Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Spurs can offload Kyle to get a pick in the high second. It's doubtful, but I can hope.

There's a lot of value in early 2nd for solid bench pieces.
    Have you checked out Bolden?

I watched 2 full games of his yesterday, and while he's not really what you're looking for, he adds some other things.

He's not a pick and roll dive man because I didn't see him used as the screener. I did see him used as the ball handler though, strangely.

Not nearly the shot blocker as Bell, only getting 1 per 27 mpg.

But he's a big time grab-n-go guy, really good handle for his size, good passer and playmaker, a little too much Tragic Bronson, but it happens. Great three point shooter, good rim runner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you checked out Bolden?

I watched 2 full games of his yesterday, and while he's not really what you're looking for, he adds some other things.

He's not a pick and roll dive man because I didn't see him used as the screener. I did see him used as the ball handler though, strangely.

Not nearly the shot blocker as Bell, only getting 1 per 27 mpg.

But he's a big time grab-n-go guy, really good handle for his size, good passer and playmaker, a little too much Tragic Bronson, but it happens. Great three point shooter, good rim runner.
    I have. Im not as thrilled about him. He reminds me of Marcus Haislip lol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haislip wishes he had the shooting or handle Bolden does.

He's like a skinny, flying Brian Cook with dribbling.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haislip wishes he had the shooting or handle Bolden does.

He's like a skinny, flying Brian Cook with dribbling.
    Bolden is my top pick in our range right now. I'm sold. I see a Lamar Odom like skill set. Plus and minus here and there but he brings alot to the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do we think Danny's trade value is at? For example, would Danny fetch Mike Dunlevey's 5 million expiring and the 19th pick from Atlanta?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do we think Danny's trade value is at? For example, would Danny fetch Mike Dunlevey's 5 million expiring and the 19th pick from Atlanta?
    If Atlanta has the space...i would think they would do that. He's fit good next to Schroeder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ref: Sebastian Saiz

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/sebastian-saiz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get a Page for Frank Jackson and Jonah Bolden please. those are two of my top picks and would like a page to post stuff about them Drom John Chinook
    Last edited by raybies; 05-26-2017 at 04:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ Wilson from Michigan as well... very intriguing to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ Wilson from Michigan as well... very intriguing to me.
    I like this kid and would love to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Predicting Spurs draft Derrick White. Came out of high school at 6ft and is now 6'4. He played d2 and move to d1 for his last year. Nice gritty journey. Pretty solid all around. He's damn near 23 years old though but he's a late bloomer so should have more upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dont know about white but KA as a second round pick is interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sindarious Thornwell looks interesting. Senior who has two way potential. Ready to contribute right away. Doesn't rely on physical attributes really. Has an old school type game and can punish mismatches in the post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabari Bird, Davon Reed, Sterling Brown or Jonah Boldin at 59.

If Spurs can dump Gasol and buy or trade to acquire another late 1st or early 2nd to draft Jordan Bell AND DJ Wilson. Then use 59 to draft Bird or Reed. Id be a very happy fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the draft the Spurs need to come away with 3 picks

With Mills, Simmons, and Deadmon leaving we need bodies and future/stash players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the draft the Spurs need to come away with 3 picks

With Mills, Simmons, and Deadmon leaving we need bodies and future/stash players.
    I go back and forth on whether I want them to do a mini rebuild in 2017 ahead of next summer when they'll have mad cap space, or if they should go all in for Paul or Hayward. Just relooked at the 2018 FA crop, and it's just not that exciting (Before folk say Paul George, we all know he's going to the Lakers).

That said, I do at least have to make a call to PHX about LMA. If they're willing to either move #4 (and parts) or Bender/Chriss and #32, then I'm seriously thinking about making that move as the Spurs.

I'd then also consider a few other small deals since they'd be conceding a rebuild year (especially with the uncertainty around TP). Things like:
    - Green to ATL for Dunleveys contract + #19
    - Kyle + #29 to Nets for #22
    - Kyle + #29 to Orlando for #33 + #35

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go back and forth on whether I want them to do a mini rebuild in 2017 ahead of next summer when they'll have mad cap space, or if they should go all in for Paul or Hayward. Just relooked at the 2018 FA crop, and it's just not that exciting (Before folk say Paul George, we all know he's going to the Lakers).

That said, I do at least have to make a call to PHX about LMA. If they're willing to either move #4 (and parts) or Bender/Chriss and #32, then I'm seriously thinking about making that move as the Spurs.

I'd then also consider a few other small deals since they'd be conceding a rebuild year (especially with the uncertainty around TP). Things like:
    - Green to ATL for Dunleveys contract + #19
    - Kyle + #29 to Nets for #22
    - Kyle + #29 to Orlando for #33 + #35
    I'd make that call to Phoenix as well..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adebayo is a freak athlete type with potential in the right system (and with a strong mental for ude). I've been high on him for awhile. But the more I read the more i like Harry Giles. Problem is most drafts have him moving about 10 picks before the Spurs. The guy was an almost consensus lock for a top 5 talent in this draft during high school (many said he was #1 with how he was blowing out players older than him). Enter some knee issues that transitioned into a poor showing this year at Duke and suddenly he's not even in the lottery? I get the hesitation with his knee issues, but look at Bertans. He had to have two reconstructive surgeries and he's looking like a starter. I think between the Spurs training staff and Pop using him in a limited roll he could get his confidence back and play up to his potential. We know duke (traditionally) gets high character team oriented guys so he would fit right in. Problem is moving up in the draft to get him...
    I would be happy with one of Harry Giles, Bam Adebayo, Tony Bradley, or DJ Wilson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the guard Donovan Mitc from Louisville as well. A little undersized so he could drop some but he has great measurements and length to make up for it. Has a nice looking shot and his ability to create his own shot and get to the rim is sorely lacking on this team. Especially with Simmons likely out the door. Also a very capable defender who can guard 1s and 2s. Figured he was way out of reach, but I see him in the 20s now in some mocks. Would likely have to move up though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like the guard Donovan Mitc from Louisville as well. A little undersized so he could drop some but he has great measurements and length to make up for it. Has a nice looking shot and his ability to create his own shot and get to the rim is sorely lacking on this team. Especially with Simmons likely out the door. Also a very capable defender who can guard 1s and 2s. Figured he was way out of reach, but I see him in the 20s now in some mocks. Would likely have to move up though.
    He's my favourite player for us, the biggest need imo is a SG and he fills the need. But as you said he'll be drafted before our choice but i really like him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Detroit is willing to shop #12 for "an established" player. Would Danny and #29 for parts (Boban's 5M) and #12 get it done?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information