Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see LA as a role player these days. I don't think getting rid of him means Spurs are blowing it up or reloading. I think if Spurs don't think highly of 4-10 outside of Jackson, they'd be better off getting 15th, 20th and next yrs 1st ( have it unprotected).

And I don't think Spurs put too much into DE mock boards or mock boards in general. Their board could be entirely different than the norm. That's why you saw them reach to draft George Hill in 09'.
    After 25 or so is real crap-shoot territory. We're talking about fourth-overall here. It's not very likely that the Spurs will not think anyone is worth a top-10 pick while teams are willing to trade a ton to get up to their spot. It's somewhat possible for them to not be interested in a guy due to his position (like MAYBE Jackson), but they're likely not the only team that would understand there's no talent up there.

So then you get the effect to where a bunch of teams would rather be at 10-20 rather than 4-9. Not only does this discourage trading up, but it also means that teams will want to move into the top 10 to get ahead of the pack. That means the Spurs' pick might be valuable (but not as much as you'd think), But it also means that they aren't as likely to get their "better value" players anymore.

Remember how much secrecy they had with Kawhi? Imagine that with like three players. Just not sustainable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 25 or so is real crap-shoot territory. We're talking about fourth-overall here. It's not very likely that the Spurs will not think anyone is worth a top-10 pick while teams are willing to trade a ton to get up to their spot. It's somewhat possible for them to not be interested in a guy due to his position (like MAYBE Jackson), but they're likely not the only team that would understand there's no talent up there.

So then you get the effect to where a bunch of teams would rather be at 10-20 rather than 4-9. Not only does this discourage trading up, but it also means that teams will want to move into the top 10 to get ahead of the pack. That means the Spurs' pick might be valuable (but not as much as you'd think), But it also means that they aren't as likely to get their "better value" players anymore.

Remember how much secrecy they had with Kawhi? Imagine that with like three players. Just not sustainable.
    We are debating on variables we don't know about.

I'm just stating the hypothetical that if Spurs don't see the value for their roster at 4, they may be wanting to trade down and increase the odds on hitting by getting the 15th, 20th and next years first.

Every team has different variables and different things they are looking for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In another thread I wondered if this would get a trade for #4 done:

- LMA to PHX
    - Spurs get #4 but take back Knight's ty deal + filler (Len or Dudley)

Would love to get Bender instead of the filler but think that might be too rich.
    Unless they decide to go with Fox and shop Bledsoe for veteran help, I could see this interesting the Suns. Jackson or more likely Tatum is expected to be the consensus best available at 4 and though they're both better prospects than Warren, the difference probably isn't enough to turn down expediting their re-build (especially considering McDonough is probably close to losing his job) and salary dumping an unwanted contract in the process.

I'm actually less certain this would interest the Spurs. Neither Jackson or Tatum would make much sense, unless they think one or either could eventually transition into more of a full time power forward (Tatum is more likely). Depending on how high they are on Murray, they could go with Fox and offer Murray for any of picks 19 (Hawks), 21 (Thunder), or 22 (Nets), respectively, as all are in need of a backup point guard. Then they could a big with that pick.

I don't want Knight, but he'd actually be a good fit. He'd alleviate the need to re-sign Mills, serve as a placeholder starter and work on and off the ball alongside Leonard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knight for Aldridge works salary wise under the new CBA in the trade machine.

Don't see Chandler ever being involved when he was who Aldridge wanted to play with in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knight for Aldridge works salary wise under the new CBA in the trade machine.

Don't see Chandler ever being involved when he was who Aldridge wanted to play with in the first place.
    With the bigs the Suns drafted, I don't think they want to keep Chandler.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see Chad Ford's latest mock draft has us picking 7'2" French center Jonathan Jeanne at #29.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the bigs the Suns drafted, I don't think they want to keep Chandler.
    Tend to agree except one of the reasons they signed him obstensibly was to pair with LMA so who knows.

I'd love to snag Bender in the trade, but that'd be hard unless the Spurs make a big stink about how ty Knights deal (which it is). Probably more realistic is Dudley to make salary work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way the Suns would trade their #4 pick to the Spurs for a soon to be 32 year-old big man in LMA whom has shown to be inconsistent. I think the Bucks would make a lot of sense for LMA as right now their only go to option is Giannis. I would package something like Henson, #17 draft pick, and 2018 draft pick top 20 protected for LMA. The Bucks would be a top 4 team in the weak Eastern conference. Teams will be hesitant to trade for Aldridge given his heart condition.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should also be the automatic eligibility year for our old friend George de Paula. Wouldn't mind seeing them use a second on him and stashing him in Austin just to see what they have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should also be the automatic eligibility year for our old friend George de Paula. Wouldn't mind seeing them use a second on him and stashing him in Austin just to see what they have.
    He turns 21 next week so he should have another season before the auto eligibility kicks in. I like the idea of a big defensive minded PG but it looks like he hasn't made much progress on the offensive end (shooting percentages of 38/32/75 make it hard to get even slightly intrigued).

Edit: Ignore the first part, missed the professionally playing bit.
    Last edited by jyra; 05-18-2017 at 12:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don't get the facination with aquiring the best prospects over quan y specially with the D-league around. If the spurs somehow trade for the 4th pick giving up Aldridge a I would trade that pick for Multiple other picks in the 15-20 range in addition to the spurs pick.

How many top 5 picks did the warriors have in their 73 win team roster? Most of their guys are developed players.

But I am more and more leaning towards keeping Aldridge if the Suns is the only ideal trading partner. They're not giving up Bledsoe. They're.going to try to dump two players that I hate at this point of their careers. Chandler and Knight. Makes me want to vomit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Draft Net has us taking Yurtseven...
    I think this kid would be a steal. Let him play in Austin for a year then call him up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He turns 21 next week so he should have another season before the auto eligibility kicks in. I like the idea of a big defensive minded PG but it looks like he hasn't made much progress on the offensive end (shooting percentages of 38/32/75 make it hard to get even slightly intrigued).

Edit: Ignore the first part, missed the professionally playing bit.
    No, you're right that he's still a bit too young. I don't think he even entered his name in this time. Shame for him, as he really should have been drafted the first year he was eligible

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way the Suns would trade their #4 pick to the Spurs for a soon to be 32 year-old big man in LMA whom has shown to be inconsistent. I think the Bucks would make a lot of sense for LMA as right now their only go to option is Giannis. I would package something like Henson, #17 draft pick, and 2018 draft pick top 20 protected for LMA. The Bucks would be a top 4 team in the weak Eastern conference. Teams will be hesitant to trade for Aldridge given his heart condition.
    I don't know, that Knight contract is pretty ty and they have a bit of a log jam at the guard positions too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami at 14 might be another LMA destination since he met with Riley and they usually don't care about the draft. They might find the appeal in a Winslow/LMA/Whitesode front court.

Would need something else back in return though like their unprotected first next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami at 14 might be another LMA destination since he met with Riley and they usually don't care about the draft. They might find the appeal in a Winslow/LMA/Whitesode front court.

Would need something else back in return though like their unprotected first next year.
    Miami owe their 2018 pick to Phoenix.

Besides, nobody is giving up unprotected 1st round picks anymore. Not even the Pelicans in the Cousins trade. Someone would have probably explained this to Vlade Divac too by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Heat fans on RealGM were talking about Winslow and their first to the Spurs for LMA and taking back McRoberts. But that was back when the pick was projected in the mid-lottery. Looking at their roster, I don't see anyone would could really add value besides Johnson, and his contract sucks. I'd want a 2019 pickswap at least

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Chris and knight for Aldridge in a heartbeat. No 4th pick either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't ride with you there, Ray. I like Chris quite a bit, but I don't think the downgrade to him from LMA makes sense for the Spurs unless a) Knight projects to be a good player for them and b) They get back something else.

Like I could see LMA for Knight, Chriss, 32 and a Miami pick. And I'd be willing to swap in Bender instead if that's what they'd prefer.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't ride with you there, Ray. I like Chris quite a bit, but I don't think the downgrade to him from LMA makes sense for the Spurs unless a) Knight projects to be a good player for them and b) They get back something else.

Like I could see LMA for Knight, Chriss, 32 and a Miami pick. And I'd be willing to swap in Bender instead if that's what they'd prefer.
    Maybe I'm low on Aldridge cause health problems, age, future contract, and current production... I'm also high on Chriss. He did well this season and has a corner three he's working on and is a solid finisher.

But yeah a pick would also be great. I'm not sure I meant straight up but more base for a deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toss in 32 and 54 (to replenish foreign stash assets) and you have a deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat fans on RealGM were talking about Winslow and their first to the Spurs for LMA and taking back McRoberts. But that was back when the pick was projected in the mid-lottery. Looking at their roster, I don't see anyone would could really add value besides Johnson, and his contract sucks. I'd want a 2019 pickswap at least
    Winslow, 14, and a future first might move the needle for me, although Pop would have to commit to playing smaller. Other than that, I agree that there isnt anything on that roster that appeals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow, 14, and a future first might move the needle for me, although Pop would have to commit to playing smaller. Other than that, I agree that there isnt anything on that roster that appeals.
    That's not fully true. We could pay Winslow at the 3 and Leonard at the 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play Winslow at 4, Kawhi at 3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow had a terrible season even when he played, his production was amongst the worst in the league. Iirc he rated worst in David Locke's PAAC rating but escapes the distinction due to minutes played (points above average created). Probably not a coincidence that Miami was much better without him

Thread Information