Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As I said, I guess we will find out.

I think the Mexican government will most likely cave. My guess as to the next order consequence of that unpopular move will be to have that government thrown out, and a new group come in that will be elected on the basis of fighting the shaming of their country, a very predictable consequence. The new government will then get into a trade war.

Provoking a nation in this way is vastly different than a business negotiation.
    The Mexicans have no concept of (shame). Gov't, or, populace. They break & enter this country and then live piss pot because they're illegal. They've no self respect. They will not rise up and destroy their evil masters because that's harder to do Vs. committing a felony by entering our country. The Mexican government kisses our ass & cuts our throat in turn because they have no self respect and live only for the next 5 minutes of life.

They're human debris.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Mexico does not operate in a vacuum.

https://qz.com/855355/china-and-mexi...protectionism/
    December 07, 2016
    China and Mexico have been friends for a long time, but after Donald Trump’s win in the US presidential elections, both countries are looking for more in their relationship.
    Over the weekend, Chinese ambassador to Mexico Qiu Xiaoqi promised Mexicans his country is standing by them through the uncertain times ahead. “We are very important strategic partners, and we are willing to increase our efforts together with our Mexican counterparts to inject new energy into these relations,” he said (link in Spanish.) “We are sure that cooperation is going to be much strengthened.”
    His comments were made during a press conference to launch a year of cultural festivities to celebrate the two countries’ 45 years of diplomatic relations. A day later, the two countries signed an agreement (Spanish) to expand food shipments from Mexico to China. Separately, Chinese oil major CNOOC made two handsome bids for contracts to explore Mexico’s offshore oil fields, and won.
    “This means that they see Mexico as a trustworthy country,” said a beaming Pedro Joaquín Coldwell, Mexico’s energy secretary.
    As the two main targets of Trump’s anti-globalization tirades, China and Mexico have a lot to commiserate about. The president-elect’s talk of tearing up trade deals, starting trade wars and closing borders irks both countries, which have big stakes on international trade. Strengthening their ties is a symbolic snub to Trump’s vision of the world.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DMC just wants to see the world burn as he withers and dies from old age (or from heart attack due to fatness) and leave the mess to the younger generation to solve.

Back on topic though, this cancellation is good for Trump. He's probably the most hated person in Mexico. The Cartel could do him in.
    Which side of the border?

The Cartel on our side will only take so much. And Trump has driven them further & quicker than they imagined. And they're finally past how this happened, how Hillary got wise guyed out of it. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mexicans have no concept of (shame). Gov't, or, populace. They break & enter this country and then live piss pot because they're illegal. They've no self respect. They will not rise up and destroy their evil masters because that's harder to do Vs. committing a felony by entering our country. The Mexican government kisses our ass & cuts our throat in turn because they have no self respect and live only for the next 5 minutes of life.

They're human debris.
    So, based on this version of reality, we should do what exactly?

The problem with flawed versions of reality, is that they lead you to actions that are harmful. Reality does not give a about your feelings or what you believe is true.

Try to Pray the cancer away, and see how that works out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

The problem with flawed versions of reality, is that they lead you to actions that are harmful. Reality does not give a about your feelings or what you believe is true.

I'll follow Trump.

We've been duly ed since Reagan granted in 12 million of this vermin. Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton on & on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to replace the fence in my backyard. My neighbor and I agreed to split the cost. I suppose it would've been somewhat insulting to ask my neighbor to pay for the whole thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complete humiliation. Unfair! Sad!

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    You'd think Mexico would want a wall. They don't because it slows their drug trafficking.

Sure walls can be breached, but then why build a fence around any military installation? It's a deterrent. There will be tunnels under said wall, this we know. It still bottlenecks the inflow and creates more pressure for Mexico to deal with their own ing issues.
    It's not Mexico's job to pay for American security. It's our government's job a.k.a. taxpayers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had to replace the fence in my backyard. My neighbor and I agreed to split the cost. I suppose it would've been somewhat insulting to ask my neighbor to pay for the whole thing.
    You're lucky the neighbor agreed to half

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not Mexico's job to pay for American security. It's our government's job a.k.a. taxpayers.
    It's their job if we say it is. Like our president said, either pay for the wall or stay the out. Those are two simple options. We could simply not accept any immigration from Mexico whatsoever. It's funny how some here act like that would cripple the United States. I have a feeling most of you who feel that way are Mexicans yourselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on which side the slats are facing. Part of the fence belongs to you and part of the fence belongs to him. I don't think any of you jointly own any of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well the answer is quite simple. You draw a hard line and if they cross that line then you impose sanctions and eventually kick the ing out of them. I don't think it would ever go that far but you're too much of a pussy to find out. Instead you act like somehow Mexico is the alpha dog and that the United States is beholden to them because God forbid we lose some leaf blower jobs in San Antonio.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends on which side the slats are facing. Part of the fence belongs to you and part of the fence belongs to him. I don't think any of you jointly own any of it.
    Whoever's land the fence is on is who it belongs to.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    It's their job if we say it is. Like our president said, either pay for the wall or stay the out. Those are two simple options. We could simply not accept any immigration from Mexico whatsoever. It's funny how some here act like that would cripple the United States. I have a feeling most of you who feel that way are Mexicans yourselves.
    I'm not anything close to Mexican. It's just a simple fact. If we want to keep illegals out of our country, we need to work harder and better at it ourselves instead of depending on another country to pay for our own border security. It's pretty simple.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not anything close to Mexican. It's just a simple fact. If we want to keep illegals out of our country, we need to work harder and better at it ourselves instead of depending on another country to pay for our own border security. It's pretty simple.
    Methinks you doth protest too much, Pepe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats what we are doing. You cannot neuter the law then talk about working harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good luck making the illegal immigrants pay for the wall

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're such a simple .

Just because we say it doesn't mean it will or should happen.

there are consequences, chubby. And you're already starting to see signs that might impact the way other countries do business with us.

See that thread about China pondering not buying our ethanol because of a 30% tarriff import increase for example.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Thats what we are doing. You cannot neuter the law then talk about working harder.
    Mexico refusing to pay for the wall is not neutering the law. It's really not their problem if illegals cross the border. We just need to do a better job of securing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good luck making the illegal immigrants pay for the wall
    They're not illegal in their country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mexico refusing to pay for the wall is not neutering the law. It's really not their problem if illegals cross the border. We just need to do a better job of securing it.
    Not enforcing immigration law is neutering the law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're such a simple .

Just because we say it doesn't mean it will or should happen.
    Though I should take your claim at face value just because you said it.

there are consequences, chubby. And you're already starting to see signs that might impact the way other countries do business with us.

See that thread about China pondering not buying our ethanol because of a 30% tarriff import increase for example.
    You are a notorious pussy. You have no ing idea what "most powerful office on the world" means if you think Mexico can with us.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Not enforcing immigration law is neutering the law.
    Right which has nothing to do with Mexico paying for the wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right which has nothing to do with Mexico paying for the wall.
    You said we need to work harder and better at it ourselves. We are now enforcing immigration law. That is working harder and better at it. Also putting pressure on Mexico to take care of their own people through sanctions or what the ever is working at it. Why do you think Mexico has no responsibility for it? If your neighbor's dog keeps coming into your yard taking a huge , sure you can pay to put up a fence or you can put pressure on your neighbor to keep his dog out of your yard. If that pressure comes through you threatening to take your neighbor to court to force him to build a fence so be it. In this case the court type pressure happens to be economic repercussions.

Thread Information