Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More news about the EPA, Environmental POLLUTION Agency

Why EPA proposal to put high-polluting diesel trucks back on American roadways is a bad move

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is once again in the spotlight, this time by its proposing to

allow high-polluting diesel “glider” trucks to operate on America’s roads.

A glider truck is one where an older, high-polluting engine is attached to a new chassis and the entire package is then sold as new.

https://alankandel.scienceblog.com/2...is-a-bad-move/

Repugs and Dems are not equivalent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Narrowly OKs Trump Judicial Pick With Rare ‘Not Qualified’ ABA Rating

On a party-line vote of 50-48, the Republican-led Senate backed Leonard Steven Grasz to serve on the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/senate-approves-trump-judicial-pick-not-qualified-rating?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_c ampaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $700B for the MIC, $0 for CHIP.

There's not even discussion of renewing CHIP, while Repugs obsess about enriching the oligarchy, for whom the poor, any color skin, are totally disposable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest threat to the resistance you never heard of

SLAPP stands for “Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation.” It is a lawsuit brought by big corporations intended to censor, intimidate, and silence critics by burdening them with the overwhelming costs of a legal defense until they’re forced to abandon their criticism or opposition.

In August, Energy Transfer Partners, the company behind that pipeline, filed a similar RICO case against Greenpeace en ies and two other defendants over Standing Rock. The suit accuses them of participating in a sprawling criminal conspiracy to disrupt business and defraud donors. The lawsuit even alleges they support eco-terrorism and engage in drug trafficking.

The lawsuit claims Greenpeace cost the company $300 million. Since RICO claims en le plaintiffs to recover triple damages, the case potentially could cost Greenpeace $900 million. That would be the end of Greenpeace.

Just by filing the suits, Energy Transfer Partners and Resolute are trying to drain environmental groups of time, energy, and resources they need, so they can’t continue to fight to protect the environment.

Connect the dots, and consider the chilling effect SLAPP suits are having on any group seeking to protect public health, worker’s rights, and even our democracy.

Who’s behind all of this?

Both the lawsuits I just mentioned were

filed by Michael Bowe. He is also a member of Donald Trump’s personal legal team.

Bowe has publicly stated that he’s in conversations with other corporations considering filing their own SLAPP lawsuits.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/13/the...ever-heard-of/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump floats dramatic cuts to children’s programs

President Donald Trump wants to significantly reduce spending on children’s education and health care.

Released Tuesday by the Urban Ins ute, the analysis found that the proposed budget would

reduce federal spending on

education by 15 percent,

children’s health care spending by 10 percent and

spending on child-related nutrition by 9 percent.

The cuts to funding for children's programs would help offset the estimated $1 trillion deficit the Trump tax plan would create.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...266021&page=22

The "Trump tax plan" was DOA in Congress. The Repug tax plan for oligarchy enrichment/empowerment, which Trash will sign, is the accurate name.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxpayers funded the fraudulent for-profit scam colleges, but ...

Betsy DeVos halts debt relief for defrauded students

Students who were victims of fraud won’t be granted loan relief anymore

The U.S. Department of Education put a halt on student loan debt cancellations for student who were victims of fraud by for-profit colleges —

leaving many students in the dark about their loan status without an official announcement

“Hundreds of thousands of students were defrauded and cheated by predatory colleges that broke the law, but today’s report confirms

Secretary DeVos tried to shirk her responsibility to these students and

shut down the borrower-defense program, leaving them with nowhere to turn,” Murray, the senior Democrat on the Education Committee,

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/13/betsy-devos-halts-debt-relief-for-defrauded-students/

... while the Repugs plan to raise taxes on the indebted people by killing the interest deduction on student loans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not an Onion satire!

Trump’s mining regulator nominee was once dropped by the agency for doing “junk” work

Steven Gardner was accused of sabotaging the Office of Surface Mining. Now he’s likely to be its next chief

President Donald Trump’s choice to head a federal coal mine regulator, like more than one of his nominees, is a vocal critic of the very agency he’s being asked to lead. Steven Gardner is a longtime coal industry consultant

in Gardner’s case, there is an unusual — and contentious — twist:

He runs an engineering firm that produced a report as part of the process of preparing that regulation, and

the agency deemed it so shoddy that it cut ties with Gardner’s company. Now he’s the nominee to head that agency, the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement.

blasted it as “nonsensical,” “junk,” “inaccurate and incomplete,” and “a piece of crap.”

Some OSMRE staff members went so far as to accuse Gardner of trying to sabotage the regulation his firm was hired to help develop.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/13/tru...-work_partner/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inspector general: Betsy DeVos hasn't canceled a single defrauded student loan this entire year

According to a report by the inspector general, DeVos also brought the existing cancellation process to a crawl.

Since Trump’s inauguration on Jan. 20, the department has received 25,991 claims for discharging loans.

It has denied two requests and approved none, the inspector general, an independent auditor within the agency, found.

The inspector general also found the department did not have a sufficient information system and had to manually retrieve claims data.

“Hundreds of thousands of students were defrauded and cheated by predatory colleges that broke the law,

but today’s report confirms Secretary DeVos tried to shirk her responsibility to these students and shut down the borrower-defense program,

leaving them with nowhere to turn,” said Senator Patty Murray, the senior Democrat on the Education Committee.

To put that into perspective, Obama’s Department of Education received almost twice as many claims and approved almost 28,000 of them. Of course,

this is what happens when you appoint someone from the predatory loan business to oversee the abuses of the predatory loan system.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...s-entire-year?
    detail=emaildkre

=================

Thanks to Betsy DeVos, a private student loan CEO will be overseeing your federal student loans

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-student-loans
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-13-2017 at 05:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats it boo..let it all out. let it all out. no good to keep all that anger bottled up inside
    you repugs cant hold him down

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ALEC Gives Top Award to Legislator Jailed for Trying to Sneak Loaded Gun on to Plane

Firearms are only allowed on planes if they are unloaded and properly stored in checked baggage,

but Lori Saine thought she was above the law.

Saine was arrested Wednesday at the Denver International Airport for trying to bring a loaded semi-automatic handgun through security.

Saine was charged with a sixth-degree felony. If convicted, she could face up to 18 months in jail and a fine of up to $100,000.

https://www.alternet.org/right-wing/...aded-gun-plane

Religion and gun fellatin makes you in stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s controversial EPA nominee withdraws following GOP objections

Michael Dourson was tapped to oversee the EPA’s chemical safety division despite his ties to the chemicals industry

Michael Dourson, a researcher whose work had been

frequently used by chemical companies to downplay the hazards posed by their products

, has withdrawn his name from consideration to oversee the Environmental Protection Agency's chemical safety division.

Dourson became the target of substantial opposition from both Democrats and public health advocacy groups when his nomination was announced, according to NBC News.

The concern was that, because he had spent decades conducting research that chemicals companies used to allay public concerns about the safety risks posed by their products,

Dourson might not be impartial enough

to effectively serve the public's interest in his position at the Environmental Protection Agency.

"Instead of draining the swamp, [Trump] has filled it up with some of the swampiest creatures ever. And it keeps getting scarier — Michael Dourson might be the worst yet.

Dr. Dourson has made a career of creating junk science for industry,"

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/14/trumps-controversial-epa-nominee-withdraws-following-gop-objections/

One fox shooed away from the hen house, There Will Be More

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Hoo boy’: Democratic senator ridicules Trump judicial nominee unable to answer basic legal questions

Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (RI) took to Twitter on Thursday night to mock one of President Donald Trump’s judicial nominees, posting a clip of a current member of the Federal Election Commission who has been nominated for a spot on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

a clip of Trump nominee Matthew Spencer Petersen struggling to respond to basic legal questions from the Judiciary Committee, with the Democratic senator adding at the end at the end of his tweet: “hoo boy.”

Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA) pressed Petersen who finally had to admit he had never taken a deposition by himself or argued a motion in state or federal court.

Under further questioning on basic legal terms, Petersen demurred and was unable to answer, once stating, “Yes…my background is not in litigation,”

before later attempting to get completely out of answering the question by saying, “I would probably not be able to give you a good definition right here at the table.”

Asked about to two basic abstention doctrines, Petersen offered that he was aware of them but was unable to describe their applications on a federal court.

Followers of Whithouse were equally appalled with one writing,

“I can’t even. this is a joke. I was more qualified than this ‘nominee’ when I was a law clerk before I even passed the bar. Thank you for exposing this farce.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/hoo-boy-democratic-senator-ridicules-trump-judicial-nominee-unable-to-answer-basic-legal-questions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to the Repug White Male Supremacy / Christian Sharia's Ministry of Truth

The Trump administration sent the CDC a list of banned words, including transgender and fetus

In some cases, there were alternatives for terms, such as

replacing "science-based" with “community standards and wishes."

Those words were

“fetus,” “en lement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “vulnerable,” “evidence-bas
    ed” and “science-based.”

https://thinkprogress.org/banned-wor...-09d25a7539fc/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EPA signs no-bid deal with GOP oppo research team to 'shape press coverage'

the Environmental Protection Agency has hired a leading Republican opposition research firm to “track and shape press coverage of the agency.”

The $120,000 no-bid contract is with Definers Group, founded by Matt Rhoades.

An EPA spokeswoman said the Definers contract is for “media monitoring/newsclip compilation.”

Given the awful record that EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt has been chalking up since he took over the job, and the media attention he’s been getting for it, going on the attack against the media with the help of taxpayer-funded professionals is no surprise.

And that’s what can be expected from Definers, perhaps deploying a more sophisticated version of the “fake news! fake news!” mantra offered daily by Pr*sid*nt Trump.

Along with some smears of critics of the Trump regime’s EPA.

Definers will no doubt do what it can to keep its fingerprints off those attacks.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1724743

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another group that Trash is screwing

The coal miner’s president: Trump moves to weaken black lung protections

Trump praised coal miners on the campaign trail, but hasn’t been treating them well in office

President Donald Trump is considering weakening a regulation intended to protect the health of one of the demographics he has often claimed to care most about — America's coal miners.

A notice labeled "Regulatory Reform of Existing Standards and Regulations; Retrospective Study of Respirable Coal Mine Dust Rule" was published on Thursday by the White House for the Labor Department’s Mine Safety and Health Administration, according to the Charleston Gazette-Mail.

The stated purpose of the reevaluation would be to determine how a 2014 rule passed under President Barack Obama regulating coal miners' exposure to coal dust

"could be improved or made more effective or less burdensome."

Murray Energy — whose owner, Bob Murray, was a major Trump backer in the 2016 election — released a statement saying that it is "pleased that the Federal Mine Safety and Health Administration is reexamining the Obama administration’s Respirable Dust Rule, which fails to protect coal miners in any way."
    In spite of a 1969 law that increased coal mine safety requirements, more than 76,000 coal miners throughout America died of black lung disease between 1968 and 2014. Many of those deaths occurred among coal miners whose entire mining careers took place after the 1969 law had taken effect.

Trump may have let his true feelings about coal miners be known during a Playboy interview in 1990, however.

"The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son," Trump told Playboy. "If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination — or whatever — to leave their mine. They don’t have 'it.'"

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/15/the...g-protections/

Mining industry support for killing the rule is proof that Trash's Labor Dept approves dead miners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion and gun fellatin makes you in stupid.
    wow, what a bold statement and very broad reaching.

sitting on ST posting article after article while having HRC/Bernie fellation makes you in stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rotten Eggs: USDA Reverses Organic Animal Welfare Policy

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) proposed a new rule on Friday that shelves a previous rule that would have set minimal living conditions for hens that produce eggs certified as “USDA Organic”.

Under this new rule,

chickens that produce organic eggs need not be treated any more humanely than those raised on factory farms.

On January 19, 2017– the day before Trump was inaugurated– the USDA had adopted a rulethat would have set some basic animal welfare standards for organic livestock and poultry products.

In addition to avian living conditions, the rule included provisions for livestock handling and transport for slaughter, and expanded and clarified requirements for livestock care and production practices, and for mammalian living conditions.

The measures were initially due to come into effect in March, but were delayed by the incoming administration..

According to a recent Consumer Reports survey, 60% of those surveyed believe it is highly important that the animals used to produce organic food are raised on farms with high standards of animal welfare.

And 83% of consumers who identify themselves as regularly buying organic eggs say it’s highly important that hens who produce organic eggs are allowed to move freely outdoors.

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017...+capitalism%29

Just another " That Knitter" move (and Americans, and chickens, too)

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-18-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Trump Administration Word Ban Extends to Other Federal Agencies. Its Ongoing Assault on Science Is Much Worse.

If only the banning of "science-based" and "diversity" was the worst thing the Trump administration has done to science.

the administration intends to pull funding from science-based HIV/AIDS prevention initiatives that work to promote abstinence-only programs instead,

even though peer-reviewed research
    consistently finds that abstinence-only programs do not delay sexual activity or change other sexual risk behaviors.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke summoned the head of Joshua Tree National Park to his office for a tongue lashing over tweets the park had sent out referencing climate change.

That’s right: the park director flew across the country to be reprimanded for a couple of tweets, in order to send a message to all park directors:

talking about climate change is
    verboten.

The EPA banned scientists who receive EPA grants—the ones the agency has decided do the most promising environmental and public health research—from providing science advice to the agency.

The Department of Interior is
    trying to defund and prevent public access to the US Geological Survey library system.

The White House has no science advisor, and the president’s Office of Science and Technology Policy is a ghost town.

The administration has shut down studies where it expects it won’t like the outcome:

on
    climate change in the tropics,

on
    teen pregnancy prevention, and

on the
    health risks of surface coal mining in West Virginia.

Science agencies are targeted across the board for severe budget cuts.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/12/17/trump-administration-word-ban-extends-other-federal-agencies-its-ongoing-assault

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigCorp and US military preparing for climate change, Mar-a-Lago going under water, but Repugs ...

Trash will drop climate change from US National Security Strategy

The Trump administration will drop climate change from a list of global threats in a new National Security Strategy the president is due to unveil on Monday.

Instead, Trump’s NSS paper will emphasis the need for the US to regain its economic compe iveness in the world.

That stance represents a sharp change from the Obama administration’s NSS, which placed climate change as one of the main dangers facing the nation and made building international consensus on containing global warming a national security priority.

White House officials said on Sunday the Trump NSS was the culmination of

11 months of collaboration between all the leading security, foreign policy and economic agencies of government. so serious and credible!

The exclusion of climate change as a national security threat appears however to conflict with views previously expressed by the defense secretary, James

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...urity-strategy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Public radio normalizes Trump’s misleading response to deadly train crash

This is how the media normalizes the abnormal.

“President Trump saying today he is offering his thoughts and prayers for those involved in a derailment in Washington state,” the MPR host said.

“The president thanked the first responders at the scene and said the White House is monitoring the situation.

His thoughts came in a tweet Monday about the derailment that officials say killed at least six people.”

But there’s just one problem — Trump’s response was nowhere near as measured and “presidential” as MPR would have its listeners believe.

Trump’s initial response to the derailment was not in fact to offer “thoughts and prayers,” but to shamelessly politicize the trag

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA

shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly.

Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East

while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!

12:41 PM - Dec 18, 2017

The budget Trump proposed earlier this year included

drastic cuts to Amtrak, including a $928 million cut in transit construction grants and

a $630 million cut in subsidies for long-distance Amtrak routes.

https://thinkprogress.org/minnesota-...-557b3cd9048a/

Any hear or see that Trash wants to stop or cut spending his $7T in the M/E?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cut taxes raise spending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    koriwhat and booboo deserve each other. they're the same thing except booboo also spams articles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Temperatures Fall, No Halt To Evictions Across Most Of The Country

There are about 12,000 eviction cases each year in Milwaukee County, and more than an estimated 2.7 million evictions across the country.

Many of those evictions take place in the winter, when temperatures fall below freezing. Some countries, such as France, Austria and Poland, prohibit removing people from their homes when it's so cold. But that's not the case in the United States. A few places, like Maryland and Washington, D.C., postpone evictions when it's below freezing and over the holidays, although those places are the exception rather than the rule.

In Wisconsin, the state legislature passed a law in 2011 that expressly prohibits local governments from imposing eviction moratoriums.

( WI is Repug Kockistan. The Kock Bros personal experiment if ing people over, run by Kock sucker Scott Walker)

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/18/570796464/as-temperatures-fall-no-halt-to-evictions-across-most-of-the-country

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump judicial nominee Matthew Petersen withdraws after viral hearing video

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/18/politi...aws/index.html

There's plenty more where this joke asshole came from, a Trash/Repug insult to the judicial branch.

Thread Information