great player(s) (as if they're not the primary ingredient to winning a championship in any sport), but somehow Pop is the one who's players were more fortunate to have him than the other way around.

All-Time Great Post tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Jason Terry called Kawhi a "B player"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jason Terry called Kawhi a "B player"
    What does that make Jason Terry?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that make Jason Terry?
    To be fair the re changed his opinion after 2 days

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly

there is no better recognition than best player in the world feeling the need to comment on you especially to say meh he is overrated and stuff tbh... Lebron just crowed Kawhi as his biggest compe ion which is awesome. One can tell Lebron hates that gif of him annoyed by Kawhi checking in the game....

I hope this starts a stretch of years of rivalry between Spurs / Cavs and Lebron / Kawhi (this one is already on going)... too bad Spurs won't react and say anything because some back and forth between both and the two franchises would be pretty darn good for Kawhi and the NBA
    Already got my tickets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I thought Kawhi getting more endorsements would make him give the team a discount on salary, then I'd be pulling for him to get more attention. But that's not happening. So until they start voting for who gets the LOB, I don't really give a damn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haters gonna hate

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    *cough*TonyParker*cough*

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *cough*TonyParker*cough*
    Hernia testing 123, Hernia 123...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually have reason to believe pop purpusly manufactures this narrative too. The way he talks about Timmy now is bit concerning. Speaking as if he actually micromanage Tim in his peak when in actual reality he was averaging 40mpg and getting double teams on a very basic offensive system.
    From 1998-2007 this team's whole offense was give it to Duncan in the post and surround with shooters. Team was entirely defense oriented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 1998-2007 this team's whole offense was give it to Duncan in the post and surround with shooters. Team was entirely defense oriented.
    Tell that to pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This discussion is rather pointless without having more names attached to it, tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    This discussion is rather pointless without having more names attached to it, tbh.
    *cough*TonyParker*cough*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker, Fatlo, PG-13 are all speculation. LBJ was the only name mentioned by Windy, and even that was more of a slip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably just mostly LeBron tbh. Fathurst just said there were others to take the heat off of lbj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great, now they have Otto thinking he's as good as Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What love has Kawhi ever gotten in terms of love that is voted on? 2 x DPOY and I don't think anyone could ever question the validity of those because if he isn't the best defender in the league then his still one of the best 3.

Weird statement really.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kawhi Lebron has potential to be a top 10 rivalry. Too bad we got cucked the last 2 years
    Too bad Le abandoned the Heatles instead of seeking revenge.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What love has Kawhi ever gotten in terms of love that is voted on?
    The 2015 "Players' Award" revealed that Curry/Kawhi weren't well liked by other players b/c of their altar boy image.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    John Wall
    Hassan Whiteside
    Paul George
    Lebron
    Durant
    Lillard

the usual bytches
    copy and paste from thecoli

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably several of the Warriors. Draymond desperately wants to win DPOY and felt like he's been robbed twice and Durant had to backtrack his "system player" remarks. Wouldn't surprise me if Klay was another (best 2-way player). I'd be surprised if Curry was one because he also gets the overrated label and Kawhi hasn't really been a threat to him or his branding.

Thread Information