Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and it all started with a gif...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ABC crew last night said he was Top 5 in the league. They didn't reference windhorst. It was just in casual conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop wants the narrative of this team to be about him. I've said it before. He's even trying to act now like he micromanaged timmy in his peak years.Timmy was actually playing 40mpg a game.
    This is true. The micromanaging thing came to be when the big three started to decline. He'd also play Manu and TP 35 min before the decline...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop understands the consequences when it comes to playing players big minutes or into the ground. He is looking out for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that goes both ways. I'm frustrated with most of the hyped up players in the NBA getting too much love, when in reality, a lot of them aren't that great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and it all started with a gif...

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just remember when Butler had an off night against the Spurs last year, a reporter asked him if Kawhi's defense bothered him, he said something to the effect that it had nothing to do with it and that only he can stop himself and laughed at the reporter like it was the dumbest thing anyone's ever said to him. I thought of another suspect though, Giannis AnteCOOKOOFORCOCOAPUFFS, tbh.
    I think that was P.George actually.

Paul George blames sickness, not Kawhi Leonard for bad shooting night..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From 1998-2007 this team's whole offense was give it to Duncan in the post and surround with shooters. Team was entirely defense oriented.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    copy and paste from thecoli
    Wasn't John Wall trying to get recruited by being EXTRA friendly w/ Kawhi/Pop this season when they were walking off the court?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Wasn't John Wall trying to get recruited by being EXTRA friendly w/ Kawhi/Pop this season when they were walking off the court?
    John Wall is the whiniest player in the league tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, this guy didn't quote LeBron. You guys don't know what he really said, if he said anything at all. He may have made some statement that was reasonable, and this POS turned it around. It wasn't LeBron who said Kawhi would be Otto Porter on any other team - it was the bags doing the podcast. Why would you give them any credibility.

Oh, and where/who would Steph Curry be, if he hadn't grown up learning how to play from his father, who was a good NBA player? Does it not count of the player was "developed" every day since he was a toddler? The Spurs FO obviously saw something in Kawhi that others missed. So ing what? He is who he is right now. These insignificant s don't have a job unless they can manufacture some controversy. The fact is, they know that dissing Kawhi will be controversial.

That is all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guarantee it's Lebron, Melo, Draymond, and/or Paul George. A bunch of jealous cucks outside of Lebron, who hates that other players win MVP awards (although he has an arguement there).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes it more damning to me is that Windbag didn't seem to know what he was saying. I think he just let it slip out that Lebron was one of those people. I think had he thought about it, he wouldn't have dropped James' name. gt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Wall is the whiniest player in the league tbh
    He's kind of a too. Met him out here in LA a couple years ago at Pinz Bowling Alley during a Wrap Party for a movie (I work for a production company). I, along with a couple other co-workers were introduced to him, and he acted like we were dog who weren't worthy of being in his presence (although the same can be said for a lot of people out here). But still, that guy tbh

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, this guy didn't quote LeBron. You guys don't know what he really said, if he said anything at all. He may have made some statement that was reasonable, and this POS turned it around. It wasn't LeBron who said Kawhi would be Otto Porter on any other team - it was the bags doing the podcast. Why would you give them any credibility.

Oh, and where/who would Steph Curry be, if he hadn't grown up learning how to play from his father, who was a good NBA player? Does it not count of the player was "developed" every day since he was a toddler? The Spurs FO obviously saw something in Kawhi that others missed. So ing what? He is who he is right now. These insignificant s don't have a job unless they can manufacture some controversy. The fact is, they know that dissing Kawhi will be controversial.

That is all.
    I too don't believe LeBron said anything at all regarding Kawhi's attention. P.George could be it, definitely WHITESIDE is one of them.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes it more damning to me is that Windbag didn't seem to know what he was saying. I think he just let it slip out that Lebron was one of those people. I think had he thought about it, he wouldn't have dropped James' name. gt
    dude is a Lebron slurper. Why in would he say this. Dude definitely slipped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron backpedaling already tonight:

"Pop has been able to adjust every single time and still, for some odd reason, keep those guys under the radar. I don't understand it."

You can't question why a team is under the radar and complain that the best player from that team is getting too much love. Someone needs to call out Windhorst or openly ask Lebron if what he said was true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was voted number 2 amongst bigs in the West after Durant by the players. Much ado about nothing.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kawhi was voted number 2 amongst bigs in the West after Durant by the players. Much ado about nothing.
    Draymond Green being the alternative helped Kawhi's cause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's shooting 3 percent less from 3 and 2 percent less from the field.
    Are you serious? Do you worry about only 2%??? Kawhi has the best total shooting percentage among the top 10 scorers in the league. Also, he's 96th percentile on offense.

He's playing worse defense in the eye test as well as the numbers....His on ball defense is worse either way.
    Stop trolling. Kawhi shut down every wing this season. Gay, Klay, Butler, Wiggins...
    Last edited by YGWHI; 01-20-2017 at 02:25 AM.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus...

His gravitational fat mass just pulled that lady right out of orbit.
    She is stuck to that jello surface.
    The first woman to land. Reverse thrusters and get the out of there Houston.
    Lmao.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    LBJ just had an interview saying Pop is the greatest coach of all time with how he's adapted to all the different styles of bball over the past 2 decades...seemed to kinda go out of his way to mention Tim, Manu, and TP...but no mention of Kawhi being a key to their modern success

"He's been able to build around Timmy, and Tony, and Manu and bring 'pieces' in...in and out throughout his whole tenure."

Gosh we sure are lucky we brought in that small missing piece, Kawhi, to build around the main guys. Who knows where we'd be without his willingness to play his role? Not like he's a superstar or anything.

Like people constantly say...almost everything LBJ says is premeditated/calculated. Simultaneously taking a shot at Phil and downplaying Kawhi's greatness. He's really quite good at this stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gosh we sure are lucky we brought in that small missing piece, Kawhi, to build around the main guys. Who knows where we'd be without his willingness to play his role? Not like he's a superstar or anything.
    Tinkering around the edges.

My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    Tinkering around the edges.
    You're saying he's almost a superstar but not quite there? Not sure what you meant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're saying he's almost a superstar but not quite there? Not sure what you meant.
    I'm saying that LBJ's quote all but suggests that the Spurs' acquisition of Kawhi a few years ago was just "tinkering around the edges" of their core.

I was being quite sarcastic.

Thread Information