San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 7-0
    Weight: 225 lbs
    Date of Birth: 05/05/1999
    Team: Zalgiris, Germany
    Hometown: Eugene, OR

DraftExpress

FansSided NBADraft: 2017 NBA Mock Draft, Week 12: The Lakers keep their pick
    Chris Stone, 9 hours ago [AKA 26 January 2017]

Isaiah Hartenstein

C, Zalgiris

Isaiah Hartenstein is another 7-footer with an enticing offensive skill set and some level of defensive potential. The 18-year old is at his best attacking other bigs off the dribble. He’s fluid with the ball in his hands and can use his shiftiness to draw fouls on opposing big men or get to the basket for an easy bucket. His ability to create his own shot is a rare skill for a player of his stature. Hartenstein is also an improving 3-point shooter, although he is currently too active from behind the arc for what his percentages are. He’s made just 30.8 percent of his 3s for Zalgiris this season. Some of his struggles are the result of a questionable shooting form that he’ll need to improve on.

Defensively, his athleticism is intriguing as it may ultimately give him the potential to defend smaller players on switches for periods of time. Right now, though, Hartenstein doesn’t have much to offer on that end. He’s an ok, but not great rebounder. He doesn’t block many shots and doesn’t seem to have the length to develop into a consistent rim protector either. His attention to detail is lacking. Hartenstein will need plenty of coaching to improve on the defensive end.

San Antonio feels like a logical landing spot given that the team won’t require much of an immediate contribution from the youngster. If Hartenstein can stay overseas for a few seasons and develop before coming over, he’ll be in a better position to make an impact in the NBA.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS
    Gary Parrish, 5/16/17

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FOX Sports: 2017 NBA mock draft and lottery results
    Andrew Lynch, May 17, 2017 at 4:14a ET

San Antonio Spurs: Isaiah Hartenstein, PF/C, Zalgiris (International)

Per-game averages: 1.0 points, 0.8 rebounds, 0.4 fouls, 3.2 minutes, 40 FG%

Height: 7'1"; Weight: 250 lbs; Age: 19 (May 5, 1998)

Hartenstein is a tricky prospect — a potential stretch-five who hasn't really shown an ability to knock down 3s yet, mostly because his shooting mechanics are awful. On top of that, he didn't play much for Zalgiris in the Euroleague or the domestic table this year, leaving scouts little to go on.

He'll either need to correct his form ASAP or focus on developing as a more traditional center, which he can do with his frame. On the plus side, he's a solid playmaker for his size, both off the dribble and passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2017 NBA Consensus Mock Draft – Ver 3.0
    By Basketball Insiders on May 17, 2017
    Each week, four of Basketball Insiders’ top writers will break down the latest news and notes surrounding the 2017 NBA Draft.
    Steve Kyler

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Los Angeles Times: NBA mock draft: Look for Lonzo Ball to join the Lakers
    By Broderick Turner, MAY 17, 2017, 7:10 PM

29. SAN ANTONIO: Isaiah Hartenstein (Germany, PF/C, 7-1, 249) — His potential is his ability shoot the ball and pass it as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FOX Sports: 2017 NBA mock draft 2.0
    Andrew Lynch
    May 31, 2017 at 8:18a ET

San Antonio Spurs: Isaiah Hartenstein, PF/C, Zalgiris (international)

Per-game averages: 1.0 points, 0.8 rebounds, 0.4 fouls, 3.2 minutes, 40 FG%

Height: 7'1"; Weight: 250 lbs; Age: 19 (May 5, 1998)

Hartenstein is a stretch-big who hasn't shown a consistent shooting stroke. Get him in the hands of legendary Spurs shooting coach Chip Engelland, though, and San Antonio might unlock another international diamond in the rough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Knicks need point guard most, take Dennis Smith at No. 8
    by Gary Parish, 1 hour ago [AKA 5 June 2017]

29. Spurs
    Isaiah, Hartenstein, PF, International

Hartenstein was reportedly just OK at the Nike Hoop Summit and thus didn't do much to enhance his reputation with NBA scouts. Still, it's hard to imagine him not going somewhere in the first round. And San Antonio's history with international prospects suggests he would fit nicely in that organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBC Sports: Final 2017 NBA Mock Draft, first round
    By Kurt HelinJun 15, 2017, 8:31 AM EDT

29. San Antonio Spurs:. Isaiah Hartenstein, PF/C, (played in Lithuania). Great size at 7’1″ and a solid athlete who can do a little bit of everything. He has to develop but this is the kind of guy the Spurs draft, keep under wraps for couple seasons, then suddenly he starts looking really good in key minutes for them

Thread Information