My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DraftExpress
    Mock Draft was last updated on Mon Jan 30th at 05:03:54 PM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems a lot rawer than Collins. But I like the idea of drafting a more athletic big to compliment Milutinov and the combo-forwards.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: NBA Mock Draft 2017, Week 17: Portland uses three first round picks
    by Chris Stone 7 hours ago [AKA 2 March 2017]

Johnathan Motley PF, Baylor

The San Antonio Spurs are one of the few teams to still have their original late first round pick, which gives them an opportunity to take a swing at finding another gem late in the draft. Baylor’s Johnathan Motley just might be that gem. He is averaging 22.9 points and 12. 7 rebounds per 40 minutes this season.

The 6-foot-9 forward is a versatile offensive threat who has showcased an intriguing set of defensive skills for a league that continues to downsize in the frontcourt. Motley’s most effective offensive work comes in the post where he has a nice set of moves. He can also face up or occasionally knock down a jump shot from the mid-range. Most interestingly, Motley is a good passer with a 17.7 percent assist rate. In a league that increasingly emphasizes ball movement and passing from bigs, he’s a well-rounded talent.

On defense, Motley’s length and tenacity makes him an excellent rebounder. He’s posting a 22.7 percent defensive rebound rate this season, which should translate. Motley also blocks a few shot and is athletic enough to move along the perimeter, something you can see when he plays on the wing of the Bears’ frequently used zone defense.

Motley doesn’t have huge upside, but as a rotation player, he should be an excellent late first round pick up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NESN: NBA Mock Draft 2017: Fresh First-Round Predictions On March Madness Eve
    by Nicholas Goss on Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:00AM

29. San Antonio Spurs: Jonathan Motley, PF, Baylor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SI mock draft 4.0 has the Spurs taking Motley. They admit they have no idea what the Spurs are going to do, but PF seems to be a consensus on many mock drafts. Motley is a great athlete and has really increased his skill level over the last few years. I think he could add another 10-15lbs without losing any athleticism. Good replacement for Dedmon if he walks.

Edit: Just to add, he weighed in at 238 and had a 7'4 wingspan at the combine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to agree with Chinook that if we paired him with Nikola (Center) he would be a great fit and both of them would be a great fit for Kawhi. The more I watch the more I like him he gives us much needed speed and off course athleticism .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NESN: NBA Mock Draft 2017: First-Round Pick Predictions Before NBA Finals Game 1
    by Nicholas Goss on Thu., Jun. 1, 2017 at 8:00AM

still 29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX added a scouting report on him. The more I read, the more I like. He doesn't do anything great, but he does everything well. On top of the skill set, he has really solid athleticism and length.

There's just much less projection with him a ham some of the others at his position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Midrange game looks promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NESN: NBA Mock Draft 2017: Post-NBA Finals First-Round Pick Predictions
    by Nicholas Goss on Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 2:00PM

and still 29

Thread Information