Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting Guard is the highest paid position on this team, and also the weakest. It's time to point it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these alternative facts?

Didnt know 1 1/2 seasons was a "slump"
    He's shooting over 40 percent this season. That's not a slump. Even if you added in everything from the start of last season, he's shooting 37 percent, which is still above league average.

Anyway, he has had games over the years where he has guarded both of those guys one-on-one had has been the guy they've guarded one-on-one and outscored them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting Guard is the highest paid position on this team, and also the weakest. It's time to point it out.
    Manu's contract is up at the end of the year, relax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's contract is up at the end of the year, relax.
    That's what I was hoping for 4 years ago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are these alternative facts?

Didnt know 1 1/2 seasons was a "slump"
    Wrong, it was half a season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I was hoping for 4 years ago
    Good thing you were wrong, he very much had a hand in helping Duncan get number 5.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Green for the most part. I agree his defense is good and it helps offset the nights when he isn't shooting well. It's just maddening when the Spurs move the ball around to get a wide open shot and he misses. I have more confidence in him when he shoots the pull up three in transition. And I realize it is what it is, but I'm still dumbfounded that he's fairly athletic but so awkward taking the ball to the rim. His drives look so unnatural for someone that has been playing basketball for as long as he has.

The bolded is interesting to me too. I think he's lack of ball handling ability affects his ability to get into a place in the paint where he can actually use his athleticism to finish. Or maybe, he's not decisive enough, often trying to create something instead of just going hard for the finish.

Who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bolded is interesting to me too. I think he's lack of ball handling ability affects his ability to get into a place in the paint where he can actually use his athleticism to finish. Or maybe, he's not decisive enough, often trying to create something instead of just going hard for the finish.

Who knows?
    I agree that his ballhandling is subpar. But even when he's able to get around his man, his shots are just awkward. He doesn't seem to have any kind of touch or any idea how to take it strong.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that his ballhandling is subpar. But even when he's able to get around his man, his shots are just awkward. He doesn't seem to have any kind of touch or any idea how to take it strong.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite perimeter defense? Slow down there this isn't 2013. Also, lets not act like Green took an out of this world discount.

Here are a couple of 3&D players who are better than D-League Danny, can dribble a basketball, and get paid LESS or around his range:

Jae Crowder (7M/yr)
    Avery Bradley (8M/yr)
    Iman Shumpert (9M/yr)
    Trevor Ariza (8M/yr)
    Patrick Beverley (5.7M/yr)
    Tyler Johnson (12.5M/yr)
    DeMarre Carroll (14.5M/yr)
    So let's see:

You like Parker but you'd admit his D is nothing great.
    Danny sucks.
    You're not a Kawhi fan.
    Pau sucks.
    LMA is okay.

And somehow you put those 5 together and you have a top 3 defense in the league. That's hilarious.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    LMA
    Danny Green
    Patty Mills
    Pau Gasol

Who am I missing?
    Porker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's see:

You like Parker but you'd admit his D is nothing great.
    Danny sucks.
    You're not a Kawhi fan.
    Pau sucks.
    LMA is okay.

And somehow you put those 5 together and you have a top 3 defense in the league. That's hilarious.
    Parker = bad defender
    Green = average defender (overrated)
    Leonard = great defender
    Aldridge = good defender
    Gasol = average defender (underrated)

I think the fact that this team is a Top 3 defense, speaks more about what state the league is in It's a top heavy league. The bottom 25 teams should not be taken seriously.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Truth bombs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who am I missing?
    Your familia en Mexico. Go visit them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RD2191 is the Pope of Spurstalk. Speak ill of him and you put your immortal soul in peril.

How that man has not been canonized with the darkest of BOLDINGS, I have no idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RD2191 is the Pope of Spurstalk. Speak ill of him and you put your immortal soul in peril.

How that man has not been canonized with the darkest of BOLDINGS, I have no idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

tonight....rob diaz....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You realize 41% from 3 with elite perimeter defense is ing amazing, right? $10 mil a season is nothing in the modern cap era, especially for a starter on a 60+ win team.

Yeah, but a guy can be a great defender, shoot a solid 3P%, and be a great value for cap purposes, and still be "useless"

I don't think you understand how ST works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my bad... lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tonight....rob diaz....
    rawr...
    I'mma come getchu...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursforSix knows what he's talking about. If any of you guys were actually a shooter, a pure shooter, someone that shooting comes naturally to, then you'd know that open shots like Green gets a lot of the time, are shots that a pure/good shooter makes with some consistency. The fact that Green misses a lot of open looks tells me that he's a streak shooter (hence the nickname Icy Hot). He's not a great shooter. He's a streak shooter and I don't trust streak shooters because that means to me, in a playoff game, if he's open, he's just as likely to miss the shot than he is to make it. I was OK with that as he was a great defender, and I always pick defense over offense as I'm defense first, but IMO Danny's one on one D has slipped, and if his D isn't there, then he's not as valuable to me anymore.

I hope I am wrong about his shooting, I really do, because I want him to do well and be huge for us in the playoffs. He's gotta knock down those open shots with a lot more consistency, though.
    Last edited by Ice009; 01-25-2017 at 11:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpursforSix knows what he's talking about. If any of you guys were actually a shooter, a pure shooter, someone that shooting comes naturally to, then you'd know that open shots like Green gets a lot of the time, are shots that a pure/good shooter makes with some consistency. The fact that Green misses a lot of open looks tells me that he's a streak shooter (hence the nickname Icy Hot). He's not a great shooter. He's a streak shooter and I don't trust streak shooters because that means to me, in a playoff game, if he's open, he's just as likely to miss the shot than he is to make it. I was OK with that as he was a great defender, and I always pick defense over offense and I'm defense first, but IMO Danny's D has slipped, and if his D isn't there, then he's not as valuable to me anymore.

I hope I am wrong about his shooting, I really do, because I want him to do well and be huge for us in the playoffs. He's gotta knock down those open shots with a lot more consistency, though.
    When has he failed in the playoffs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When has he failed in the playoffs?
    I'll give you one straight off the top of my head. 2015 playoffs against the Clippers, game 7, he had some really good looks at the end there and missed them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you one straight off the top of my head. 2015 playoffs against the Clippers, game 7, he had some really good looks at the end there and missed them.
    Damn... he straight up sucks then.

Thread Information