My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is Pau the clod in this analogy?
    He's a piece of the Spurs" continent.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    That sucks, get better Pau and comeback stronger and be ready to compete for an NBA le!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How bad is it in case of missing time ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I read if there is not surgery needed probably looking at 4-6 weeks.
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just tank now!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried. Dedmond and Lee have shown they can hold the fort. Plus Bertans should get some much needed experience. Pau usually is always in shape and probably game rest would be beneficial for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, at least Greg does not need an excuse to get him out of s5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting to see how missing Pau and by extension not having the Parker-Pau duo to be targeted by PnR, would affect the Spurs defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many games will Dedmon foul out of in this stretch?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will make sure Gasol stays in shape. Its a hand injury, he'll be doing cardio just about every day, and its his left hand so he'll be able to shoot while hes out.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will make sure Gasol stays in shape. Its a hand injury, he'll be doing cardio just about every day, and its his left hand so he'll be able to shoot while hes out.
    Pau? Working out? You're right that it's possible but by what I've heard about him, I'm worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet the Dubs skate by untouched as always.
    They had their issues in last years playoffs (Curry earlier with Clips injuries making up for it, Bogut during the finals probably costing them the ship) and may get their fair share of injuries again.

As for Pau: Rather have him sit now, than in the playoffs. Giving Bertans and Dedmon (and Lee) his minutes may be good for the team anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blessing in disguise here... the old man can rest.

Downside.... Parker and Manu also need their rest.

Spurs need to call up two scrubs from the D-league. What about those two scrubs from Argentina and France? Completely forgot their names, yeah, the d-league guys. Let them play instead of Parker and Manu.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau? Working out? You're right that it's possible but by what I've heard about him, I'm worried.
    Its during the season, hes under contract. Spurs pay strength and conditioning coaches for a reason.Spurs pay their players for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it cliche to call this a blessing in disguise? Dedmon, Bertans, and Lee going to get some valuable burn while Pau gets some body rest.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know there is blame on Kyle but dude is not that strong to be breaking bones TBH.

Actually outside of the kidding...
    what objective stated is true. If he has to be out of the game a month and a half he will be in terrible shape for the playoffs.

It's looking like Lee will step up.
    I am sure the others will too, in due time.
    If gaysoft is out of shape because he broke ONE BONE IN HIS HAND, then he should be cut. But I do remember DEEWAAYNE WADE getting wheel-chaired out of the arena due to a SHOULDER injury. He was crying too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac

NewAge NBA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know there is blame on Kyle but dude is not that strong to be breaking bones TBH.

Actually outside of the kidding...
    what objective stated is true. If he has to be out of the game a month and a half he will be in terrible shape for the playoffs.

It's looking like Lee will step up.
    I am sure the others will too, in due time.
    Idk about terrible shape. It's his hand, so he can still do conditioning drills and participate in w/e the Spurs are doing that doesn't involve him using that hand much.

Had it been a hammy or ankle, then I would be more concerned about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk about terrible shape. It's his hand, so he can still do conditioning drills and participate in w/e the Spurs are doing that doesn't involve him using that hand much.

Had it been a hammy or ankle, then I would be more concerned about it.
    Game shape, conditioning at stamina is something else. Hopefully it's not an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game shape, conditioning at stamina is something else. Hopefully it's not an issue.
    No doubt. I just don't think it will be to the point of terrible. Plus, I just can't see him being any more slow footed than he already is. If nothing else, maybe he'll play in shorter increments, which may not be the worst thing anyway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More Dedmon, more Lee, more Bertans, more KA. 4 is actually where SloMo has been the most effective this year. The Defense will be better. If the offense doesn't drop off it could really shape some rotations going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surgery is bad news. That means he's out a minimum of 6 weeks iirc.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren't we talking more about this? Finger surgery isn't that bad but the time he will miss yes it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why aren't we talking more about this? Finger surgery isn't that bad but the time he will miss yes it is.
    Yea.. Westbrook had it a couple years ago, and I found this. I guess we'll see how he heals. Probably won't have him back for at least a month tho.

Here are some other NBA players who have suffered similar injuries as Westbrook, and what the outcome was.
    Danny Green - Green sustained a hand fracture injury last season just as Westbrook. The Spurs announced that he is going to miss 4 weeks, but in-fact he returned a bit earlier.
    Kawhi Leonard - Leonard experienced a fourth metacarpal fracture last season against the Thunder and missed around 35 days.
    Rajon Rondo - Rondo suffered a fifth metacarpal fracture in late September. He was healed through undergoing a surgery, and missed the entire Celtics training camp.
    Based on all evidence, Westbrook will miss around 4-6 weeks of the regular season. He's expected to return in late November or by the beginning of December. Most fractures heal well. D.Green and K.Leonard are great examples for optimism, since they experienced metacarpal fractures, they where spectacular in the 2014 playoffs. The big question now is not whether Westbrook can make a full recovery, but whether the Thunder can win enough games in the meantime whether it will even matter.

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/201...or-david-geier

Thread Information