My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-8 weeks according to The Vertical.. Fak

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/i...eaks-left-hand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was hoping he'd be back after the ASB. Might not see him until mid-March. If that's the case this is pretty terrible news especially if Pop insists on starting him still.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea.. Westbrook had it a couple years ago, and I found this. I guess we'll see how he heals. Probably won't have him back for at least a month tho.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/201...or-david-geier
    IIRC neither Danny and Kawhi needed surgery in their respective hand/finger fractures. Also they were a lot younger than current Gasol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad to see him out as I think he has been a solid addition this year. That said, our other bigs are new this year and it gives them a shot to get minutes and improve. I have a feeling we'll need Dedmon late in the season, so here's hoping he steps up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Well the good news is he will probably be back in early or late March. If Dedmon and Lee don't step up, this could translate into a few more "L's".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the good news is he will probably be back in late March. If Dedmon and Lee don't step up, this could translate into a few more "L's".
    Late March is bad news tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Late March is bad news tbh.
    Well the Spurs record while he is out will speak for itself to how important he is to this team. There are fans on here that take him for granted, fact is losing a starter is a big loss. Please no more injurys to this team, especially freaky ones like what happened to Pau.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be back first week of March at worst, IMO..judging by all precedents 15-20 games/4-6 weeks is the time frame..Some players managed to comeback after a month especially if it is the non shooting hand, which is the case for Pau....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can win plenty without him. Spurs always step up after an injury. But we'll need his experience, passing, and shooting for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How will Pop alter the SL? Lee replaces Pau and Aldridge moves to center or Dedmon replaces Pau?
    Will there be another Diaw at the waiver wire? Splitter?!?!
    Sucks for Pau and will definitely change things, I'm cautiously optimistic at best.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its during the season, hes under contract. Spurs pay strength and conditioning coaches for a reason.Spurs pay their players for a reason.
    You must have forgotten about Tiago 1 inch vert Splitter

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Strength and conditioning coach(es) I have no idea if they have them, and if those are positions that are filled, should be vacant - See Danny Green, Tony Parker, LMA, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC neither Danny and Kawhi needed surgery in their respective hand/finger fractures. Also they were a lot younger than current Gasol.
    I don't recall, honestly. Maybe the surgery will speed the process up? Idk.. here's hoping it's a speedy recovery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to sign another Big.....Just sucks that Pau is going to be out for awhile....

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop gives his minutes to Fathead. God help us all

Best we can hope for is 6th seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop gives his minutes to Fathead. God help us all

Best we can hope for is 6th seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still have a feeling Pop won't give Bertans as much burn as some are anticipating. Hope I'm wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still have a feeling Pop won't give Bertans as much burn as some are anticipating. Hope I'm wrong.
    It is odd. He praises Davis often, yet doesn't give him much time. Sort of similar to KA honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is odd. He praises Davis often, yet doesn't give him much time. Sort of similar to KA honestly.
    They said during the last game Bertans is still having trouble getting or learning the defensive rotations and what not. (According to the coaching staff)

It'll take more time for him to learn, but it's obvious there are things he's gotta clean up a bit and learn. Which is not surprising considering he's a rookie.

People think Pop has something against him.( Not you of course)There are things we don't see that the coaches do and get paid to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know you're old AF when you break your hand warming up.
    Tiago would be proud!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He praised Nico then waived him... Pop is tough to take seriously on things like that bc he is probably going to be more encouraging paying lip service to guys that are not playing much, but who he sees working hard in practices etc. I think he has to encourage them somehow bc it's tough to stay motivated looking to improve if you are a young player not getting much run. It's a contradiction.

Pop also spoke glowingly of Rasual Butler... Pop and RC praised Ray Mac as well... Both then waived. It might be better to not get that much praise.

I suspected when the injury happened that Pop was going to try to get someone else. He didn't even feel comfortable playing Davis last game and stuck with Lamarcus most of the first half. He doesn't even trust Dedmon that much... Dedmon minutes fluctuate and sometimes are as short as 12-14.. He basically picks up more minutes if Pau is sucking on D.

Last game It was actually Messina who gave Davis more run in the second half. I agree with Bklynfan though, Davis is still learning, specially defensively. And regardless what we talk on here Pop has played Kyle as a wing a whole lot and most of his minutes have been at the wing and only very ovassionally as a 4 and only stuck to that when he's had a good game (frankly only the Portland game comes to mind, recently). I think both guys are in a short leash. They get opportunities and play more or less depending on how they are doing. I think they needed another big anyways that is a true center bc Dedmon is foul prone still, Lee is not a rim protector and Lamarcus can get worn down over the course of over a month. Kind of tough to ignore that in the span of a month and a half some other big can get a nag and neither Lee nor Dedmon are really ready for starter minutes. Lee has not been durable the past couple of seasons and Davis has had his knee issues. Still I hope they get run. Kyle was fine playing minutes as a 4 last season. It it wa obviously a short stint... he's not a vet at it by any means either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you break your hand in a layup line? What exactly happened? He didn't even fall down, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you break your hand in a layup line? What exactly happened? He didn't even fall down, right?
    There's a tweet somewhere in here. Basically caught his hand with kyle who simulated coming in to contest his layup but then tries to dive out of the way. Pau caught his hand and somehow fractured it. It's the weakest looking contact injury to cause a fracture I have seen. Neither guy was at velocity or anything. Pau must have twisted a finger I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The curse of Fathead.

Thread Information