Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EPA chief gets it backward: It's Trump, not Obama, who offers a false choice on jobs vs. environment

“The president has sent a clear message that the last eight years, where we had to choose between jobs and the environment — those days are over.” [...]

“Two weeks ago we were at the EPA, joined by 40 or so coal miners from Pennsylvania. They were emotional about it because the war on coal ended; the war on fossil fuels ended,” Pruitt said.

“And this false choice between jobs and growth and the environment, we have rejected that,” he added.

Pruitt is right about one thing. The idea that we must pick between protecting the environment and having good jobs is, most definitely, a “false choice.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/04/13/1652875/-EPA-chief-gets-it-backward-It-s-Trump-not-Obama-who-offers-a-false-choice-on-jobs-vs-environment?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos %29

Pruitt, just another piece of lying and BigOil from Oklahoma.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pruitt will guarantee that no more EPA people will do studies like this one

Chemicals Found in Many U.S. Streams: Study

Tests for more than 700 chemicals in 38 waterways turned up surprising combinations with unknown effects

The mixture of pollutants in many U.S. streams are more complicated and potentially more dangerous than previously thought,

Researchers checked for 719 organic chemicals in water samples from 38 streams across the United States

Every stream -- even those in wild and uninhabited areas -- had at least one of the chemicals and some had as many as 162,

The detected chemicals included: insecticides and herbicides, along with byproducts from their degradation; antibacterials such as triclosan; and medications such as antihistamines and the diabetes drug metformin.
    Some of the chemicals were often detected together in streams.

https://medlineplus.gov/news/fullstory_164608.html

What Pruitt keeps us from knowing can't hurt us, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Betsy DeVos Pitches Voucher Schools at Only Public School Protesters Can't Get To: A Military Base

DeVos promotes privatization at military bases, religious schools and charter schools.

http://www.alternet.org/education/be...oucher-schools

VRWC crapifying public education to enrich capitalists

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Gives States The Okay To Defund Planned Parenthood

He overturned Barack Obama’s rule protecting the family planning provide

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...d%20Parenthood

Good.
    Planned Parenthood should never have made it past the civil rights movement tbh. Black genocide centers are unAmerican to say the least. Let alone, pregnancy clinics for idiots that don't know what happens if you in some ovaries are not full service health care providers as the Left tries to position it as.

If you want your pills, get them through your ACA. If you can't afford rubbers, or pills, you really can't afford sex if the potential of having a kid kills you and then you will have to kill the kid.

#POTUSgettingResults

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trash says no money for Head Start, but plenty to ramp up his deportation force

These plans could be held up by the prohibitive costs outlined in the internal report and resistance in Congress where many lawmakers arealready balkingat approving billions in spending on the wall and additional border security

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/12/1652601/-Donald-Trump-says-no-money-for-Head-Start-but-plenty-to-ramp-up-his-deportation-force?detail=email&link_id=13&can_id=4217e8eb109c6 8bd0c2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-cnn-commentator-compares-donald-trump-to-mlk-jr-and-the-response-was-standing-ovation-worthy&email_referrer=cnn-commentator-compares-donald-trump-to-mlk-jr-and-the-response-was-standing-ovation-worthy&email_subject=cnn-commentator-compares-donald-trump-to-mlk-jr-and-the-response-was-standing-ovation-worthy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeVos Fights Scourge of Discrimination

Betsy DeVos finds lawyer who decried discrimination against white people and puts her in charge of the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/devos-fights-scourge-of-discrimination?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=fe ed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House Announces it Will Not Disclose Visitor Logs

“grave national security risks and privacy concerns.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/white-house-announces-it-will-not-disclose-visitor-logs/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the racist, bigoted PRICK from AL in action

Dropping Suit, Trump's DOJ Continues 'Abandoning Transgender Americans'

Justice Dept. on Friday withdraws suit against North Carolina over anti-LGBTQ law

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...nder-americans

... because Christ HATES gots, the Bible says so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Censorship at the Border Threatens Free Speech Everywhere

the Trump administration, under the rubric of “extreme vetting,” is considering taking a further step by mandating that non-citizens disclose their social media handles and passwords and answer questions about ideology as a condition of admission to the country.

The aim is to empower consular and border officials to ensure that would-be visitors to the United States embrace American values, a concept that the Trump administration has not defined.

Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly defended the idea in
    congressional testimony last week.

“If they don’t cooperate,” he said of aspiring visitors, “they can go back.”

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/04/14/censorship-border-threatens-free-speech-everywhere

Repug America is one nasty place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay classy, Repugs, and country down-home

US governor unveils dung on budget plan

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39603371

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Nobody’s got to use the Internet’: GOP’s Sensenbrenner calls Internet optional as FCC readies to limit broadband

As Republican lawmakers continue to defend their decision to vote to roll back a set of broadband privacy rules that would have required internet service providers to ask for permission before collecting user data,

the Federal Communications Commission is readying more drastic changes to the regulatory oversight of the internet.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/nobodys-got-to-use-the-internet-gops-sensenbrenner-calls-internet-optional-as-fcc-readies-to-limit-broadband/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Repug S paid to up for the gouging profits of BigCorp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-17-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump nominated another person to lead an agency they once worked to eliminate

Former Rep. Scott Garrett called the Ex-Im bank “corporate welfare.”

On Friday afternoon, the White House announced that Donald Trump would nominate former Rep. Scott Garrett (R-NJ) to be president of the Export-Import Bank, which he tried to kill two years ago. Garrett called the government bank, whose mission is to boost American exports, a “corporate welfare program.”

Garrett, a founding member of the archconservative House Freedom Kockus, said

the bank “embodies the corruption of the free enterprise system.”

It’s another example of the White House selecting people to run agencies they have worked to kill

https://thinkprogress.org/ex-im-bank-is-corporate-welfare-of-course-ill-lead-it-d00d2d554bb

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A genuine jackass is now the White House 'women's issues' lead. Women should vote their iden y

As if women weren’t having a hard enough time in America, white nationalist Stephen Miller is now the White House ‘point person’ on women’s issues.

The 31-year-old speechwriter [Stephen Miller] is now working closely with Kushner’s Office of American Innovation, as well as on family leave, child care and women’s issues with Kushner’s wife, Ivanka Trump, according to several people involved.

The only public knowledge we have of Stephen Miller’s thoughts about women’s issues is a 2005 op ed he wrote while still in college explaining that the reason women are paid less than men is because women don’t work as hard and don’t get the right jobs...like plumbing and sewer cleaning.

The problem with feminist theory lies with what kind of equality feminists are demanding. Women already have equal rights in this country. They enjoy all the same protections and liberties as men. What feminists demand now is equal results. Case in point: correcting the pay gap.

Feminists love to proclaim that women make only 76 cents for every dollar a man makes. These unequal results, they argue, are proof-positive of widespread gender discrimination. What they don't tell you is that, amazingly, this figure isn't adjusted for hours worked. The pay gap gets a lot smaller when you account for the fact that women work about only 85 percent as many hours as men and are responsible for only 10 percent of all overtime worked.

Women also choose lower-paying professions. Educated women are far more likely than educated men to go into service fields such as teaching and social working-admirable professions but ones that don't pay nearly as well as careers in business.

Men sacrifice much as well. Whether it's plumbing toilets, cleaning up sewers or picking up garbage, men tend to do all the dirty work in society. Naturally, the pay for these professions is given a boost because few people are willing to do them.

Men do the lion's share of the hazardous work, as well. From construction to late-night road repairs to policing the streets, the male work force puts itself in much more danger. Of all work-related deaths in a given year, about 95 percent are men. These high-strain and high-risk jobs pay better than careers requiring similar education but with fewer hazards.

There are still more factors to explain the pay gap-women are less likely to ask for a raise than men, women entered the work force more recently and are less credentialed, women are less likely to work night shifts, many women take off several years after having a child and so on-but the point is that the pay gap has virtually nothing to do with gender discrimination. Sorry, feminists. Hate to break this good news to you.

he is now the White House point person on issues affecting half of the US population.

And. This. Is. Why. Women. Should. Always. Vote. Their. Iden y. Lord knows men do.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opinion: Trump Wants Churches To Be Taxpayer-Funded Republican Super PACs

Repealing the Johnson Amendment will create a loophole in campaign disclosure laws

Trump intends on making American taxpayers subsidize and support evangelical efforts to politicize their pulpits and elect more religious Republicans, while taking unearned en lements that number in the hundreds-of-billions of taxpayer dollars.

In 2013 the number was estimated to be about $82.5 billion annually; it has certainly increased over the past four years.

For an idea of how much that robs the people, since the Meals on Wheels program began in 1974, “The federal government has spent over $150 billion on this grant since its inception.”

Trump had pledged to abolish the Johnson Amendment that bans churches from campaigning for Republicans from the pulpit while enjoying tax exemptions costing taxpayers well over tens-of-billions of dollars every year.

insert the “repeal” in a storied tax reform plan.

Trump will give the religious right free reign to continue robbing billions more from taxpayers to campaign for Republicans who perpetually complain about other Americans getting “free stuff” as justification to cut social programs to save money.

As remuneration to the religious right for helping Russia elect him, Trump will fulfill his vow to totally destroy the Johnson Amendment; a move opponents and this author know will “effectively turn churches into Republican super PACs.”

The move was applauded by evangelicals, particularly chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, Ralph Reed, who claims abolishing the Johnson Amendment was every evangelical’s highest priority in helping elect Trump.

he chairman of the House Ways and Means committee, Kevin Brady (R-TX) pledged in February to insert abolition of the Johnson Amendment in any tax reform legislation.

Brady said:
    “Places of worship across America need to be free to practice their faith without worrying about Washington or the IRS targeting their religious freedom. So in our tax reform we’re going to repeal the damaging effects of the [60 year old] Johnson Amendment once and for all.”

at the uncons utional National Prayer Breakfast and told the faithful precisely what they came to hear:“I will get rid of and totally destroy the Johnson Amendment and allow our representatives of faith to speak freely and without fear of retribution. I will do that, remember.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/04/16/trump-churches-taxpayer-funded-republican-super-pacs.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&ut m_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicu s+USA+%29

More proof that Christian "pastors", evangelicals are venal grifters. Their highest value is their wealth, not Christ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Energy Star ratings are cheap, effective and popular. Why does Trump want to kill them?

Co
    ommercial real estate giant CBRE is always on alert for shifts in federal government policy that might impact its vast property management and investment business.
    But the Los Angeles-based Fortune 500 company never anticipated an effort to eliminate

a voluntary, cost-effective initiative that has saved its customers millions of dollars and had almost no critics.

In a reflection of how much influence a handful of free-market think tanks wield over the White House,

the Trump administration has decided the immensely popular Energy Star program must go.

The fight centers on the Environmental Protection Agency’s 25-year-old effort to boost efficiency in products and services by encouraging companies to compete for coveted, government-issued labels that certify a product or property meets high standards

Functioning like a government seal of approval, the Energy Star program costs taxpayers a pittance and is widely beloved by the 16,000 companies and organizations that participate.

Now it is fast becoming a test case of how committed the Trump administration is to pursuing

the agenda of once-fringe groups seeking to slash government programs wherever they can.

“Never in my wildest thoughts have I considered something like this,”

emerged after Trump placed
    Myron Ebell, a prominent climate skeptic, in charge of his EPA transition team.

Ebell has been one of the most visible critics of voluntary government energy efficiency programs like Energy Star.
    “The EPA is meant to improve environmental quality,” said Ebell, director of environmental initiatives at the

Compe ive Enterprise Ins ute, a libertarian think tank on the forefront of disputing the scientific consensus on climate change, as well as the health impacts of tobacco.

Ebell has been one of the most visible critics of voluntary government energy efficiency programs like Energy Star.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...412-story.html

Repugs implement extreme VRWC ideology, ing everything within reach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy

John Kelly says weed is ‘not a factor’ in the drug war

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/john...e+Raw+Story%29

Sessions doesn't agree, will go after blacks and browns more than ever for possessing mj, go after mj pharmacies, etc, etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas bathroom bill targeting trans people would also strip rights for veterans, elderly and pregnant women

A bill sponsored by Texas state House Republicans aims to nullify anti-discriminations protections for transgender people who use public bathrooms, but the bill would also have the unintended consequence of endangering the bathroom rights of the elderly, disabled veterans and pregnant women.

“It’s a one-sided proposition in that it forbids a city from protecting someone from discrimination but it doesn’t forbid a city from discriminating against a person,” Southern Methodist University cons utional professor Dale Carpenter told the paper.

“It is very rare, if not unprecedented, to see actual language in a statute prohibiting classes of persons from being protected from discrimination.” This ing Christian Taliban Texas

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/texas-bathroom-bill-targeting-trans-people-would-also-strip-rights-for-veterans-elderly-and-pregnant-women/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sessions "got to" Kelly after he made a rational statement about mj, Sessions put him on the same page

DHS' Kelly, Changing Course: Marijuana Is 'A Potentially Dangerous Gateway Drug'

Two days after saying that marijuana was “not a factor” in the in the drug war, the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security warned that it was “a potentially dangerous gateway drug” and said his agency would pursue the enforcement of laws against it.

In an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd Sunday, DHS Secretary John Kelly said that marijuana was “not a factor” in the drug war (methamphetamines, cocaine and heroin were, he said). He seemed to change his tone Tuesday in a speech at George Washington University, according to a copy of prepared remarks provided by DHS.

(now that Sessions has slapped my sycophantic ass...)

“And let me be clear about marijuana. It is a potentially dangerous gateway drug

that frequently leads to the use of harder drugs,” Kelly said, adding: “Its use and possession is against federal law and until the law is changed by the U.S. Congress we in DHS are sworn to uphold all the laws on the books.”

“DHS personnel will continue to investigate marijuana’s illegal pathways along the network into the U.S., its distribution within the homeland, and will arrest those involved in the drug trade according to federal law,” he continued. “CBP will continue to search for marijuana at sea, air and land ports of entry and when found take similar appropriate action.”

And marijuana possession, distribution and convictions thereof, Kelly said, would be considered “essential elements” for ICE “as they build their deportation / removal apprehension packages for targeted operations against illegal aliens. They have done this in the past, are doing it today, and will do it in the future.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Energy secretary targets wind, solar after overseeing renewables explosion as Texas governor

U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry didn’t mention renewable energy by name. But his request for the Department of Energy (DOE) to investigate how federal subsidies boost one form of energy at the expense of baseload generation was clearly meant as a swipe at wind and solar energy resources.

In an April 14 memo to his chief of staff, a copy of which DOE provided to ThinkProgress, Perry directed the agency to look at the extent to which “continued regulatory burdens, as well as mandates and tax and subsidy policies, are responsible for forcing the premature retirement of baseload power plants.”[/COLOR]

https://thinkprogress.org/energy-sec...s-be58bc5af9f1

Jimmy Ricky is too ing ignorant, stupid to even think about "baseload", but he corrupt enough to do whatever BigCarbon dictates.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Has Okayed a Pesticide That Terrifies These Families

Under Barack Obama, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed an agricultural ban on chlorpyrifos,

one pesticide widely used in her region, based on the growing body of research do enting the risks for farm workers and communities, including links to brain damage in children.

Donald Trump's administration, however, has rejected the science, announcing a reversal of the ban.

That means that despite recent victories for families and environmentalists who have fought for more than a decade for protections from the insecticide, widespread use will continue in California, where a majority of the fruits and nuts in the US are grown.

http://www.motherjones.com/environme...p-reverses-ban

Repugs ing America and Americans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scott Pruitt's New Plan for the EPA Will Destroy Towns Like This One

Scott Pruitt announced a #Back2Basics campaign that proposes returning the EPA to its supposed roots: protecting the environment, spurring job growth, and not burdening industry with rules and regulations.

federal oversight is not on the EPA's new agenda.

Pruitt
    criticized the Chesapeake Bay cleanup plan as "federal overreach" during his Senate confirmation hearing. In his many lawsuits filed against the EPA when he served as attorney general of Oklahoma, he alleged that the EPA "had acted in excess of the authority granted to it by Congress."

One of the specific priorities in #Back2Basics is

"clearing the backlog of new chemicals" waiting approval from the agency so companies can "innovate and create jobs."

After the White House solicited policy advice from industry leaders on which regulations were impeding their businesses and which should get the ax, nearly half of the 168 submitted comments targeted the EPA. A typical example is from a chemical manufacturing company in Newark, New Jersey, which claims it is being hamstrung by the EPA's Superfund program. Forty-eight of those comments related to the Clean Air Act and 29 to the Clean Water Act. Before environmental laws, no legal avenue existed to stop companies from polluting the land and water.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2017/04/scott-pruitt-new-epa-agenda-east-chicago

Repugs are mortally pro-business, anti-health, anti-human, anti-environment, exactly as paid to do by their BigDonor corporatocracy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s EPA is reconsidering a rule that limits mercury from power plants

The EPA has asked a court to delay oral arguments — where it was supposed to defend the rule.

https://thinkprogress.org/mats-delay...p-5c9ad958b44f

Mercury, It's Good For Ya

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EPA moves to block Obama’s methane rule for oil and gas wells

“American businesses should have the opportunity to review new requirements, assess economic impacts and report back, before those new requirements are finalized.”

http://fuelfix.com/blog/2017/04/19/e...and-gas-wells/

If BigCorp profits would be reduced, then the environment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. consumers could suffer from Dodd-Frank, CFPB changes: property site

Massive changes to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - or the financial reform law that established it - could hurt U.S. mortgage borrowers who use the agency to fight erroneous charges and foreclosures,

the CFPB after the 2007-09 financial crisis to protect individuals from fraud and bad lending, with an eye to cutting it down. Meanwhile, Congress is considering legislation to radically reorganize the CFPB in a way that many bureau supporters say would defang it.

"That could be a blow for thousands of mortgage borrowers who have used the CFPB’s dispute resolution to act as an intermediary in their cases,"

borrowers in housing markets hardest hit by the mortgage crisis and those in expensive areas rely heavily on the CFPB for help in dealing with their loans.

Even though members of the armed services only represent 1.2 percent of the working age population, they made up 5 percent of all mortgage complaints. In the same vein, people 62 or older represented 10 percent of complaints.

That was a high proportion given that roughly 80 percent of Americans own their own homes by the time they turn 65,

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-consumer-housing-idUSKBN17L0BB?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&u tm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign= Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28Reuters+Politics +News%29

could?

Repugs gonna destroy CFPB and unleash BigFinace to fleece and rape Human-Americans.

Thread Information