Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swanigan is an absolute beast. His draft stock will continue to skyrocket with games like last night. He seems like a Zach Randolph with better range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks chinook

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need PGs, wings, and some new blood for our frontcourt. Our approach should be to get the BPA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a strong drafts for guards. Considering we have one of the worst guard rotations in the league would be a good time to pickup a decent guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justin Jackson from UNC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justin Jackson from UNC
    Will be gone by the time the Spurs pick. They would have to trade up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justin Jackson from UNC
    I think he'll be gone but check out Tony Bradley:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...b162nqyrovcxnv

Young athletic big with an insane wingspan and a nose for offensive rebounds. Seems his only major issue is he lacks confidence. Very team oriented and doesn't want to be in the spotlight or talk to the media. Sounds like a spur!
    Last edited by Trueblood; 04-10-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he'll be gone but check out Tony Bradley:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-bas...b162nqyrovcxnv

Young athletic big with an insane wingspan and a nose for offensive rebounds. Seems his only major issue is he lacks confidence. Very team oriented and doesn't want to be in the spotlight or talk to the media. Sounds like a spur!
    He's another one I wouldn't mind having.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st rd.
    Jonathan Jeane
    Anzejs Pasecniks
    TJ Leaf
    Harry Giles
    Semi Ojeleye
    Caleb Swanigan
    Bam Adebayo

2nd rd.
    Josh Hart
    Sindarius Thornwell
    Frank Mason
    Alec Peters

In that order.
    This a pretty deep draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most excited I've been by a draft in a while. Then again, I really liked the 2014 draft. But as far as I can see who looks interesting, I think there's a great chance that someone will be there who can be part of the future core. Hope PATFO finds that player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be a good draft to try to snag an extra 2nd rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really liking what I'm seeing from Lessort. He'd be way high on my list if he were two years younger. He'd be a junior in college, so it's not like he's old. But he seems to have so many mental issues with the game that I'd like to stash him in Austin for a year or two. With the entire big-man rotation set to expire by next June (2018), drafting a guy for the (domestic) pipeline would be cool.

Just don't stash him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't really get into the college season this year.
    Kind of abnormal for me, but I get the sense the Spurs already have some young guys this season that they couldn't figure out yet, or find enough time to develop them, who should continue to grow next year and I am more excited to see what Pop can do with Murray, Bertans and Anderson, at this point.

I would go after a wing though.

I really do not like Simmons game. He's just such a low BBIQ player that I can't dig him. There are some things he can bc he's such a tremendous athlete, but other than that there is no substance to his game. He makes a ton of mistakes still, can't shoot, and he's going to be 28 next season with really no upside at this point, probably blocking from playing time someone more deserving, which is what would worry me about re-upping him.

To me, it's not clear he's the best player of any of the 3 above, a lot older and will get paid. I would rather the Spurs draft a wing this season and take my chances. Even if Spurs don't reup Anderson after his rook contract is up next season and decide to go a different direction, drafting a wing this season makes perfect sense to replace his minutes/Simmons/Manu's etc.

But I really haven't looked around and don't know much about this draft. I will start getting more active once the playoffs are over probably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be a good draft to try to snag an extra 2nd rounder.
    Agreed. A lot of interesting players in the early second round along with several teams with multiple picks in that range. Jonathan Jeane would be an interesting project. A 7'2 center with a 7'7 arm span, mobile, and under the age of 20.
    Josh Hart (SG) seems like a 3 and D type of player that could fit in with the Spurs

A lot of good big men prospects in this draft tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this is the draft for PF/C in the first round I don't see how we won't draft one at our pick. I off course would prefer a SG but at our pick I just don't see anyone good enough not even for draft and stash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this is the draft for PF/C in the first round I don't see how we won't draft one at our pick. I off course would prefer a SG but at our pick I just don't see anyone good enough not even for draft and stash.
    I'll be happy with either Harry Giles, Bam Adebayo, or Tony Bradley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be happy with either Harry Giles, Bam Adebayo, or Tony Bradley.
    I think all three of these guys would be good late first round value picks but I keep seeing us linked to Caleb Swanigan in a few different mocks. I really hope we avoid that guy. Comes from a rough home (his brother was a great prospect but got involved in a shooting where he lost an eye) and he's been chronically overweight his whole life. It is awesome and a testament to his work ethic that he went on this diet and workout routine between his freshman and sop re seasons to try and improve his draft stock, but I feel like one season of being in the land of Whataburger and breakfast tacos would cause him to blow back up (a la Blair). No more pre season weigh-in fears (I'm looking at you Diaw)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think all three of these guys would be good late first round value picks but I keep seeing us linked to Caleb Swanigan in a few different mocks. I really hope we avoid that guy. Comes from a rough home (his brother was a great prospect but got involved in a shooting where he lost an eye) and he's been chronically overweight his whole life. It is awesome and a testament to his work ethic that he went on this diet and workout routine between his freshman and sop re seasons to try and improve his draft stock, but I feel like one season of being in the land of Whataburger and breakfast tacos would cause him to blow back up (a la Blair). No more pre season weigh-in fears (I'm looking at you Diaw)
    Yeah, I hope we can avoid Caleb Swanigan as well. We don't need anymore tweeners right now.
    Last edited by Thomas82; 04-19-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to see he's recovering. Spurs are in an awkward position with him. He hasn't shown enough to have him in the future plans. But he still has enough potential to where he could be a rotation player soon. So should the Spurs hesitate to draft a big? The front court will likely be okay for another year, and Nikola and Cady might have chances to earning a rotation spot. The back court needs new blood, even with Murray. So if the Spurs are at 29 and both Hart and a big like Adebayo or Lessort are there, where does the team go? Should they big a third project big or a rotation-ready two?

Decisions, decisions.
    I bring Chinook's post here because i think it's interesting.

Imo the biggest need is for the Spurs is a SG or SF who can replace Manu but it will also depend on Mills, Dedmond, Lee situations. Exepts if someone they really like( Adebayo?) fell to them, i guess the spurs will take a 2 or 3. I like Donovan Mitc or Og Anunoby, Dewayne Bacon seems interesting too.

I'm not sold on the bigs in this draft, looks like there are good projets ( Anigbogu could be one) but not something that become evident.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned in the other thread that I'd try to flip the 29 for Philly's or Orlando's two early 2nds. Get more bang for the buck in a deep draft, and hope the Spurs scouting team continues to be better than most at finding good talent late.

They likely to nab Hart AND that project big they need, while bringing in Multinov

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bring Chinook's post here because i think it's interesting.

Imo the biggest need is for the Spurs is a SG or SF who can replace Manu but it will also depend on Mills, Dedmond, Lee situations. Exepts if someone they really like( Adebayo?) fell to them, i guess the spurs will take a 2 or 3. I like Donovan Mitc or Og Anunoby, Dewayne Bacon seems interesting too.

I'm not sold on the bigs in this draft, looks like there are good projets ( Anigbogu could be one) but not something that become evident.

If one of the bigs projected to go in the lottery falls down to us, I would think we have to take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to either draft a wing or a guard. Our back court is a mess. Perfect scenario would be someone who could play the 2 and the 3. Manu will(praying) be gone next year and Parker will continue his downward spiral. Juice has shone glimpses here and there, but don't see him as a long term option due to his age. Danny is an ok starter if we can get a better playmaker at the 1. Patty most likely won't be back next year as he has indicated he wants to start and that isn't(and shouldn't) happen here in SA. As much hate as Kyle gets(most of it rightfully so) he has shown to be a decent backup 3 if we can get some other good players out there with him.

Next year the backcourt will likely be
    Parker Murray
    Green ?
    Kawhi Fat Head

The obvious hole is the two slot. If we can get a guy who can play the 2 and the 3 though that would be fantastic. Doesn't neccesarily need to be a creator/playmaker since Murray is fairly good in that role.

Just my two cents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but I think the best player available to us when we draft will be either a Center or a PF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but I think the best player available to us when we draft will be either a Center or a PF.
    I believe the same thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I'm saying. And if Nikola were tearing it up like Zizic is, then maybe I'd go against BPA. But he hasn't been good enough for me to let him get in away of drafting a good big, even in light of the team needing a guard.

Thread Information