Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just one of many, more to come.

here's Repugs doing Pootin's bidding

A bill has already been introduced in Congress to remove the US from the United Nations

http://www.businessinsider.com/american-sovereignty-restoration-act-us-withdraw-un-2017-1

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    op is frothing at the mouth mad

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s federal hiring freeze will kneecap veterans more than perhaps any other group

Federal hiring has been significantly outpaced "in recent years" by the increase in civilian hiring—rising only about 3 percent from 2014 to 2016, compared to a 4.9 percent jump in civilian workers. Christopher Ingraham writes:

As a share of the total civilian workforce, in percentage terms, the federal workforce is smaller than it's been in nearly 70 years. [...]
    There's considerable doubt about the efficacy of hiring freezes as a federal management tool. A 1982 Government Accountability Office report found that “governmentwide hiring freezes, regardless of how well they are managed, are not an effective means of controlling federal employment.” The report found that hiring freezes up until that point had “disrupted agency operations and, in some cases, increased costs to the government.”

But the dirty little secret of Trump’s freeze is that it stands to hurt veterans perhaps more than any other demographic.

Vets made up about 44 percent of nonmilitary full-time federal hires in 2015, after the Obama administration focused specifically on putting veterans back to work.

The largest share of veterans joined the Air Force, where they made up 62.1 percent of new employees in nonseasonal, permanent full-time jobs in fiscal 2015, according to federal data released late last week.

Veterans also were well-represented at other agencies, from the

Transportation Department (55 percent) to the Social Security Administration (39.3 percent).

They made up 46.4 percent of new hires at the State Department and

39.2 percent at the Labor Department.

Additionally, one agency that will be
    hit hardest by the freeze is the VA, says Randy Erwin, president of National Federation of Federal Employees.

Trump, in July 2016:

"We will take care of our great veterans like they have never been taken care of before."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...28Daily+Kos%29

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's a piss pot organization, and a vessel for the redistribution of American wealth.

Sure, it was cute & quaint in grade school, but, no more. It should be disbanded here and that property/buildings used for the... "average Americans. They always save us in times of strife." - Charles Schumer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s federal hiring freeze will make the swamp swampier

Past hiring freezes have only increased government costs and made its work less transparent.

past experience shows that across-the-board government hiring freezes don’t reduce the workforce or save money. On the contrary, they often increase costs while making the government’s work less accountable to the public.

The non-partisan Government Accountability Office concluded as much in 1982. In a report released at that time that looked back at four previous freezes, it found, “Government-wide hiring freezes have not been an effective means of controlling Federal employment.”

Because freezes were doled out equally, regardless of each agency’s workload, agencies had to find other ways to get their work done?—?and many turned to contractors, which aren’t subject to the same transparency regulations as the government workforce. That includes disclosure laws like the Freedom of Information Act and the Federal Register Act that make information on what employees do available to the public.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-fede...65e#.gbnpq3po0

iow, Federal hiring freeze is another way to up/privatize govt, and transfer taxpayers' $Bs to private contractors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Trump's First Moves--The End Of "An Open Internet"

Trump has tapped net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to become Chairman of the FCC, the agency responsible for enforcing and promulgating rules that assure an open Internet. His appointment, like many Federal appointments, will not require initial Senate approval (although he will need to be reconfirmed by the
    Republican-dominated Senate in 2017).

Why is this important? Because as head of the FCC, that agency will now be dominated by officials opposed to the idea of an “open Internet:”

Net neutrality is the idea that your Internet provider must treat all Web traffic equally. A court decision in January struck down FCC rules meant to ensure that Internet providers do not discriminate by blocking or slowing certain content.

That decision opened the door for Internet providers like Comcast and Verizon to cut deals with content providers, which would pay to stream their content in an Internet “fast lane.”

What does that mean, in English?

First off, the web could get more expensive. The impact on the average Internet user will likely not be felt right away. But over time, websites would probably pass on to consumers the costs of paying for high-speed access, according to Harold Feld, a senior vice president at the consumer group Public Knowledge.
    In addition, it could become difficult to view certain websites owned by companies that can’t afford to pay for access to an Internet fast lane, Feld said.
    On top of Internet users potentially paying more, they would also be more confused, Feld said. Under the proposed rules, people would need to make sense of a fragmented Internet landscape where the time it takes to load an online video would depend on whether that website paid extra to their Internet provider. Consumers may start choosing their Internet providers based on which websites they like to visit.

Why is Trump doing this, aside from his general penchant for doing as much harm as possible in the name of “deregulation?” Well it’s entirely possible—even likely--that Trump is too stupid to understand the implications of what he’s doing,

but catering to the class of corporate Telecom CEO’s that have sucked up to the Republican Party in their efforts to impose more fees on the American people under the guise of “economic interests” and “encouraging investment.”

Among corporations, opponents include AT&T, Verizon, IBM, Intel, Cisco, Nokia, Qualcomm, Broadcom, Juniper, dLink, Wintel, Alcatel-Lucent, Corning, Panasonic, Ericsson, and others.

Pai claims that supporters of “net neutrality" are “hysterical,“

and that there is not a “shred of evidence” that Internet content would be compromised by rescinding the rules.

Before joining the FCC Pai worked as an attorney for Verizon.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/20/1622924/-The-Orange-Swindler-s-First-Priority-Ending-Net-Neutrality?detail=email&link_id=2&can_id=4217e8eb1 09c68bd0c2e4143dd2d8c15&source=email-evangelical-christian-quits-over-obamacare-i-discovered-i-could-no-longer-believe-any-of-it&email_referrer=evangelical-christian-quits-over-obamacare-i-discovered-i-could-no-longer-believe-any-of-it&email_subject=evangelical-christian-quits-over-obamacare-i-discovered-i-could-no-longer-believe-any-of-it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Sends Aides To Government-Funded Broadcaster Voice Of America

President Donald Trump has dispatched two former campaign aides to work with Voice of America, a government-funded news outlet that broadcasts U.S. News outside of the country,

, the two aides will work “to ensure an open, transparent and seamless transition of the BBG to the Trump Administration,” per an email from BBG CEO John Lansing obtained by Politico.

Trump's decision to dispatch aides to the Broadcasting Board of Governors also comes after Voice of America came under fire for tweets about White House Press Secretary Sean er's Saturday press conference during which he made false claims about the size of inauguration crowds.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-voice-america

the BBG,etc will make sure that any "news" about Pootin and Russia will be ONLY positive.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump Sends Aides To Government-Funded Broadcaster Voice Of America

President Donald Trump has dispatched two former campaign aides to work with Voice of America, a government-funded news outlet that broadcasts U.S. News outside of the country,

, the two aides will work “to ensure an open, transparent and seamless transition of the BBG to the Trump Administration,” per an email from BBG CEO John Lansing obtained by Politico.

Trump's decision to dispatch aides to the Broadcasting Board of Governors also comes after Voice of America came under fire for tweets about White House Press Secretary Sean er's Saturday press conference during which he made false claims about the size of inauguration crowds.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-voice-america

the BBG,etc will make sure that any "news" about Pootin and Russia will be ONLY positive.

Get the out of the way, Bouts. We got the con.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tiny, minuscule little men, less, trivial wimps, every oneTrump administration deletes government’s official apology to LGBTQ community for past discrimination

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/trum...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Didn’t Just Reinstate the Global Gag Rule. He Massively Expanded It.
    signed an executive order banning foreign nongovernmental organizations that receive certain kinds of American aid from counseling health clients about abortion or advocating for abortion law liberalization.
    it eventually emerged, hadn’t simply revived the so-called global gag rule. Quietly, with so little publicity that activists weren’t aware until someone saw the new language in a tweeted image,

Trump’s version of the global gag rule expands the policy to all global health funding. According to Ehlers, the

new rule means that rather than impacting $600 million in U.S. foreign aid, the global gag rule will affect $9.5 billion.

Organizations working on AIDS, malaria, or maternal and child health will have to make sure that none of their programs involves so much as an abortion referral.

“If they’re giving advice to women on what to do if they’re pregnant and HIV positive, giving them all the options that exist, they cannot now receive money from the U.S.”

“Although applying the global gag rule to PEPFAR’s programs ill affects millions of men as well,” since HIV/AIDS programs that treat entire communities could face defunding.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...it_seemed.html

Trash has no idea of the pain, suffering, DEATH he's causing by implemeting Christian Sharia

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The EPA is getting an “absolute hammering” from the Trump administration.

A leaked copy of the Trump team’s plan for the EPA calls for

slashing its budget,

“terminating climate programs,”

ending auto fuel-economy standards, and

executing “major reforms of the agency’s use of science and economics.”

The Trump administration has frozen EPA’s grants and contracts, cutting off funding for everything from cleanup of toxic sites to testing of air quality.
    EPA employees have been ordered not to share information via social media, press releases, or new website content

A new team that Trump has put in place to shift the agency’s direction includes
    three former researchers from Koch-funded think tanks, one former mining lobbyist, and a number of people who have argued against climate action, according to Reuters. And Trump is poised to issue executive orders to weaken pollution rules and cut agency budgets,

http://grist.org/briefly/the-epa-is-...dministration/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boos meltdown is just glorious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FEMA Under Trump Fails To Help After Tornados Devastate S.E. The Incompetence Is Showing Already.

Officials Beg Trump to Send Help After Storms Kill 20 Across South

Desperate officials pleaded with President Donald Trump to send federal assistance Monday after at least 20 people were killed by storms and tornadoes that caused devastation authorities likened to the impact of a nuclear blast.

Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant said he had dispatched a letter to Trump pleading for help after four people were killed in his state. He said more 1,000 homes were damaged in Hattiesburg and surrounding Forrest County alone — 239 of which were obliterated.

In Dougherty County, Georgia, where four people were killed, county commission Chairman Chris Cohilas said Monday that he has been "begging FEMA for boots on the ground," referring to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

"I'm asking President Trump to cut through the red tape and get people on the damned ground here," he said.

In addition to the 19 people confirmed to have died in central and south Georgia and in Mississippi, a 20th person was confirmed Monday to have been killed in northern Florida over the weekend.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...s-paul-krugman

red/slave states elected Trash, and as I infallibly predicted, now get SCREWED by Trash.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump to publish weekly list of alleged ‘alien’ crimes in attempt to shame sanctuary cities

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/trum...e+Raw+Story%29

and why throw knitter and Chuchos in there, too? Try to hame entire races and ethnic groups for not being Euro-Americans.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    You are the only one making it about race with your thinly-veiled slurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House Distances Itself from 'Black Site' Order After Outrage

Press Secretary Sean er says he has 'no idea' where controversial do ent, which considers reinstating secret CIA prisons, came from

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...-after-outrage

Sure, Sean, we can count on your truth-telling.

Now that you're fully initiated, accepted as a reliable, loyal gang member into Trash's mafia for your loyalty-testing "murderous hit" on truth last Saturday, we know we can count on you for the straight skinny.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-25-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPORT: Trump Administration Mandates EPA Studies Undergo Political Review Before Public Release

the administration will now mandate that all studies and data from EPA scientists need to be reviewed by political staff before they can be publicly released.

The Trump team also stated that this mandate will extend to anything placed on the agency’s official website, which would include information surrounding climate change.

(On Inauguration Day, all references to climate change were scrubbed from the official White House site.)

Speaking to the AP, Trump transition team spokesman Doug Ericksen said no decision has been made about what will be taken down, but they’ll be reviewing everything.

“We’re taking a look at everything on a case-by-case basis, including the web page and whether climate stuff will be taken down,” Erickson said in an interview with The Associated Press.

“Obviously with a new administration coming in, the transition time, we’ll be taking a look at the web pages and the Facebook pages and everything else involved here at EPA.”

During his press briefing today, White House Press Secretary Sean er stated that the White House did not direct the EPA to place a communications freeze within the agency, explaining that

the directive released to the press did not come directly from the Trump Administration.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/repor...ublic-release/

Ministry of Truth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the kind of misogynist insanities from the Repugs, I would not be surprised it some red/slave state proposing something like this. Pootin's Russia, loved by Repugs and their voters

Domestic violence: Russia MPs back law cutting penalty

A Russian bill to decriminalise some forms of domestic violence has moved a step closer to becoming law.

The lower house of parliament, the Duma, overwhelming approved the proposal after a second reading.

First time offenders who cause less serious injuries could face fines or community service rather than prison, under the plans.

But campaigners said the bill would mean the "exoneration of tyrants in the home".

MPs voted 358 to two in favour of the proposals, with one abstention. The bill, dubbed the "slapping law" by some Russian media outlets, will now have a third reading.

It will also need the approval of the upper house and President Vladimir Putin before becoming law.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said it was important to distinguish between "family relations" and repeated incidents of violence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-38745827

No doubt that Russia's Child Protective Services are as wonderful, impeccable as Texas' CPS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #meltdown

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No doubt. A President that doesn't pull the race card and wants what is best for ALL Americans will naturally improve race relations. Maybe not instantly. Obama's damage isn't easily reversible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    REPORT: Trump Administration Mandates EPA Studies Undergo Political Review Before Public Release

the administration will now mandate that all studies and data from EPA scientists need to be reviewed by political staff before they can be publicly released.

The Trump team also stated that this mandate will extend to anything placed on the agency’s official website, which would include information surrounding climate change.

(On Inauguration Day, all references to climate change were scrubbed from the official White House site.)

Speaking to the AP, Trump transition team spokesman Doug Ericksen said no decision has been made about what will be taken down, but they’ll be reviewing everything.

“We’re taking a look at everything on a case-by-case basis, including the web page and whether climate stuff will be taken down,” Erickson said in an interview with The Associated Press.

“Obviously with a new administration coming in, the transition time, we’ll be taking a look at the web pages and the Facebook pages and everything else involved here at EPA.”

During his press briefing today, White House Press Secretary Sean er stated that the White House did not direct the EPA to place a communications freeze within the agency, explaining that

the directive released to the press did not come directly from the Trump Administration.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/repor...ublic-release/

Ministry of Truth

They walked back their claims already

Ericksen clarified his earlier statements he made to The Associated Press, which reported that the Trump administration was mandating that any studies or data from EPA scientists undergo review by political appointees before they can be released to the public. He said he was speaking about existing scientific information on the EPA website that is under review by members of the Trump administration's transition team.

He said new work by the agency's scientists is subject to the same "temporary hold" as other kinds of public releases, which he said would likely be lifted by Friday. He said there was no mandate to subject studies or data to political review.
    http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017...crackdown.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    science under review by ing political s paid by BigCorp/BigOil is sure to deliver really, really good "science".

Review? It was bad, wrong science?

C R A P I F I C A T I O N by the corporatocracy. Profits over truth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Felony Charges for Journalists Arrested at Inauguration Protests Raise Fears for Press Freedom

At least six journalists were charged with felony rioting after they were arrested while covering the violent protests that took place just blocks from President Trump’s inauguration parade in Washington on Friday,

The charges against the journalists — Evan Engel, Alexander Rubinstein, Jack Keller, Matthew Hopard, Shay Horse and Aaron Cantu — have been denounced by organizations dedicated to press freedom. All of those arrested have denied participating in the violence.

“These felony charges are bizarre and essentially unheard of when it comes to journalists here in America who were simply doing their job,” said Suzanne Nossel, the executive director of Pen America. “They weren’t even in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were in the right place.”

“Our concern is that these arrests could send a chilling message to journalists that cover future protests,”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/b...mwrsm=Facebook

================

The DC Police Chief Behind the Inauguration Crackdown Has a Disgraceful History

Peter Newsham was implicated in a mass arrest and abuse scandal more than a decade ago.

The crackdown, which was overseen by acting Metropolitan Police Department Chief Peter Newsham, echoes another mass arrest that Newsham ordered as assistant police chief in 2002, in which hundreds of people were indiscriminately kettled and hogtied, forcing the government to eventually pay out millions of dollars in settlements.

More than 200 people arrested in Friday’s sweep face felony riot charges punishable by up to 10 years in prison. The arrestees have had their phones and cameras confiscated as evidence, according to Jeffrey Light, a Washington, D.C.-based lawyer who filed the class-action lawsuit Friday on behalf those detained. The lawsuit, which was emailed to AlterNet, names Newsham, as well as “John Doe” Metropolitan Police Department and Park Police officers.

“Without warning and without any dispersal order, the police officers kettled all of the plaintiffs,” states the lawsuit, which notes that “members of the media, attorneys, legal observers and medics” were among those rounded up.

In his former role as assistant police chief, Newsham oversaw a violent crackdown on a “People’s Strike” protest against the World Bank and International Monetary Fund more than a decade ago.

“On the morning of September 27, 2002, the D.C. Police Department, working with the U.S. Park Police encircled Pershing Park, refused to allow anyone to leave and then arrested and hog-tied peaceful demonstrators, tourists, passers-by, and legal observers. Many were bound wrist-to-ankle on a police gym floor for upwards of 24 hours,”

http://www.alternet.org/dc-police-ch...aceful-history

As DC is run by the Repug Congress, I'm sure the Repugs will straighten this mess out. Mess straightening is what Repugs do best.

Thread Information