Page 307 of 333 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 8311
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per 24/7, Coach Naivar visited 2019 ATH Jeffery Carter of Aledo and 2019 S Jalen Catalon of Mansfield Legacy yesterday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Guessing he is related to the Catalon kid we signed a few years ago.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas saying K Cameron er wont' make it to campus this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Guessing he is related to the Catalon kid we signed a few years ago.
    Ever since I learned who he was, I thought the same.

However, I haven't ever seen confirmation that they're related.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ever since I learned who he was, I thought the same.

However, I haven't ever seen confirmation that they're related.
    Pretty sure that he is not or we would've known. The RB who signed with Texas transferred to Houston and played under Herman. Something would've been said by now.

It is good to see Coach Streety still involved with high school athletics. I have a great deal of respect for him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It is good to see Coach Streety still involved with high school athletics. I have a great deal of respect for him.
    Don't think I have seen you post before. Welcome.

Streety was excellent at Madison.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2019 ATH Marquez Beason (Dallas Bishop Dunne)

Previously offered at WR.

https://247sports.com/Player/Marquez-Beason-92710

Don't think I have seen you post before. Welcome.

Streety was excellent at Madison.
    I lurk here a lot. I have kept up with UT since being a kid in the days of Chris Giilbert and all that followed. Back then the UT games on the radio were one of the limited sports options and they brought great entertainment to me. I know Coach Streety from his days at New Braunfels High School back in my coaching days and competing against the Unicorns. We were always treated with courtesy and respect and he still displays those qualities . Thanks for your work on this site. I enjoy it.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    He sure loved to run up the score with his starters....I am not a fan, but he sure made Madison very compe ive. Since he left, they suck.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I lurk here a lot. I have kept up with UT since being a kid in the days of Chris Giilbert and all that followed. Back then the UT games on the radio were one of the limited sports options and they brought great entertainment to me. I know Coach Streety from his days at New Braunfels High School back in my coaching days and competing against the Unicorns. We were always treated with courtesy and respect and he still displays those qualities . Thanks for your work on this site. I enjoy it.
    Whoa...

Chris Gilbert!

My dad saw him make a 99 yard run against TCU in Austin but UT still lost. My dad talks about those days. He was at the 15-14 game against Arkansas and said it was not friendly. Said Arkansas was the worst away game for the opposition.

Whoa...

Chris Gilbert!

My dad saw him make a 99 yard run against TCU in Austin but UT still lost. My dad talks about those days. He was at the 15-14 game against Arkansas and said it was not friendly. Said Arkansas was the worst away game for the opposition.
    To really show my age I recall listening to the games when Ernie Koy Jr.played before Gilbert.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    To really show my age I recall listening to the games when Ernie Koy Jr.played before Gilbert.
    Well we need the history on this forum.

Jim Bertelsen. Played for the Rams.

He sure loved to run up the score with his starters....I am not a fan, but he surere made Madison very compe ive. Since he left, they suck.
    I was the coach of a team of a sport beside football so I never had to get drubbed by one of his teams. We were just always treated well when visiting New Braunfels. Still see him around and friendly so I guess our thoughts are formed from a different set of cir stances. Aren't you from Judson? I remember back in high school Judson was in our district and there of course was just one school and under the old classification system they were a AA school. Yep . I am an old fart.
    Last edited by rogcl1; 01-20-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Well we need the history on this forum.

Jim Bertelsen. Played for the Rams.
    He was a very good all purpose back.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    E.J. Holland: Recruiting intel from important OV weekend

Texas is hosting a handful of important targets for official visits this weekend as the Longhorns look to close strong down the stretch. Tom Herman and company built some momentum heading into the late period by landing Daniel Carson on Friday. Could the Longhorns be close to really in another target up front? According to a source close to his recruitment, Louisiana athlete/defensive lineman Michael Williams is having an amazing time early on in his visit. Williams is bonding with the coaching staff and has loved what he’s seen from a football standpoint.

Based on my conversation with the source, it wouldn’t be surprising if Williams made a decision before signing day. The Longhorns are his clear leader at this time, and this visit is only helping strengthen the UT’s position at the top. Texas has yet to offer fellow defensive lineman Caleb Okechukwu, but if he walks away with a scholarship, the Longhorns would be one of his top schools. Whether that happens or not is still up in the air, but the three-star prospect is certainly enjoying his time on campus.

Four-star Yoakum wide receiver Joshua Moore arrived on campus this morning and immediately got a closer look at the facilities, toured the new locker room and spent some time with assistant Drew Mehringer on the field at DKR. Something cool that caught Moore’s attention was the fact that his highlights were playing on the screen above the locker that was on display for him. Little things like that can go a long way. Another interesting note in regards to Moore is that the staff talked to him about playing a little bit of everything on the field. Texas likes Moore as an inside receiver with the potential to play outside but some time at cornerback could be in his future as well.

As far as where things stand in his recruitment, Texas can solidify itself as the team to beat if it continues to impress him this weekend. But Moore won’t be making any kind of decision until signing day.

While he’s not necessarily a true recruit, offensive line graduate transfer target Calvin Anderson might be the most important player on campus this weekend. Texas is focused on selling Anderson on Herb Hand’s ability to prepare him for the 2019 NFL Draft and the strength and conditioning program. UT’s nutrition program will also be a focal point this weekend. Speaking of Hand, UT’s new co-offensive coordinator is in Austin and is playing a huge role in Anderson’s official visit. Hand spent extended time with Anderson today and got to know his family. They all went over to Tom Herman’s house a few hours ago.

Like with Moore, Texas had a special surprise for Anderson. They actually went back and found his high school game film from his time at Austin Westlake and played it on the big screen as he walked onto the field at DKR. Anderson was also really impressed with the facilities at Texas. While they didn’t play with each other, Texas is getting quarterback Sam Ehlinger to help with Anderson’s recruitment as they are both Austin Westlake graduates. Anderson is starting to receive interest from several major programs, but he has a ton of ties to the Texas program, and the Longhorns appear to be in a great position to land him.

Overall, Texas is making strong impressions on every prospect on campus, and that should continue through tomorrow. And by the way, yes, there were cookie cakes.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I was the coach of a team of a sport beside football so I never had to get drubbed by one of his teams. We were just always treated well when visiting New Braunfels. Still see him around and friendly so I guess our thoughts are formed from a different set of cir stances. Aren't you from Judson? I remember back in high school Judson was in our district and there of course was just one school and under the old classification system they were a AA school. Yep . I am an old fart.
    Yes I am a Judson Rocket. BTW, I have no issue with running up the score, just with using your starters the entire game. If the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th string lights me up, so be it, they need playing time too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As a Madison grad, I actually played ball and wrestled with current Mav coach Blaine Peterson, Blaine’s mom was my Algerbra teacher and his dad Russ Peterson was the wrestling coach for about 40 years.

To this day Madison wrestling is like a fraternity. Brothers for life.

Thread Information