Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FCC to halt expansion of broadband subsidies for poor people

Pai won't approve new applications, drops court defense of Lifeline broadband order.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/fcc-to-halt-expansion-of-broadband-subsidies-for-poor-people/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FCC to halt expansion of broadband subsidies for poor people

Pai won't approve new applications, drops court defense of Lifeline broadband order.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/03/fcc-to-halt-expansion-of-broadband-subsidies-for-poor-people/
    This guy is so horrible lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans Ax Worker Protections Against Wage Theft

“By repealing these protections, Mr. Trump and congressional Republicans let contractors with even the worst track records off the hook–a punch in the gut to workers, taxpayers, and law-abiding businesses," said Christine Owens, executive director of the National Employment Law Project

An Obama-era rule requiring federal contractors to disclose violations of worker safety and wage laws when bidding on contracts is the latest casualty of the Trump administration.

President Donald Trump signed a joint resolution Monday nullifying the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces rule.

Issued by the Obama administration in 2014, the rule was designed to safeguard workers by making sure federal contracts didn’t go to companies that habitually violate labor laws by unlawfully failing to pay overtime and minimum wages, denying lunch breaks, or forcing employees to work off the clock.

The Trump administration and congressional Republicans rolled back the Obama-era regulation after business groups, including the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, complained in a letter to Congress last month that the Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces rule “tie[s] up law-abiding employers in red tape,” amounting to “blacklisting” for certain contractors.

Labor advocates and Democrats said Trump is ignoring the need for safe and fair workplaces by siding with corporations.

https://rewire.news/article/2017/03/...ality+Check%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just getting started

E.P.A. Chief, Rejecting Agency’s Science, Chooses Not to Ban Insecticide

Scott Pruitt, the head of the Environmental Protection Agency, moved late on Wednesday to reject the scientific conclusion of the agency’s own chemical safety experts who under the Obama administration recommended that one of the nation’s most widely used insecticides be permanently banned at farms nationwide because of the harm it potentially causes children and farm workers.

The chemical was banned in 2000 for use in most household settings, but still today is used at about 40,000 farms on about 50 different types of crops, ranging from almonds to apples.

Late last year, and based in part on research conducted at Columbia University, E.P.A. scientists concluded that exposure to the chemical that has been in use since 1965 was potentially causing significant health consequences.

They included learning and memory declines, particularly among farm workers and young children who may be exposed through drinking water and other sources.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/us/politics/epa-insecticide-chlorpyrifos.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

"needs more study"

Saving bees? they're gone

taking lead, etc out of the water of 100s communities that equal or exceed Flint? no. poison those brains for life.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet you focus on GMOs...

This is why people like you ruin the studies on really bad stuff.
    Wolf, Wolf, wolf, strike 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our corporate oligarchy has officially evolved into a kleptocracy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet you focus on GMOs...

This is why people like you ruin the studies on really bad stuff.
    Wolf, Wolf, wolf, strike 3.
    just another -ASSED take by our resident -assed taker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our corporate oligarchy has officially evolved into a kleptocracy.
    ... was done YEARS ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kansas governor vetoes Medicaid expansion, leaving 150,000 poor residents uncovered

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...expansion-veto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just another -ASSED take by our resident -assed taker.
    Oh...

Big AssTakers.

Recognizing BigPiecesof ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is poised to gut online privacy, and his most devoted trolls are very unhappy

Anonymous internet trolls are worried.

Of all the cons uencies that supported Donald Trump last November—working class white voters; anti-establishmentarians; the Ku Klux Klan—perhaps none displayed more unwavering, unyielding loyalty than his army of online trolls.

You know the ones: the Pepe-loving, hashtag-tweeting deplorables.

They weaponized memes the way political operatives typically weaponize phone banks, and their effectiveness was rewarded by the loving embrace of Donald Trump himself, who bent over backwards to engage with the internet’s most vile users.

Even as some voters began expressing remorse for entrusting a misogynistic failed businessman with improving their health care and saving jobs, Trump’s army of trolls—on 4chan, on gab.ai, and, most notably, on the r/The_Donald subreddit—remained steadfast.

At least, until this week.

For a group of people whose cretinous online behavior is predicated on remaining largely anonymous, such a disruption would be unwelcome to say the least. And the fact that the Trump administration has vowed to sign such a bill into law has proven to be a very triggering turn of events.

Now, users in Donald Trump’s online safe spaces are cycling through all seven stages of grief.

Shock:

This is an attack against freedom. I want to make my own decisions about my life, not others, and that includes my private info as well. this is total bs, the house giving in to the business “establishment”, Pres Trump should stop this!!!!!

Denial:

I’m completely against this bill. Trump would never put something this idiotic through though. It’s all Paul Ryan and his cooperate shills.

Anger:

Trump needs to VETO this . This wreaks of swamp water and is definitely not part of MAGA.

Bargaining:

This is big, I’m very disappointed in it, it’s one of my top issues. But immigration, budget cuts, repealing Obamacare (and NOT getting in Ryancare), and Draining The Swamp are bigger, especially in aggregate.

Pain:

This bill will not be vetoed…Oh me. man.

Depression:

“So what do we do if Trump doesn’t veto? Do we still support him?”

And finally, acceptance:

“Hey man, this is deregulation! This is what Trump promised, it’s what he campaigned on.”

But this is Donald Trump we’re talking about, a scam artist who bilked hundreds of people by creating a fraudulent university atop a charter of “trust me, I got this.”

Is it any wonder, then, that some Trump supporters still assume the president knows what he’s doing, even when all the evidence suggests otherwise?

“Can’t help it, but getting rid of Obama-sneaky BS is a good thing,” writes another Breitbart commenter. “That scoundrel had to be up to something censorious, anti-freedom or something similar.”

https://thinkprogress.org/gutting-on...p-9f1f58f43a37

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Change Libel Laws?’ Trump Slams New York Times and Threatens Media in New Tweet

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

The failing @nytimes has disgraced the media world. Gotten me wrong for two solid years. Change libel laws? http://nypost.com/2017/03/27/the-new-york-times-ongoing-dishonesty-only-helps-trump/amp/ …

the president is revisiting the idea of loosening libel laws.

While
    on the campaign trail, Trump suggested it would make it easier for him to sue newspapers who wrote unfavorable coverage of him.

Trump is known for threatening lawsuits and sometimes following through against en ies who do things he doesn’t like.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/chang...-in-new-tweet/

Bully can't fight his own fights, throws money at, hides behind lawyers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...el-laws-236694

The Donald will probably have his people figure out a way to make taxpayers provide the funding if he launches lawsuits. The guy is just solidly transfixed on specific topics. It's like someone has messed with his hair, it's that bad.

Obessive compulsive disorder enabled by $ it seems.

Did Obama pick up Breitbart every morning just to get enraged?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Jr. pal and another US businessman asked security council to lift Venezuela sanctions

Two businessmen with ties to the Trump family met with former national security adviser Michael Flynn and White House chief strategist Steve Bannon several times to discuss lifting sanctions on Venezuela.

Newly revealed do ents show Texas financier Gentry Beach and international investor Wade Habboush met with Flynn five days before he resigned over his contacts with the Russian ambassador,

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/dona...ctions-report/

The corruption will be unpresidented

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    East Chicago lead crisis highlights risk of proposed EPA cuts

“I thought we had regulations in place to protect us from pollution like this.”

In July, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) sent her a letter that said the soil in her front and back yards contained high concentrations of lead and arsenic. Officials from the EPA had taken soil samples more than a year previously, but Jimenez hadn’t heard from them since.

“I was angry and confused,” Jimenez said. “I thought we had regulations in place to protect us from pollution like this.”

Jimenez lives in East Chicago about a mile from the USS Lead smelting facility, now an EPA Superfund site. Lead pollution has endangered families, slashed property values and forced some residents to evacuate their homes. Locals have criticized the EPA for not addressing the problem sooner, and they are worried about President Trump’s proposed cuts to the agency’s budget.

Jimenez said that, based on data from the county assessor, the value of their home dropped in half after the area was labeled a Superfund site in 2009. Her home is one of 120 the EPA named for a round of cleanups this spring.

Since finding lead and arsenic concentrations in the soil, EPA officials have has gone door to door warning children not to play in the dirt. Some 20 percent of children under the age of seven living in the western part of the Superfund site had high levels of lead in their blood.

Research shows that there is no safe level of lead in the blood. Exposure to even small amounts of lead can cause irreversible brain damage, leading to lower IQ.

The risks are especially high for children and pregnant women. Miscarriage, behavioral abnormalities and cancer have all been linked to lead or arsenic exposure.

the EPA faces drastic cuts to programs that protect communities from toxic waste. Trump’s proposed budget includes a 42 percent cut to the cleanup of industrial pollution and a 23 percent cut to enforcement.

“States don’t have the funding to do testing or move people,” said Watkins. “It’s very scary to think budget cuts could leave this up to the states, and the EPA could be removed entirely.”

The proposed cuts threaten to further erode trust in the agency. “The EPA permitted the pollution that led to this crisis under their existing authority,” said local artist and activist Frank Thomas. “A weaker EPA is not the solution.”

https://thinkprogress.org/east-chica...ts-2a2296fc334

As the new DNC chair recently said, "The Repugs don't give a about people"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'A dire collapse of hope'

our current opiate epidemic has passed that gruesome marker, racking up 52,404 deaths. Today, opioid-related deaths outnumber those resulting from car accidents or guns.

these are “deaths of despair,” and combined with deaths from alcohol and suicide they have resulted in an alarming increase in the mortality rate of white, non-Hispanic Americans in mid-life.

To be more exact, Case and Deaton found that middle-aged, non-Hispanic Americans without a college degree experience a significantly higher mortality rate than those in advanced countries like the United Kingdom or Germany.

While everyone else in the United States is getting healthier and living longer, it’s that segment of whites who accounted for “half a million deaths” between 1999 and 2013.

To scientists, the sudden die-off in middle-of-the-road white Americans cons utes

a phenomenon “unprecedented in the annals of public health among developed nations”

with the exception of the post-U.S.S.R. deaths of Russian males and, in some ways, the first shock waves of the AIDs crisis in the early 1980s.

The causes of the increase in mortality and morbidity among white, non-Hispanics (WNH) seem to be equal parts economic inequality, with its accompanying lack of economic progress among WNH, and the opiod epidemic that has spread across the nation.

The increase in mortality among WNH is centered mostly among those lacking higher education and appears to have few geographical restrictions.

Joseph Stiglitz lays much of the blame for the increase in deaths from suicide, drugs, and alcoholism on our growing economic inequality, and on the high price we, as a nation, pay for medical care which, for too long, has put it out of the reach of those who need it most.

Stiglitz also mentions the increase in mortality that occurred in Russia after the dissolution of the USSR.

The declining health of middle-aged white Americans may also shed light on the intensity of the political reaction taking place on the right today.

The role of suicide, drugs, and alcohol in the white midlife mortality reversal is

a signal of heightened desperation among a population in measurable decline.

We are not talking merely about “status anxiety” due to rising immigrant populations and changing racial and gender relations. Nor are we talking only about stagnation in wages as if the problem were merely one of take-home pay. The phenomenon Case and Deaton have identified

suggests a dire collapse of hope, and that same collapse may be propelling support for more radical political change.

Much of that support is now going to Republican candidates, notably Donald Trump.

Whether Democrats can compete effectively for that support on the basis of substantive economic and social policies will crucially affect the country’s political future.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...llapse-of-hope

"support is now going to
    Republican candidates" who as Congressionals, put together a MASS MURDER AHCA plan.

America the beautifully CRAPIFIED

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-03-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Repug FCC promoting ing CHOICE!

FCC limits order on Charter extending broadband service

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-charter-idUSKBN1751LQ?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

Ajit Pai SUCKS at similes.

Comcast is so bad, Charter would have to work hard to be as bad or worse. Maybe they are are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FCC Chairman Furthers Network Industry Monopoly over Video Services

An investigation launched by the FCC on January 17, 2017 concluded that AT&T and Verizon were in violation of the Open Internet Order and the Telecommunications Act of 1996 for providing favorable pricing for their zero-rate service to their in-house content providers. The service allowed providers like AT&T’s DirecTV to be accessed free of charge by the consumer, while other providers would have to pay a premium to offer their content for free through these networks.

On February 3, new FCC chairman, former Verizon lawyer, Ajit Pai rescinded the investigation, in favor of the zero rate programs.

In order to stay compe ive with AT&T and Verizon’s free content, third party content creators must also deliver theirs for free to the consumer.

AT&T and Verizon currently own over 67 per cent of the United States network market, forcing

most third parties to distribute their content through them.

As most of them cannot pay the premiums charged by these networks, they must charge the consumer to view their content.

The consumer will then gravitate to the free content delivered by the networks,

effectively beginning the monopolization of the video distribution industry.

On March 1, 2017, both Verizon and AT&T announced they are going to expand their zero-rate services to encompass more of their own content. This will affect anyone who watches US video content, as independent content creators die off.

http://projectcensored.org/fcc-chair...ideo-services/

"free market"! Repug consumers, innovations, small businesses at every chance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Trump Voters Hate This Bill He Just Signed

The GOP measure erasing broadband privacy protections is even more unpopular than the party’s failed plan to repeal Obamacare.

WASHINGTON ― President Donald Trump signed a bill on Monday that repeals rules that would have banned telecom and cable companies from sharing customers’ personal information, including web browsing history, without their consent.

But the vast majority of Americans—including Trump supporters—don’t think internet service providers should be allowed to share customers’ sensitive data without their permission at all, according to a HuffPost/YouGov survey published Monday.

Prior to the president signing the bill into law,

nearly three-fourths of Republicans and Democrats said they wanted him to veto it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...923b0d94a?trj&

yet again confirming the Princton oligarchy paper: Repugs pander to the preference of their BigDonor, while ignoring the preferences of their voters 99% of the time.

btw, no dog-and-pony watch-me show by Trash who signed the bill with nobody around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s Expected Pick To Lead The Army Sponsored Anti-LGBTQ Bill In Tennessee

It’s a big change from President Barack Obama’s Army secretary, who was the first openly gay person to hold the job.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0b3918c8549c1

He's probably warriors-will-be-warriors pro-rape, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump Defunds Global Maternal Health Organization

Last year the funding helped prevent an estimated 10,000 maternal deaths and 100,000 unsafe abortions.

Trump’s administration halted all U.S. grants to the United Nations Population Fund, an international humanitarian aid organization that provides reproductive health care and works to end child marriage and female genital cutting in more than 150 countries.

The State Department invoked the 1985 Kemp-Kasten Amendment, which he said will ensure that “U.S. taxpayer dollars do not fund organizations or programs that support or participate in the management of a program of coercive abortion or involuntary sterilization.”

The UNFPA does not provide or promote abortions. The organization works in China to make reproductive health program voluntary and rights-based and has advocated against the country’s one-child policy. The Trump administration did not explain exactly how it determined that the UNFPA violated any U.S. law.

Trump’s move will pull $76 million from the UNFPA ― about 7 percent of its budget. In 2016, the funding provided access to contraceptives to 800,000 people around the world and prevented an estimated 100,000 unsafe abortions and 10,000 maternal deaths, according to the organization.

At the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan, for instance, UNFPA-supported health providers have managed to deliver more than 7,000 babies without a single maternal death.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0b3918c831b79

Trash doesn't GAF about women's health, or abortions.

He's throwing bones with this, and the GAG rule, to satisfy Christian Taliban who are pro-birth, not pro-life, and of course, misogynist, like all Repugs and their supporters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump’s donation to the National Park Service is nothing more than a publicity stunt

In order for the president to make up for his proposed $1.6 billion budget cuts to the Interior Department, which will almost certainly hinder the everyday “maintenance of national parks and historic sites,” he would need to donate roughly his next 20,425 paychecks,

the proposed budget 12 percent cuts to the Interior Department stand to eliminate funding for 49 National Heritage Areas. It would also substantially decrease funding for public land acquisition offices.

http://www.salon.com/2017/04/04/dona...blicity-stunt/

Like all Repugs, Trash insults his supporters' limited intelligence, but that's appropriate, because they are ing stupid to believe his non-stop bull .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Jeff Sessions’ Police Review Means for Federal Reform

For nearly 25 years, the federal government has been investigating police departments for patterns of uncons utional policing, and compelling them to reform through court-enforced agreements.

Now, in one of his first acts as attorney general, Jeff Sessions seems poised to

abandon the only tool that the federal government has to force structural change in troubled departments.

“It is not the responsibility of the federal government to manage non-federal law enforcement agencies,”

Sessions said he wanted to ensure the agreements don’t conflict with the Trump administration’s priorities, which include protecting the public, promoting officer safety, morale and public respect for their work;

and respecting civil rights. From a life-long RACIST from AL

He added that the “misdeeds of individual bad actors” shouldn’t be used to undermine officers or agencies, and that local departments were best placed to implement best policing practices.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/ar...ederal-reform/

Repugs ing America, Americans in to un ability.

Sessions will gut the DoJ civil rights division like dubya did, no enforcement of civil rights, esp not for knitters, Mexicans.

Sessions LIES about isolated rotten cops. Entire depts, plus the DAs, prosecutors are systemically colluding, corrupt, murderous, untouchable.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-06-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From a newsletter

Donald Trump’s budget director Mick Mulvaney recently declared climate change science research “a waste of your money.” Moments ago, the Environmental Protection Agency acted on that radical vision.

Bloomberg
    is reporting that climate denier Scott Pruitt's EPA is eliminating its programs designed to help states cope with the catastrophic efforts of climate change.

After issuing an executive order to dismantle President Obama’s climate action legacy, Donald Trump is now going after climate preparedness, leaving the most vulnerable areas without critical funds.

Today’s news is the latest front in Trump’s war on science. From pushing an unprecedented 31% cut to the EPA’s budget to censoring science from an agency office’s mission statement, Trump and Pruitt are rolling back decades of progress.

And just last week, Trump’s appointees ignored the EPA’s scientists to rubber stamp a controversial pesticide.

Christine Todd Whitman, the first EPA administrator under President George W. Bush, called this agenda to undermine the EPA “a threat to the health and well-being of all Americans.”
    ===============

A vast majority of Human-Americans PREFER environmental defense, while Corporate-Americans want to destroy the environment for profit.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-13-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vanita Gupta and Corey Stoughton at The New York Times write—Don’t Let Jeff Sessions Undermine Police Reform:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions recently ordered a review of federal agreements with a number of local law enforcement agencies aimed at reforming troubled departments.

As a first step, the Justice Department on Monday asked a judge to delay a consent decree that would overhaul Baltimore’s police force.

On its face, Mr. Sessions’s order simply asks whether the consent decrees promote public safety, support officers, respect local control and are warranted.

But underlying the order is the Trump administration’s belief that efforts to align police practices with the Cons ution have compromised public safety and thrown police officers under the bus.

This couldn’t be farther from the truth.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...-grabbing-tape

A Federal judge blocked life-long racist Sessions' attempt to kill Baltimore agreed-to consent degree, which is why Repugs want pollute the Federal judgeship with extreme right wing activist assholes.

Thread Information