Judd Buechler
    Randy Brown
    Jason Caffey
    ie Simpkins
    John Salley(washed)
    James Edwards(Ancient)
    Jack Haley
    Bill Wennington

60% of their 72 win team wouldn't make an NBA roster today.

Yesterdays NBA

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What's your point? There are more basketball players now days than in the mid-90's and are you really gonna hold it against them that they had roster filler? What team in NBA history except the 1999-2000 Blazers didn't?

And Kerr wouldn't make an NBA roster? LOL

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr
    Judd Buechler
    Randy Brown
    Jason Caffey
    ie Simpkins
    John Salley(washed)
    James Edwards(Ancient)
    Jack Haley
    Bill Wennington

60% of their 72 win team wouldn't make an NBA roster today.

Yesterdays NBA
    '09 Cavs won 66 games w/ Mo Williams as LeBron's wing man.

'13 Heat won 66 games w/ Mario Chalmers as a starter & Ray Allen as their only productive backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that michael jordan thingy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your point? There are more basketball players now days than in the mid-90's and are you really gonna hold it against them that they had roster filler? What team in NBA history except the 1999-2000 Blazers didn't?

And Kerr wouldn't make an NBA roster? LOL
    Lots of bitter ex players keep saying the talent level was way better in their day. McGrady/Barkley.

50% of the players from the 90s couldn't make current NBA roster, even with the addition of the 13th man. Top tier talent is better and the 2nd/3rd tier talents are way better.

2000 Blazers had a lot of roster filler.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Blazers FRONTLINE was so LOADED that Jermaine O'Neal had to go to Indiana to get playing time meanwhile the Duds are trotting out Javale McGee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1996 Bulls would still win championship modern NBA. Why? Because they would have All Star PG/Center to go with their famed trio, as well as a bunch of athletic wings off the bench that can score, rebound, pass and defend. Their talent level would acclimate with modern NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers FRONTLINE was so LOADED that Jermaine O'Neal had to go to Indiana to get playing time meanwhile the Duds are trotting out Javale McGee.
    I watched all the Warriors games this year. McGee is playing well, should get more minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lots of bitter ex players keep saying the talent level was way better in their day. McGrady/Barkley.

50% of the players from the 90s couldn't make current NBA roster, even with the addition of the 13th man. Top tier talent is better and the 2nd/3rd tier talents are way better.

I'm sure a number of marginal players couldn't make a roster today. The top 8 on a typical roster is just as good today as it was back then.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Some may have been washed up but they were loaded, top to bottom. Greg Anthony and Stacey Augmon were about the worst players and even they were solid career role players. Their BENCH (minus the Augmon) would have made a respectable starting lineup. I don't remember if it was injuries or what but they could have won as many games as the Lakers with the way they started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr would have a field day in today's NBA.
    With all the open looks he would average at least 20 ppg

now imagine Mark Price in today's NBA with his shooting and passing

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I watched all the Warriors games this year. McGee is playing well, should get more minutes.
    His only talent is being 7ft & jumping really high, dude got schooled by Kanter yesterday:

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Don't forget about how in an era that was soft enough for a roster with that much dead weight to come even remotely close to 72 wins, Dad Killer still needed a shortened three-point line, expansion watering down the league, the Stern Button getting pushed whenever he was in trouble, and Phil and MVPippen holding his hand to make it happen.

Yesterday's NBA

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Kerr would have a field day in today's NBA.
    With all the open looks he would average at least 20 ppg

now imagine Mark Price in today's NBA with his shooting and passing
    Mark Price, Who?

Signed,

Today's NBA Fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Price, Who?

Signed,

Today's NBA Fans
    And what is a Kevin Johnson?

Signed,

Today's NBA fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the Warriors would skull the out of that Blazers team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's really no debate that today's talent pool is much larger than in older days. It's just a natural thing. Sometimes I wonder how some folks can be so dumb to debate such things. I hope I never grow to be a bitter clueless oldman, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's really no debate that today's talent pool is much larger than in older days. It's just a natural thing. Sometimes I wonder how some folks can be so dumb to debate such things. I hope I never grow to be a bitter clueless oldman, tbh.
    Randy Brown was better than Steph Curry TBH

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yet the Warriors would skull the out of that Blazers team.
    The Blazers team was built to COMBAT Shaq who would skull the Duds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Blazers team was built to COMBAT Shaq who would skull the Duds.
    Mmh, let me doubt that, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He'd probably win 1-2 les MAX (both on Spur years) between 00 and 09

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The top talent is relatively similar in every era, tbh(to a degree, though, depends how far back you go)..I don't think there's any argument against the middle and lower talent increasing significantly, though it's only natural with the global reach of basketball and the eradication of the no-talent, 7-foot stiff..

The amount of white American players in the 90s and 80s alone is frightening..the 1997 Utah Jazz reached the Finals with 3 white American starters(and a 4th alternate) which is just alarming, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

America's population
    1990: 266,000,000

2017: 316,000,000 +60,000,000 Americans

World population
    1990: 5,700,000,000

2017: 7,400,000,000 +2,800,000,000 People worldwide

Stop exaggerating, 2.8 billion extra people won't affect the talent pool!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Tony Parker can make the roster, anyone can.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And everyone knew O'Neal was going to be an allstar from the second he entered the league. The Spurs desperately tried to sign him after the lockout in 99.

Some may have been washed up but they were loaded, top to bottom. Greg Anthony and Stacey Augmon were about the worst players and even they were solid career role players. Their BENCH (minus the Augmon) would have made a respectable starting lineup. I don't remember if it was injuries or what but they could have won as many games as the Lakers with the way they started.
    Yeah that team was loaded the same way the 2014 Spurs were. People forget how good Damon Stoudamire was back then. Greg Anthony was an absolute top notch backup point guard, especially defensively. You had two shooting guards who were workhorses in the post in Steve Smith and Bonzi Wells, and Smith had great range too. Detlef Schrempf was a bigtime player at that time and I remember freaking out when they landed him as a starter, and then he wasn't even good enough to get big playing time because they got Pippen and could play Sheed at the three. Prime Rasheed starting at the four, backed up by Brian Grant. I remember Grant destroying Karl Malone in the second round the year before, and in the 99 WCF he was pretty strong checking Duncan (so that Robinson had to carry the offensive load that series). Then Sabonis, the greatest passing bigman in the history of the league. Stacy Augmon was still a pretty solid defensive option and he was the 11th man on the team. And of course Jermaine O'Neal. All they were missing was a coach.

Thread Information