Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ruptured Achilles, out for season..his effectiveness will probably be finished, tbh..

What a career, maybe the biggest on-court cancer of all-time, despite being a pretty well-rounded overall player

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Has anyone this talented ever had such abject failure at winning games? Derrick Coleman came to mind but even he got to the playoffs a handful of times.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    In yesterday's NBA, Gay would be a GOAT candidate. In today's NBA, he's a selfish chucker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has anyone this talented ever had such abject failure at winning games? Derrick Coleman came to mind but even he got to the playoffs a handful of times.
    It's strange, because Gay isn't even really bad at anything..

He's been a pretty decent defender for most of his career, good scorer, not a horrible passer, etc..teams just always get worse when he joins them and better when he leaves for whatever reason..

I've also never heard of him being a bad teammate, either..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something about being born Gay I suppose.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something about being born Gay I suppose.
    Couldn't wait 10 minutes and let Lefty have this one, uh?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I always thought the same thing about him and would rack my brain trying to think of someone like that, maybe some of the good Mavs players of the late 80s/90s dark days. Maybe someone who was a career journeyman who was a solid player like Jim Jackson, but he was only a 18+ ppg scorer for the first 5 years of his career. It's really hard to miss the POs for a bulk of your career in a league where more than half the squads make the POs annually. If there had to be comparisons, I dunno, maybe:

Carter
    McGrady
    Wilkins
    Al Jefferson
    Corey Magette
    Kevin Love would be the only person really comparable to Rudy before he was bailed out of his situation by the Cavs and gifted a spot on a le team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I had to jump on it, I saw Lefty poised to strike.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    today's DMC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the idea that the grizzlies made the right call by getting rid of his is one of the funniest misconceptions in today's nba. He'll be fine. Ruptured achilles is a massively overrated injury.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the idea that the grizzlies made the right call by getting rid of his is one of the funniest misconceptions in today's nba. He'll be fine. Ruptured achilles is a massively overrated injury.
    How?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    being no small accomplishment, raven is the least intelligent poster ive seen on spurstalk, but hides behind the fact that he's a fan of the spurs/patriots and thinks the team success gives him credibility as a poster

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    ???? Almost nobody ever fully bounces back from a ruptured Achilles. Dominique Wilkins is maybe the only guy ever. Wes Matthews is second place by default, and even he really isn't anywhere close to his pre-injury level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, for starters in many cases it doesn't even need surgery and yet it is being spoken of as a career killer even though in most cases it heals just fine.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    well, for starters in many cases it doesn't even need surgery and yet it is being spoken of as a career killer even though in most cases it heals just fine.
    That almost never happens, and if you did 2 minutes of Googling before posting, you wouldn't look this stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That almost never happens, and if you did 2 minutes of Googling before posting, you wouldn't look this stupid.
    wanna bet?

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Bet what? That you're not stupid? Already missed that one, bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet what? That you're not stupid? Already missed that one, bud.
    that he's going to come back just fine.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    being no small accomplishment, raven is the least intelligent poster ive seen on spurstalk, but hides behind the fact that he's a fan of the spurs/patriots and thinks the team success gives him credibility as a poster

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    that he's going to come back just fine.
    First off, define "just fine". Second, Rudy Gay becoming the second player in NBA history to fully bounce back from an Achilles injury doesn't make your statement any less stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "David Lee is the worst defender in NBA HISTORY" - Raven

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Ruptured Achilles, out for season..his effectiveness will probably be finished, tbh..

What a career, maybe the biggest on-court cancer of all-time, despite being a pretty well-rounded overall player
    Pretty sure Lakers will sign him as Nick Young's replacement.

Thread Information