Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , Gorsuch started a crew when he was 14? This is going to make even Republicans shy away in his confirmation hearing, I bet Trump pulls the nomination after hearing this shocking news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddam Boutons is an idiot.
    X1000

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Even the fake-news peddlers who wrote that trash were forced to begrudgingly admit that it was a joke directed at his liberal professors, not an actual fascist club. Bou s doesn't even read the articles he spams beyond the headlines.

It's hilarious how lib s have to reach for like this to "prove" that conservatives are fascists. Meanwhile, when a conservative comes to their city to give a speech, they start beating people up, vandalizing businesses and lighting on fire until the event gets cancelled. Who's the real fascists again?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elizabeth Warren Torches Trump's SCOTUS Pick on the Senate Floor

The Massachusetts senator says Neil Gorsuch is a gift to corporate America.

if Elizabeth Warren is any indication, Trump's SCOTUS pick may be in for a protracted fight.

Warren began her address on the Senate floor Thursday by explaining how a "rigged" justice system has devastated working people and "made it harder for people who have been injured or cheated" to get a fair hearing.

"The best example was the unprecedented blockade of Judge Merrick Garland's nomination to the Supreme Court," argued Warren.

"Judge Garland was an obvious consensus nominee and a straight shooter who followed the law, so why block it?

The problem was that Judge Garland's career didn't reflect a sufficient willingness to bend the law to suit the needs of the rich and powerful and for that sin, far-right groups financed by big business interests spent millions of dollars attacking him to torpedo his nomination and keep that seat open."

Judge Gorsuch has shown a truly remarkable insensitivity to the struggles of working Americans and an eagerness to side with businesses that break the rules over workers who are seeking justice,"

Warren continued.

"Even before he became a judge, Judge Gorsuch argued in favor of limiting the ability of investors and shareholders to bring lawsuits when companies commit fraud, whining about how annoying it is for billionaire corporations to have to face their investors when they cheat them."
    Warren is convinced that Trump's pick will not be a "neutral arbiter" of the law should he be confirmed, and that he represents the president's "hostility" to an independent judiciary.

"This is exactly the type of Supreme Court justice that giant corporations want, but they have never been quite so brazen about it—spending millions to slime a consensus, straight-shooter nominee like Merrick Garland, steal a Supreme Court seat, then drawing up a public list of acceptable alternatives and handing it over to a billionaire president so he can do his buddies a favor. That's bold," she argued. "And that is not how America is supposed to work."

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-pol...king-americans

Apparently, the propaganda campaign trying to get Gorsuch through has $10M, peanuts compared to decades of Gorsuch and his pro-business rulings. ROI in the 1000s of %.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senate Democrats tweet out video calling out Mitch McConnell's hypocrisy in no uncertain terms

https://twitter.com/SenateDems/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Listen, there are 1,449 days left in this administration, and Trump has already filed for reelection in 2020, so

we shouldn’t elect a Supreme Court justice until the election is over. Let the American people decide

—let’s say, whichever candidate can get the majority of Americans to vote for them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI5mqxohTWo

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...ng-from-a-tree

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anne of green fables: Neil Gorsuch’s mother tried to dismantle the EPA

Anne Gorsuch was administrator of the EPA from 1981 to 1983 and wanted to rip the agency apart

Anne Gorsuch slashed EPA’s budget by 22 percent and

aggressively rolled back clean air and clean water rules and other protections.

A lawyer herself, she apparently did not like to see the legal system used to protect the environment.

“In the first year of the Reagan administration, there was a

79 percent decline in the number of enforcement cases filed from regional offices to EPA headquarters, and

a 69 percent decline in the number of cases filed from the EPA to the Department of Justice,”

a House staffer told Grist in 2004.

Anne Gorsuch resigned less than two years into the job over a scandal involving mismanagement of the Superfund program.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/03/neil...e-epa_partner/

The Repugs' attempts, and successes, in degrading America go back 40 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Questions arise about Neil Gorsuch’s volunteer claims while at Harvard Law School

“While in law school, he demonstrated a commitment to helping the less fortunate,” President Trump declared when announcing Gorsuch’s nomination on Tuesday. “He worked in both Harvard Prison Legal Assistance Projects and Harvard Defenders Program.”

Yet for “roughly three dozen students who participated in the two programs while Mr. Gorsuch was at Harvard Law School from 1988 to 1991,” they have no memory of Gorsuch ever being involved

two individuals who oversaw the students in these programs did not remember Gorsuch ever being there,

while a third declined to say and a fourth is now deceased. They were joined by more than thirty other students who were involved in these programs and said they did not remember ever seeing Gorsuch present.

“If he was active in PLAP I am sure I would remember him,”

the Harvard Prison Legal Assistance Project as her “most meaningful experience” at Harvard, told the Journal.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/06/ques...rd-law-school/

So PVL Trash was LYING and Gorsuch let him lie.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Questions arise about Neil Gorsuch’s volunteer claims while at Harvard Law School

“While in law school, he demonstrated a commitment to helping the less fortunate,” President Trump declared when announcing Gorsuch’s nomination on Tuesday. “He worked in both Harvard Prison Legal Assistance Projects and Harvard Defenders Program.”

Yet for “roughly three dozen students who participated in the two programs while Mr. Gorsuch was at Harvard Law School from 1988 to 1991,” they have no memory of Gorsuch ever being involved

two individuals who oversaw the students in these programs did not remember Gorsuch ever being there,

while a third declined to say and a fourth is now deceased. They were joined by more than thirty other students who were involved in these programs and said they did not remember ever seeing Gorsuch present.

“If he was active in PLAP I am sure I would remember him,”

the Harvard Prison Legal Assistance Project as her “most meaningful experience” at Harvard, told the Journal.

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/06/ques...rd-law-school/

So PVL Trash was LYING and Gorsuch let him lie.

& we ain't lettin' ya's off by going nuclear until AFTER you've placed your votes. That way come next November you'll be the record.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supreme Court Nominee Neil Gorsuch Is a Donald Trump-Style Authoritarian

Wilson tried to flee, but an officer tased him in the back of the head and he died of cardiac arrhythmia.

“Mr. Wilson was resisting arrest by fleeing from officers after they identified themselves — even if the crime of which he was suspected was not itself a violent one,” Gorsuch wrote for the majority.

Fellow Judge Mary Beck Briscoe disagreed, saying “A reasonable officer would know that aiming or recklessly tasing Ryan Wilson in the head under the cir stances presented was uncons utional.”

Gorsuch’s rulings have also chipped away at Cons utional protections from warrantless searches. He has repeatedly ruled in favor of police searching vehicles without a warrant after routine traffic stops

Gorsuch also ruled in a case last year that if police track your car with a GPS device for weeks — without going to a judge — the evidence is still admissible at trial, as long as the police have an “objectively reasonable good-faith belief” that what they are doing is legal.

https://theintercept.com/2017/02/01/supreme-court-nominee-neil-gorsuch-is-a-donald-trump-style-authoritarian/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's Choice of Gorsuch Endangers Civil, Human and Environmental Rights

"Even More Radical Than Scalia"

He deferred to Christian organizations about whether the mandate of the ACA to provide contraception to their employees "burdens" their free exercise of religion.

He wrote a book against assisted suicide and voted to uphold a public display of the Ten Commandments.

According to the Sierra Club, Gorsuch "has a record of denigrating the power of agencies like the [Environmental Protection Agency] to make rules to carry out their functions."

Nan Aron, president of Alliance for Justice, said Gorsuch's position on federal regulation was "extremely problematic" and "even more radical than Scalia," adding, "Not requiring courts to defer to agency expertise when an act of Congress is ambiguous, will make it much harder for federal agencies to effectively address a wide variety of critical matters, including labor rights, consumer and financial protections, and environmental law."

Before even joining the bench, [Gorsuch] advocated to make it easier for public companies to defraud investors.

As a judge, he has twisted himself into a pretzel to make sure the rules favor giant companies over workers and individual Americans.

He has sided with employers who deny wages, improperly fire workers, or retaliate against whistleblowers for misconduct.

He has ruled against workers in all manner of discrimination cases.

And he has demonstrated hostility toward women's access to basic health care.

For years, powerful interests have executed a full-scale assault on the integrity of our federal judiciary, trying to turn the Supreme Court into one more rigged game that works only for the rich and the powerful.

They spent millions to keep this seat open, and Judge Gorsuch is their reward.

Every day, our new President finds more ways to demonstrate his hostility for our independent judiciary, our civil society, and the rule of law.

Now more than ever, America needs Supreme Court justices with a proven record of standing up for the rights of all Americans -- civil rights, women's rights, LGBT rights, and all other protections guaranteed by our laws.

We don't need another justice who spends his time looking out for those with money and influence.

"Judge Gorsuch has repeatedly sided with corporations over working people,

demonstrated a hostility toward women's rights, and

most troubling, hewed to an ideological approach to jurisprudence that makes me skeptical that he can be a strong, independent justice on the Court."

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/3...nmental-rights

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Boo...

Gorsuch is gonna be on SCOTUS for the next 40 years.

Suck it ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scarborough Calls Trump’s Judicial Attacks ‘Deeply Disturbing,’ Calls For GOP to ‘Start Pushing Back’

Joe Scarborough, once seen as a one of Donald Trump‘s closest allies in the media, continued to harangue the President this morning over his continued criticism of our nation’s judges.

President Trump yesterday said, “I don’t want to call a court biased, but courts seem to be so political.”

He promptly continued, “I listened to a bunch of stuff last night that was disgraceful. It was disgraceful.” His firm commentary was also joined by a Tweet that was equally critical of the three judges, who are expected to announce their ruling sometime Thursday. Trump wrote, “If the U.S. does not win this case as it so obviously should, we can never have the security and safety to which we are en led. Politics!”

It’s a maneuver that Scarborough slammed Thursday on Morning Joe, saying, “This crosses a bright, bright line that conservatives in my party need to start talking about, and need to start pushing back on.”

deeply disturbing because he keeps talking about how they’re political and he is trying to set them up for blame if there is a terror attack, which there is absolutely positively no evidence that we are facing an eminent threat right now.

Scarborough’s commentary comes just a day after Judge Neil Gorsuch, the President’s choice to replace the late Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court, called Trump’s attack on the judiciary “demoralizing” and “disheartening” in a closed door meeting.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/scarborough-calls-trumps-judicial-attacks-deeply-disturbing-calls-for-gop-to-start-pushing-back/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash denies it but ...

Gorsuch's WH-Appointed Sherpa Confirms Remarks As Prez Sows Doubt

Neil Gorsuch's White House-appointed sherpa confirmed that the nominee did indeed find Trump's comments about judges "disheartening and demoralizing."

former Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), who is aiding Gorsuch in his confirmation process, said in a statement Thursday morning.

"He has also emphasized the importance of an independent judiciary, and while he made clear that he was not referring to any specific case, he said that

he finds any criticism of a judge's integrity and independence disheartening and demoralizing,"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/kell...+%28TPMNews%29

So will Trash tweet back Gorsuch didn't say it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Schumer: Judge Gorsuch, We Won’t Be Fooled Again

I asked him whether an unambiguous Muslim ban would be cons utional. He refused to answer.

I asked him if he agreed with conservative lawyers who say the president has abused executive power. He refused to answer.

I asked him whether he thought the president’s comments on voter fraud would undermine our democracy. He refused to answer.

I asked him about landmark cases like Citizens United and Bush v. Gore. He refused to answer.

Since he claims to be an originalist, I asked him about his view of what the framers intended with the Emoluments Clause in our Cons ution.

He refused to answer any of these questions.

He told me he couldn’t give me his view of any case, past or present, or any cons utional principle, because it might bias him.

This blanket excuse frustrates any examination of what kind of judge the nominee will be.

the only way that Judge Gorsuch was able to demonstrate his independence as a jurist was by asserting it himself.

He could give no evidence of it in his record, and therefore I could have no assurance of it in the future.

a disconcerting feeling came over me that I had been through this before — and I soon realized I had, with Judge John G. Roberts Jr.

He was similarly charming, polished and erudite.

Like Neil Gorsuch, he played the part of a model jurist. And just like Neil Gorsuch, he asserted his independence, claiming to be a judge who simply called “balls and strikes,” unbiased by both ideology and politics.

When Judge Roberts became Justice Roberts, we learned that we had been duped by an activist judge.

The Roberts court systematically and almost immediately shifted to the right, violating longstanding precedent with its rulings in Citizens United and in Shelby v. Holder, which gutted the Voting Rights Act.

Before Justice Scalia died, the court was on the precipice of violating precedent again with Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association, which would have eviscerated unions.

In each instance, there was an attempt to tilt the scales of justice in favor of big business or right-leaning interests.

Rather than calling balls and strikes, Chief Justice Roberts was a 10th player, shifting the power structure toward the privileged and away from the average American.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/10/o...gain.html?_r=0

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And Trump should pull him. Christ, 48 hours and he was already disheartened & demoralized because Trump criticized his fellows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump and McConnell inadvertently make the rock solid case for NOT confirming Supreme Court nominee

Let’s flashback to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s comments on the floor of the United States Senate on March 2, 2016:

“The current Senate Democratic Leader once stated that ‘nowhere in [the Cons ution] does it say the Senate has a duty to give presidential nominees a vote.’ The incoming Senate Democratic Leader did not even wait until the final year of the last President’s term to declare that the Senate should ‘not confirm a Supreme Court nominee except in extraordinary cir stances.’

“And we all know what Vice President Biden said when he chaired the Judiciary Committee.

‘It would be our pragmatic conclusion that once the political season is under way, and it is, action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over.’

er repeatedly called it a "campaign event."

That means Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign will officially be underway tomorrow at the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport.

And per Mitch McConnell and Republican leadership, “once the political season is under way, and it is, action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over.”

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017...-court-nominee

IIRC, Trash has already his papers for the 2020 election.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-17-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roberts got Obamacare though, moron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roberts got Obamacare though, moron.
    he didn't want to go down as guy who stopped health care for Ms, was strictly chicken vanity vote, then gutted ACA by making medicare expansion optional, killing 1000s in red/slave states
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-17-2017 at 06:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he didn't want go down as guy who stopped health care for Ms, was strictly chicken vanity vote, then gutted ACA by by making medicare expansion optional, killing 1000s in red/slave states
    The de able part of ACA was never Medicare expansion, it was the individual mandate bull- ing- that de-elasticized the market thus making the supply/demand curve a vertical ing line so the insurance companies had carte blanche to jack up the prices through the roof as they pleased. So of course they did. Plus, fining regular people for not paying for health insurance is anti-freedom and conscriptionist, and you know it. If Trump does nothing else but gets rid of the individual mandate, he did a good job.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The de able part of ACA was never Medicare expansion, it was the individual mandate bull- ing- that de-elasticized the market thus making the supply/demand curve a vertical ing line so the insurance companies had carte blanche to jack up the prices through the roof as they pleased. So of course they did. Plus, fining regular people for not paying for health insurance is anti-freedom and conscriptionist, and you know it. If Trump does nothing else but gets rid of the individual mandate, he did a good job.
    The UNT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol approvingly quoting one of the dumbest people on this site

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't always agree with The UNT. I find some of his maddening, but, I am not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dale & I see eye to eye on quite a lot actually, surprisingly enough.

Hold your 12, s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dale & I see eye to eye on quite a lot actually, surprisingly enough.

Hold your 12, s
    Yes, you're both blind partisan hacks who would say, "mmmm, more please that tastes like the worlds finest chocolate" if you were fed dog by the right person.

Thread Information