Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Because people equals in those places, governments job is to keep people dumb and killing each other so they can party like it´s 1999.
    No, it really isn't.

Charity doesnt work like that
    It works exactly like that.

Obama gives some money, but the african americans has not seen much progress really, women either so its all a big nothing.
    How much money do you think it will take for them to progress really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much money do you think it will take for them to progress really?
    I dont think its about money, its about making something to keep them away from the thug life, it could be education, jobs, or some other thing than Barry and Mic e were not capable of deliver, but money by itself wont make much of a difference, people say ¨thanks for this, now off¨.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I dont think its about money, its about making something to keep them away from the thug life, it could be education, jobs, or some other thing than Barry and Mic e were not capable of deliver, but money by itself wont make much of a difference, people say ¨thanks for this, now off¨.
    So you have examples of people saying this for the charities they give to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you have examples of people saying this for the charities they give to?
    Thats the at ude, do you have experience on the streets?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thats the at ude, do you have experience on the streets?
    Blacks and women only live on the streets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blacks and women only live on the streets?
    The kind that needs charity aid, yes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The kind that needs charity aid, yes.
    No.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ethics Director Says Trump Has Made The US A ‘Laughingstock’ Abroad

Donald Trump has had a damaging at ude toward ethics, undermining the United States’ position as a role model on ethics.

“It’s hard for the United States to pursue international anticorruption and ethics initiatives when we’re not even keeping our own side of the street clean.

It affects our credibility,” he told the New York Times over the weekend. “I think we are pretty close to a laughingstock at this point.”

He said that Trump’s frequent trips to his own properties has raised ethics concerns.

“It creates the appearance of profiting from the presidency,” he said.

“Misuse of position is really the heart of the ethics program, and the internationally accepted definition of corruption is abuse of entrusted power.

It undermines the government ethics program by casting doubt on the integrity of government decision making.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...0%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canada Seen As The Most Positive Influence Globally

http://ritholtz.com/2017/07/canada-s...Big+Picture%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Betsy DeVos Listening to Groups That Smear Rape Survivors?

Advocates for sexual assault survivors worry that Education Secretary Betsy DeVos will revoke Obama-era guidelines requiring schools to tighten processes for investigating assaults on campus.

https://rewire.news/article/2017/07/...ality+Check%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Just Inconvenienced Disabled Veterans So He Can Golf In Peace

The Washington Post reports that the Coast Guard will be periodically cutting off access to a stretch of the Potomac River bordering a Trump golf course, ostensibly to reduce security risks when Trump and his associates play there.

The restricted area is currently used for a kayaking program for injured and disabled veterans.

The Post provided a helpful graphic:

“It’s just heartbreaking. Granted, it’s his golf course.

But he has other golf courses,” John Deitle, a veteran with chemical induced health problems, told the Post. Deitle regularly uses the Potomac for recreational and rehabilitative kayaking.

Howard Morland, another member of the local kayaking community, told the Post that

the real reason for shutting down the stretch of water could be to combat growing protests on the Potomac.

Since the inauguration, anti-Trump protestors have been taking to the water outside the club to voice their opposition.

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...an-golf-peace/

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-17-2017 at 07:33 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Texas wildlife refuge will be razed to build the first section of Trump’s wall

An official told the Texas Observer that construction would “essentially destroy the refuge.”

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol has begun preparations to construct the first leg of the Trump administration’s border wall through the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge in South Texas,

The Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge comprises 2,088-acres along the U.S.-Mexico border, and was established in 1943 for the protection of migratory birds.

The refuge is home to at least

400 species of birds,

450 types of plants, and

half of the butterfly species found in North America.

It is also home to the highly-endangered ocelot

Federal officials told the Texas Observer that the wall would consist of an 18-foot levee wall that would stretch for three miles in the wildlife refuge. The construction plan would require building a road south of the wall, as well as clearing land on either side. Such construction would “essentially destroy the refuge,”

Officials said that the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge is slated to be the site of the first section of the wall because the government already owns the land, and so won’t have to contend with issues of private ownership.

Part of the wall’s $21.6 billion estimated price tag will almost certainly come from the cost of purchasing land along the route from private landowners.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-bord...e-1e9427af7c7f

Hate, xenophobia, white less male supremacy crapifying America.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s State Department Just Shut Down Its War Crimes Prevention Office

The State Department is closing down its Office of Global Criminal Justice, the part of the organization dedicated to preventing and responding to war crimes, reports Foreign Policy.

The office has existed for twenty years and works to liaison with courts around the world to help them fight genocides, war crimes, and crimes against humanity.

It was created at the orders of Madeline Albright, America’s first female Secretary of State. Albright was President Bill Clinton’s appointment, so one can’t rule out the possibility that Trump is removing the office because of the intense animus he feels towards all things Clintonian.

“This is a very harsh signal to the rest of the world that the United States is essentially downgrading the importance of accountability for the commission of atrocity crimes,” David Scheffer, a former head of the Office of Global Criminal Justice, told Foreign Policy.

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...ention-office/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares about war crimes, they're chopping off heads!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “We hope to issue this week a new directive on asset forfeiture — especially for drug traffickers,”

Sessions said in his prepared remarks for a speech to the National District Attorney's Association in Minneapolis.

"With care and professionalism, we plan to develop policies to increase forfeitures.

No criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime.

Adoptive forfeitures are appropriate as is sharing with our partners."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-of-loveliness

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump administration unveils new Iran sanctions

The Trump administration on Tuesday unveiled a new slate of economic sanctions against Iran over its ballistic missile program and

destabilizing actions in the region

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...istic-missiles

Trash gets kicked in the balls by Congress, so he kicks somebody else, accomplishing nothing but faking toughness

"destabilizing actions in the region"

how about:

Repugs/BigOil invading Iraq for oil!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash Just Fired America’s Top Cyber Security Official

So what is the Trump administration doing?

They are letting the top cyber expert in the American government leave his job, where he has been a powerful force to defend America and its allies from these mounting cyber threats.

State Department under Rex Tillerson is planning to

downgrade its cyber security office and merge it with another operation.

Christopher Painter, who has been America’s top cyber security diplomat since 2011, and is credited with doing a phenomenal job-fighting cyber crime worldwide, coordinating efforts across the government and advancing Internet freedom without sacrificing safety, will leave his post in the State Department at the end of this month.

“Chris has been a tireless defender of American interests in cyberspace,” says Jason Healey, senior cyber researcher at Columbia University, “flying hundreds of thousands of miles a year to push our views of freedom online, conduct countless bilateral meetings with allies and friends and (champion) international engagement in multilateral settings.”

“The U.S. government,” adds Healey, “didn’t have many like Chris and his departure will be a major loss.”

Appa
    rently former oil industry executive Rex Tillerson, who in six short months has proven ineffective and inept as a diplomat while destroying morale at the once distinguished State Department, will not be among those mourning the departure of the nations top diplomat in the crucial area of cyber space, at a time the threats have never been greater.

Tillerson is close to closing the cyber office, or merging it with another office and downgrading the cyber coordinators rank, a source familiar with the internal plans says.

“It’s a step back from everything done over the last ten years,” said the source, adding that Tillerson was also considering

“limiting the number of people who work on cybersecurity” at the State Department.

“They basically gave (Painter) two weeks notice,” said the source. “It’s clear they’re thinking about reorganizing it…Clearly, they don’t think it’s that important.”

If Tillerson is eliminating the State Department’s dedicated cyber unit, it would make “the United States,” says Healey,

“the only major country without a lead diplomat to discuss cyber norms and try to reduce the ever-escalating cyber attacks we see all around the world.”
    http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...ficial-expert/

Trash bending Lady Liberty over and letting BFF Pootin amuse himself

Pootin and his FSB people, China, NK must be laughing their asses off.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^How the can he be worth a dime? All we've heard is how the Russians are in our election cycle after cycle. We're at their mercy. All the heads of the intelligence community threw up their hands and went before Congress and cried like babies over it. They should have all been fired January 21st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Sessions’ expanded civil asset forfeiture policy is even being blasted by conservatives

Conservatives are bashing a new policy that would give government the ability to take property without charges

Holder only focused on “adoptive” forfeiture, a smaller subset of the problem, but one of the most corrupt aspects. The “adoptive” forfeitures made it possible for state and local authorities to “sidestep sometimes stricter state laws, processing forfeiture cases under the more permissive federal statute,” according to the Post.

The Post elaborated on adoption cases:

Adoption cases have minimal federal involvement. They are cases in which a local police agency simply calls up a field office of the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives or other federal law enforcement agency to sign some papers so that the case gets kicked up to federal court, where it will be governed by the less restrictive federal forfeiture laws.

“This is a federalism issue,” Robert Everett Johnson, an attorney for the Ins ute for Justice, a public interest law firm that represents forfeiture defendants, told the Post.

Returning to federal adoptive forfeitures would “cir vent limitations on civil forfeiture that are imposed by state legislatures . . .

the Department of Justice is saying ‘we’re going to help state and local law enforcement to get around those reforms.'”

But Sessions also noted he intends on expanding the “adoptive” forfeitures, saying the practice is “appropriate as is sharing with our partners.”

States have made recent attempts to rein in the practice of asset forfeiture.

“Thirteen states now allow forfeiture only in cases where there’s been a criminal conviction,” Johnson told the Post.

The issue has oddly united both liberals and conservatives, specifically those who lean libertarian. Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.,said he was afraid that expanding the “adoptive” forfeitures would undermine the attempts states have made to rein in the entire practice.

Ramping up adoptive forfeitures would cir vent much of the progress state legislatures have made to curb forfeiture abuse and expand a loophole that’s become a central point of contention nationwide. Criminals shouldn’t be able to keep the proceeds of their crime, but

innocent Americans shouldn’t lose their right to due process, or their private property rights, in order to make that happen.”

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/19/jeff...conservatives/

Repug "overreach" nullifying the states' attempts to limit c/f?

Sessions' LIE is that this is about drug offenders, knowing DAMN WELL the cops and the Feds abuse c/f to steal from citizens for law enforcement's own enrichment.

There's not ONE ING THING the Repugs have done that doesn't degrade and CRAPIFY America.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisconsin’s OB-GYN Shortage Could Get Worse if Republicans Get Their Way

A GOP lawmaker is taking aim at the University of Wisconsin's arrangement allowing OB-GYN residents to receive training in abortion care at Planned Parenthood's Madison clinic.

A Wisconsin GOP lawmaker’s crusade against Planned Parenthood could cost the state’s flagship university millions and exacerbate the state’s shortage of OB-GYNs.

Wisconsin is facing a shortage of physicians who provide obstetrics and gynecological care, as 20 of the state’s 72 counties lack an OB-GYN,

The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health this fall launched the nation’s first rural residency program for OB-GYNs, with the hopes of increasing the number of doctors who can provide OB-GYN care in underserved areas.

But a bill pending in the GOP-held state legislature threatens to undermine the university’s efforts.

https://rewire.news/article/2017/07/20/wisconsins-ob-gyn-shortage-get-worse-republicans-get-way/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+rhrealitycheck+%28RH+Reality+Check%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wisconsin’s OB-GYN Shortage Could Get Worse if Republicans Get Their Way

A GOP lawmaker is taking aim at the University of Wisconsin's arrangement allowing OB-GYN residents to receive training in abortion care at Planned Parenthood's Madison clinic.

A Wisconsin GOP lawmaker’s crusade against Planned Parenthood could cost the state’s flagship university millions and exacerbate the state’s shortage of OB-GYNs.

Wisconsin is facing a shortage of physicians who provide obstetrics and gynecological care, as 20 of the state’s 72 counties lack an OB-GYN,

The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health this fall launched the nation’s first rural residency program for OB-GYNs, with the hopes of increasing the number of doctors who can provide OB-GYN care in underserved areas.

But a bill pending in the GOP-held state legislature threatens to undermine the university’s efforts.

https://rewire.news/article/2017/07/20/wisconsins-ob-gyn-shortage-get-worse-republicans-get-way/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+rhrealitycheck+%28RH+Reality+Check%29

meh..."shortage"...lol.
    Abortions and deliveries are pretty much things any average person can perform. Don't need to waste an MD for that .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans set to confirm Trump-nominated federal judge who compared abortion to slavery

Judge John Bush, who is up for a lifetime appointment presiding over the 6th circuit court, once compared abortion to slavery and called them “the two greatest tragedies in our country” on his extremely right-wing blog where he wrote under the pseudonym “G. Morris.”

he “regretted” many of the opinions expressed there LIAR

and claimed he wouldn’t let his opinions taint his rulings from the bench. LIAR

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/repu...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warnings as GOP Aims to Gut Protections for Endangered Species

House and Senate committees consider bills to roll back longstanding protections for vulnerable plants and animals

Conservation groups are issuing warnings on Wednesday as Congressional committees in both chambers considered Republican-backed bills aimed at weakening the Endangered Species Act.

As National Geographic recently reported, some scientists have "concluded that we may already be amid the sixth mass extinction since the beginning of life on Earth," and "if current trends continue...half of the planet’s species may be on the path to extinction by the end of the century."

"If these dangerous bills are enacted, hundreds of plants and animals will be put on a fast track to extinction," said Brett Hartl, government affairs director at the Center for Biological Diversity.

"These efforts to gut and repeal the Endangered Species Act are deeply unpopular with the American people

who recognize that this incredibly successful law saved the bald eagle, humpback whale, American alligator, and many more species from being lost forever."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/07/19/warnings-gop-aims-gut-protections-endangered-species

The American People don't ing count anymore in the America of unstoppable oligarchy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Head Of America’s Largest Teachers’ Union Just Accused Trump Of Reinstating Segregation

Comparing President Trump’s controversial Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos to a climate change denier, the head of the American Federation of Teachers said her push for taxpayer-funded vouchers, tuition tax credits, and other plans are “only slightly more polite cousins of segregation.”

The real purpose of vouchers, tax credits, and private, for-profit charter schools, charges AFT President Randi Weingarten is to “hide a dangerous ideological agenda” that promotes racial and economic segregation, while it “destabilizes public schools.”

Weingarten said many private schools do discriminate because they are exempt from federal civil rights laws.

In Trump’s proposal for the 2018 budget,

$1.8 billion would go to what the administration calls “expanded school choices.”

At the same time, the

Trump budget would cut $9 billion, about 13 percent of the department’s funding, from about 20 programs that would help gifted students and disabled students, among others, who attend public schools.

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07...g-segregation/

well, duh. Charter schools are very big in the Confederacy, for the above reason.

Thread Information