My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    FIFA technical director Marco van Basten has floated a radical blueprint for the future of football which would see offside abolished and sin-bins introduced.

Quote:
    Van Basten says abolishing the offside rule would mean an end to games which "resemble handball where nine players, plus the goalkeeper, pack the penalty area and [the defence] is like a wall".

Quote:
    Among Van Basten's other ideas is one to replace extra-time and penalties with ice hockey-style shootouts involving players dribbling towards the goalkeeper from "25 metres out".

Quote:
    The 52-year-old also suggested clamping down on time-wasting, stopping any player but the captain from speaking to officials and cutting the number of games in a year.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...d-yellow-cards

4th one is not that bad actually, not sure if Real Madrid and Barca players will like it

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    no offside means strikers or whoever can just camp next to the goal posts

as for penalties, would like to see a change where u cant stop when ur in motion kicking the ball...yet u stop trying to fake the goalie..fck that , once u commit u dont cuck on the spot

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Sounds like mid tbh

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Some of his proposals are good tbh. Temporary suspensions instead of yellow cards, last 10 minutes being played in net time, only the captain can speak to the ref, limited fouls for each player, more subs for overtime.

The rest is just some euro .

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    None of that is any good. Only the captain is allowed to talk to the ref, what happens if the captain is the keeper? He has to cross all the field just to have a talk with the ref? re ed.

Well, the offside rule change is not even worth arguing, you just have to laugh at his face.

The only change that football needs is the use of technology and maybe the stoppage of the clock to avoid time wasting, nothing more.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    None of that is any good. Only the captain is allowed to talk to the ref, what happens if the captain is the keeper? He has to cross all the field just to have a talk with the ref? re ed.

Well, the offside rule change is not even worth arguing, you just have to laugh at his face.

The only change that football needs is the use of technology and maybe the stoppage of the clock to avoid time wasting, nothing more.
    I'd add to that extra subs if serious injuries
    Italy in the 2012 Euro Final used all their subs then 2 of their players got injured and they couldnt replace them

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    the future : ban penaldos, both teams should win

My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    - Extra sub for ET
    - automatic goal review (video replay), should take no more than 30 secs (players are celebrating)
    - referees horsewhipped for missing blatant calls

Thread Information