Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a busted Parker, a very shaky Murray, Manu heading for social security, Mills and Simmons unrestricted FAs with Simmons looking like he'll get a hefty offer. Couple that with a draft year very strong in PGs, even Evans maybe available when Spurs draf,t and the next two draft years after this projected to be very weak in PGs. No way Spurs should go after a big. Maybe, maybe a 3/4 if he's got tons of potential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a busted Parker, a very shaky Murray, Manu heading for social security, Mills and Simmons unrestricted FAs with Simmons looking like he'll get a hefty offer. Couple that with a draft year very strong in PGs, even Evans maybe available when Spurs draf,t and the next two draft years after this projected to be very weak in PGs. No way Spurs should go after a big. Maybe, maybe a 3/4 if he's got tons of potential.
    Evans has a nice game, not a fan of his size. Spurs need to use their pick on a player who can play both ends. Stop acquiring players who are defensive liabilities or that don't have the size to defend. In this draft, where the Spurs are picking, the value is in the front-court. When I say value, I don't mean there's any superstars -- most of these bigs have a pretty good role playing floor or ceiling. The only wing I like in the late or early 2nd round is Diallo. Wing depth isn't there in this draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Evans has a nice game, not a fan of his size. Spurs need to use their pick on a player who can play both ends. Stop acquiring players who are defensive liabilities or that don't have the size to defend. In this draft, where the Spurs are picking, the value is in the front-court. When I say value, I don't mean there's any superstars -- most of these bigs have a pretty good role playing floor or ceiling. The only wing I like in the late or early 2nd round is Diallo. Wing depth isn't there in this draft.
    Im starting to buy this. I really want backcourt help but I just don't see it where we're picking. Best bet if to draft Dedmon insurance and bring over Mulitinov.

It's part of the reason I'd like to see us move up in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the modern game any big has to be able to be able to match up on a switch, offer at least some paint protection against all but elite bigs like AD, KAT, Embid and be a decent offensive threat. If Spurs can pull something out of their asses like Gobert sure. Spurs haven't pulled a big out of their ass lately. Otherwise you have a bug with too many holes. Diallo is interesting but we've seen that picture before, Gerald Green or a Zach Lavine that's shown less game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winslow had a terrible season even when he played, his production was amongst the worst in the league. Iirc he rated worst in David Locke's PAAC rating but escapes the distinction due to minutes played (points above average created). Probably not a coincidence that Miami was much better without him
    He didn't have a good year. Not a huge fan of him, just commenting on their hypothetical.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the modern game any big has to be able to be able to match up on a switch, offer at least some paint protection against all but elite bigs like AD, KAT, Embid and be a decent offensive threat. If Spurs can pull something out of their asses like Gobert sure. Spurs haven't pulled a big out of their ass lately. Otherwise you have a bug with too many holes. Diallo is interesting but we've seen that picture before, Gerald Green or a Zach Lavine that's shown less game.
    Jordan Bell
    DJ Wilson
    Adebayo
    Jeanne but he's more raw than those I just mentioned and would take more time.

All of these players are able to match up on a switch and defend out in space and in the interior. DJ Wilson has a higher ceiling offensively than any of these guys, but Bell and Adebayo should be solid PnR rollers in the PnR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Bell
    DJ Wilson
    Adebayo

All of these players are able to match up on a switch and defend out in space and in the interior. DJ Wilson has a higher ceiling offensively than any of these guys, but Bell and Adebayo should be solid PnR rollers in the PnR.
    Of those I'd be on board with Bell although I wish he was a little longer and his shot is pretty stiff around the basket. What's stopping him from ending up a smaller version of Dedmon? Jeanne makes Murray look like he's morbidly obese and he'll never be able to put on decent weight. Pass.
    Last edited by picnroll; 05-20-2017 at 09:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Bell
    DJ Wilson
    Adebayo

Adebayo is a freak athlete type with potential in the right system (and with a strong mental for ude). I've been high on him for awhile. But the more I read the more i like Harry Giles. Problem is most drafts have him moving about 10 picks before the Spurs. The guy was an almost consensus lock for a top 5 talent in this draft during high school (many said he was #1 with how he was blowing out players older than him). Enter some knee issues that transitioned into a poor showing this year at Duke and suddenly he's not even in the lottery? I get the hesitation with his knee issues, but look at Bertans. He had to have two reconstructive surgeries and he's looking like a starter. I think between the Spurs training staff and Pop using him in a limited roll he could get his confidence back and play up to his potential. We know duke (traditionally) gets high character team oriented guys so he would fit right in. Problem is moving up in the draft to get him...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of those I'd be on board with Bell although I wish he was a little longer and his shot is pretty stiff around the basket. What's stopping him from ending up a smaller version of Dedmon? Jeanne makes Murray look like he's morbidly obese and he'll never be able to put on decent weight. Pass.
    Jordan Bell is the best and most versatile defender of not just that group of players, but the whole damn draft. That's why I love him so much. Give me his elite ability and versatility on the defensive end -- which is in the mold of Draymond. Then you figure out the rest and develop his offense further once you get him in the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Hanlan figures into the guard projections. He is having a so-so season as a sixth man in Le Mans. The Spurs likely asked for him specifically in the Diaw trade and during a time where the team may be looking for body, Olivier likely has his best shot to compete for a spot. He needs to shoot better from three though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Hanlan figures into the guard projections. He is having a so-so season as a sixth man in Le Mans. The Spurs likely asked for him specifically in the Diaw trade and during a time where the team may be looking for body, Olivier likely has his best shot to compete for a spot. He needs to shoot better from three though.
    Do any of our stash guys have trade value of any significance? How much would Milutinov (simply chosen as an example) plus this years 1st move us up the draft board?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do any of our stash guys have trade value of any significance? How much would Milutinov (simply chosen as an example) plus this years 1st move us up the draft board?
    I would assume they'd have less than Bogdonovic did last year, and he was just that extra bit of sweetener in that 8-for-13 deal. While I think Nikola definitely has the most value of the Spurs' prospects (with Hanga second and Hanlan maybe the only other one of note), I doubt it's worth losing him to move up three spaces or whatever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot about Hanlan. I wonder if he can come be the 3rd PG next year until parker is healthy?
    Murray, Forbes, Hanlan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot about Hanlan. I wonder if he can come be the 3rd PG next year until parker is healthy?
    Murray, Forbes, Hanlan
    I doubt Pop would go that young at PG. And I don't think Forbes has shown he can be a rotation player yet. Add in Mills or a vet and push Hanlan down to fourth PG, and you might have something for next year, even if it's shaky at best.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan Bell
    DJ Wilson
    Adebayo

A guy without a page here who is currently mocked mid second is JONAH BOLDEN.

21 y/o Australian auto eligible because he left UCLA to play in the Adriatic League.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonah-Bolden-72870/

6-10, alleged 7+ wingspan, checks all the boxes as far as skill minimums go.

Open space big time dunker who is also a great three point shooter to be a stretch big, shot 42% on 4.2 attempts a game with NBA range.

Spurs have paid a lot of attention to the Adriatic League, getting Baynes, Boban, Milutinov and Dangubic from there, he's gotta be on their radar.

I'll watch some full games but his clips look very impressive.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy without a page here who is currently mocked mid second is JONAH BOLDEN.

21 y/o Australian auto eligible because he left UCLA to play in the Adriatic League.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonah-Bolden-72870/

6-10, alleged 7+ wingspan, checks all the boxes as far as skill minimums go.

Open space big time dunker who is also a great three point shooter to be a stretch big, shot 42% on 4.2 attempts a game with NBA range.

Spurs have paid a lot of attention to the Adriatic League, getting Baynes, Boban, Milutinov and Dangubic from there, he's gotta be on their radar.

I'll watch some full games but his clips look very impressive.
    Aye this dude is like perfect for the modern NBA. Ball handling, Court Vision, defense, shot blocking, shooting what more do you want. He can play the 4/5 with that skill set. I mean you want a post presence get Caleb Swanigan. But Jonah is dope man.

I definitely think this is the year to go big. You might have to let milutinov play one more year in Europe to establish himself so taking a 4/5 would be perfect. We already got LA,Pau, and Lee so you can pick up a veteran 5 on a minimum and draft a big first and a combo second. I wonder if Frank Mason falls...

but id be happy with Jeanne, Bell, or Bolden. I think Gobert when I think Jeanne. Can anybody see that comparison? Why or why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched a vid with Jeanne. Reminds me more of Skal than Gobert lol I'm not impressed. I think he has potential but he's got a small frame which might be hard filling out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can definitely see Bell fitting with potential starter status or a energy off the bench. He's in the Dedmon, DeAndre, Chandler mold with that skill set. I'd love Kawhi, Green or Simmons and him anchoring the defense. I'm ok with him or Bolden but from what I saw Bolden has a higher ceiling while Bell has a higher floor. I like Boldens skill set though. Kind of more like Odom, Green, and Diaw like. It's just preference really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caleb Swanigan is another option too. I liked him last year too. He's like a David west or Z Bo type or Millsap without the D. So he's 6'8" with a 7'3" wingspan kinda like Leonard.

Jonah Bolden
    Jordan Bell
    Caleb Swanigan
    Jonathon Jeanne

Are my top 4 right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am still pulling for Yurtseven the guy plays great defense and is mobile enough to help against teams like GS

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am still pulling for Yurtseven the guy plays great defense and is mobile enough to help against teams like GS
    Maybe i'm wrong but the concern about Yurtseven is defense, he's a good offensive big with a soft touch but he could be in trouble on defense.

Here's some words about him during the combine " The biggest downside for Yurtseven at the moment, and it's a big one, is how much of a liability he's proven to be defensively both at the college level and here at the Combine " ©DraftExpress

Why nobody talk about Anigbogu ? he's raw but has a lot of potentiel as a defensive, athletic big. Not sure he will be there when we pick( DX has him at 15 for example).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone I think is interesting, but maybe not even as a second rounder ...

LUCA VILDOZA

6-3 Argentine point guard.

Probably not really 6-3. Plays at low level in Argentina. But is a slick passer, not as good as Manu but looks like he grew up watching him play. Nice balance on his feet. 3 point range.

Maybe a candidate for summer league or one of the new d-league/NBA flex contracts

https://youtu.be/GgHnidTmKuI

https://youtu.be/7HC76E2lMmk

Year old scouting videohttps://youtu.be/yvIojVzw9X0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are the combo guard-forward available in the draft?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really liking Frank Jackson from Duke if we have to let Patty and Dedmon walk by keeping Pau. I think him and Murray would be a great pairing in the backcourt. He's got a great stroke and is super quick and athletic. He gets to the rim with ease.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Spurs can offload Kyle to get a pick in the high second. It's doubtful, but I can hope.

There's a lot of value in early 2nd for solid bench pieces.

Thread Information