Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^ Second time that's been posted in this thread and I still think it's an absolute show.
    Totally disagree, the guys nails it.

What did happen with this is I discovered the first Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel, no not the familiar one, there is an earlier one.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That's the original, Clapton's is the cover
    "Music expert"
    His music expertise is similar to his NFL betting expertise
    tbh

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I once did this on a track & field forum.

I took every school that could fill 8 lanes with quality (sub 9.5/10.30) sprinters.

Texas Southern

lane

1.Henry Neal
    2.Augustine Olobia Nigeria
    3.Willie Polk
    4.Jimmy Hines...first sub10.00
    5.Robert Taylor
    6.Renaldo Dawson
    7.Michael Miller
    8.Homer Jones....first NFLer to e the ball

I did that for over 70 schools. Guy comes on....."ya spelled.....wrong"....hahahahaha~~~~~~~~~

Dude, you can roam the internet and will never find anyone who knows music more than I do, trust me.

What do you think...."Who would have thunk it"...meant? Now think stupid, ok? How come out of the dozen or so videos I have in this thread that was the only one I ....."Who would have thunk it".....well? I am assuming everyone here knows my music knowledge.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of music.....

Robert Johnson recorded 29 songs, some in 1936 in San Antonio and some others in 1937 in Dallas. All of that can be found on THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS.....or we thought. Some years ago another take (a lot of his songs had two takes) of...Traveling Riverside Blues (Zeppelin covered it) was found.

I buy my dogs food right around the corner from a thrift shop, so once a month.....

Yep, I now own everything Robert Johnson ever recorded......life is good. But, I didn't know I'd found that lost version until I started listening, it was a little different especially when Robert says......till the juice runs down my leg.

All the below have covered Robert Johnson...

Steve Miller
    Delaney & Bonnie
    Allman Brothers
    Eric Clapton
    Cream
    Alvin Lee
    Lynyrd Skynard
    Mountain
    Sting
    Steven Stills
    Fleetwod Mac
    Rolling Stones
    Foghat
    Led Zeppelin
    John Hammond
    Keb Mo
    Grateful Dead
    Alvin Youngblood Hart
    R.E.M
    Warren Zevon
    Robert Palmer
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What do you think...."Who would have thunk it"...meant? Now think stupid, ok? How come out of the dozen or so videos I have in this thread that was the only one I ....."Who would have thunk it".....well? I am assuming everyone here knows my music knowledge.
    He'll make an excuse why he did that.
    You called it

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude, why did you ignore what I asked?

Tell me stupid, why did I say....Who would have thunk it?....why did I say that, well?

Stupid, do you really think a guy who has been into Clapton since his John Mayall days and Marley since his teenage days doesn't know all about them?

It wasn't real obvious I was talking about how a Brit guitar player in Clapton would cover a tune written by a reggae star? Did I really have to explain what I assumed was......WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT.....are you kidding me?

Dude, when it comes to music I don't make mistakes, got it?
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Why did you say it?

Be specific.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why did you say it?

Be specific.
    I assumed everyone is familiar with Claptons version, wasn't sure that could be said about Marley, ok ya with me little guy? So how unusual is it for a British guitar player to cover a tune by a reggae star, like...............WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT? What other reason could there be to single out that....one....video? How come I only said...WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT...there? Now think ya little , ok?

I should have known better to assume things "HERE" I suppose.

Dude, ya work sooooooooooooooooo damn hard at this it's comical. hahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~

Litte man, nobody can talk music on my level on this forum, and that should be real obvious. I don't make mistakes, got it?

I could talk music non stop for 24 hours right here talking about artists nobody here has ever heard of.....trust me.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-03-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    your caps lock rage

Yeah, that's bull . Who doesn't know Marley's version?

You were the only one who posted an original in a cover thread. You were wrong. Case closed.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I can just see your old ass hammering out that response...all red faced with big sweat beads forming on your forehead.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    your caps lock rage

Yeah, that's bull . Who doesn't know Marley's version?

You were the only one who posted an original in a cover thread. You were wrong. Case closed.
    Dude, what did..."Who would have thunk it"....mean, well? Who would have thunk..... what? Tell me half pint, just what was that about? Well?

Stupid, you work so damn hard at this, and it's ing funny.

Do you honestly believe a guy who can take you back to before Cream and reggae wouldn't know the origins of all that stuff? Dude, do you read my music posts at all?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The oldest cover I own is this.

So who did the original?

Peter Tosh covering Chuck Berry....honest~~~~

Last edited by Avante; 02-04-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

And here is the original.

I bet 97% of everyone heard this song for the first time in the movie.

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Dude, what did..."Who would have thunk it"....mean, well? Who would have thunk..... what? Tell me half pint, just what was that about? Well?

Stupid, you work so damn hard at this, and it's ing funny.

Do you honestly believe a guy who can take you back to before Cream and reggae wouldn't know the origins of all that stuff? Dude, do you read my music posts at all?
    mah knowledge

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ONE MORE TIME

Answer this question ya little .

Why did the only video where I said...WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT...was an original? Now think just a little bit ya dumb , ok? THINK~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, why do you work sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn hard at this? It's like some weird ass obession, my God ya have it bad.......why?

Little man, there is nothing about the careers of Eric Clapton and Bob Marley I'm not aware of, ok? Noway in I didn't know who owned the original, ok guy? I just assumed with my knowledge of music that was understood.
    Last edited by Avante; 02-06-2017 at 02:17 AM.

36/7/7
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Michigan Wolverines
    New England Patriots -3 on 2/5/17

Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ONE MORE TIME

Answer this question ya little .

Why did the only video where I said...WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT...was an original? Now think just a little bit ya dumb , ok? THINK~~~~~~~~~~~

Dude, why do you work sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn hard at this? It's like some weird ass obession, my God ya have it bad.......why?

Little man, there is nothing about the careers of Eric Clapton and Bob Marley I'm not aware of, ok? Noway in I didn't know who owned the original, ok guy? I just assumed with my knowledge of music that was understood.
    You are just twisting things to keep from looking stupid.

Boiled down::

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You are just twisting things to keep from looking stupid.

Boiled down::
    This is the level I;m on little guy.

Now where did Ironhead get the tune?
    Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 03:54 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

This cat first recorded in 1925 and was a huge influense on everyone and especially Robert Johnson. He is considered to be one of the three/four greatest blues guitarists in history.

The great but forgotten Jackie Shane.

Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 02:09 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Lefty Frizzells "Long Black Veil" is one of the most covered of all country songs, it's been done tons of times. One of my fav top 10 songs.

Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 02:22 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The original "Tom Dooley"

Somewhere back there I posted Hank Williams covering this....

.....sorta. Miller did a later version in 1928 or was it 27, I;m pretty sure it ws that version that Williams knew about.

The Rolling Stones are named after a 1951 Muddy Waters tune....Rolling Stone, not Robert Wilkins 1928 "Rolling Stone".

Haunting.

There is a whole galaxy of music out there most aren't aware of and it really is a shame. Jug bands, convicts in prison, so many that would record but one record then back into the shadows they came from. Some of these artists were killers, preachers, drug addicts, bootleggers, hobos, governors. Extremely interesting, but mostly ignored by Joe Public. Not Keith Richards, John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Jack White, Mick Jagger, Van Morrison, Elvis, Johnny Winter, Warren Haynes, Peter Green, Robert Plant, Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, etc etc etc etc............
    Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Little Willie John owns the original, his story a sad one.

She changes a few things but it works.

The amazing Little Willie John and his classic....

Willie John was known for his short temper and propensity to abuse alcohol, and was dropped by his record company in 1963.[5] In 1966, he was convicted of manslaughter and sent to Washington State Penitentiary for a fatal knifing incident following a show in Seattle. He appealed against his conviction and was released while the case was reconsidered, during which time he recorded what was intended to be his comeback album, but owing to contractual wrangling and the decline of his appeal, it was not released until 2008 (as Nineteen Sixty Six).[10] Little Willie John died in 1968 at Washington State Penitentiary in Walla Walla, Washington. Despite counterclaims (Rolling Stone reported that the death occurred after John had checked into the prison hospital with pneumonia[11]), the official cause of death was listed in his death certificate as a heart attack.[4]
    Last edited by Avante; 02-08-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Thread Information