Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    But a billion people are Muslim
    And two billion are Christian, and I'm an atheist. Your point is?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The worlds fastest growing religion
    Trump will see to that. Time to drain the swamp and the desert.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you do believe Mohammad did encounter the Angel Gabriel?

So you do buy into...death to those dreaded infidels?
    Where do you get this idea? I already told you, if a non-muslim is oppressing muslims combat is needed. If not, no.

Yes, Jibreel met Muhammad and tought him the commands of Godm

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    All this Islam vs Christianity started with Abraham and his fathering of Ishmael with a handmaid, and Isaac with his wife Sarah. God found favor with Isaac because of him being born through marriage, Ishmael was blessed with forming his own nation, but was born with a handmaid out of wedlock. The Jewish were granted Israel by God, but the Muslims believe it belongs to them. Basically, the fight began there. Im sure the Bible and Koran have different accounts of how it all went down.
    That is so ill informed. I will attempt to answer this when i get off work. Enjoy the weekend.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    OP in a few months

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    OP in a few months

Nah, I am convinced ISIS is a Khawarij. They're Muslims though, but they are Khawarij. Out of the fold of the majority of Muslim population. It's the same group about 1200 years ago during the reign of Uthaman and Ali.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Nah, I am convinced ISIS is a Khawarij. They're Muslims though, but they are Khawarij. Out of the fold of the majority of Muslim population. It's the same group about 1200 years ago during the reign of Uthaman and Ali.
    Got a wife yet? Good time to go burqa shopping, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Got a wife yet? Good time to go burqa shopping, tbh
    nah, he should just kill himself right now and take his fellow islamophiliac that he hates so much, William Anthony Porker, with him. Why have 1 wife when you can have 72?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    nah, he should just kill himself right now and take his fellow islamophiliac that he hates so much, William Anthony Porker, with him. Why have 1 wife when you can have 72?
    72^2, in islam your 72 wives each have 72 servants or something like that and you each one for 100 years

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Religion in general is stupid and has no place in the modern world. It is completely fabricated bull .

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    God of 14,000,000,000 year old Universe felt like repeating the story of Moses 20 times in a book 1400 years ago.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    What grand lesson is there to learn from the fabricated story of the fic ious Moses anyway? That God will intervene in the face of oppression? Where was he during the Holocaust? Where is he now? But back then he decided to drown the Egyptians?

If the story is... just a story, what is so special about this story that God felt the need to repeat it numerous times in the Quran? What moral lesson is there? Is it to impress Gods' power? Or could it simply be that Muhammad overheard some Jewish Arabs and then felt like regurgitating the story and branding it as the word of God.

Islam > Christianity though virgin birth stolen from pagan religions

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    9 year olds dude...

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I have long considered Islam as the purest, without contradiction and a History that makes geographical sense. I pride myself in religious Studies and maybe studying all religions extensively made me make this deicion..However, I've always struggled with the concept of a deity.

The last two years have been a Journey. I Met two international Students from Japan and Brazil who reverted to Islam two years ago and they have been two of my closes friends. I asked them why they made the decision and I'm always astonished.

I am impressed that they think they're not good "muslims" despite practicing things that I just can't fathom practicing. No pork, no alcohol, not even interacting with women, 5 times prayer etc. It seems like the average Muslim in comparison is the most devout christian in my family. The difference in Practice between lay Muslims and other followers of other religion is like the Pacific ocean and a puddle.

Sure there bad apples, but the layman Muslims I have met all seem like they could qualify as priest.

I don't know how to handle this...To be honest, there is so much obiligations and It feels so inconvenient...but I gotta jump water.

Family is going to be devasted.

I know why Islam is attracting a lot of people in the West due to the frustrations of all the sects of Protestantism.

But serious question...have you even looked into Orthodoxy? I don't think it's fair to judge Christianity without looking at the true church. Forget all the Protestant crap. They have absolutely no rituals, no literature, etc A lot of what has guided you to Islam, we've been doing for much longer. Obviously it's not as big in the West as Catholicism but I'm sure there is a Russian or Greek Orthodox Church nearby you somewhere. You should atleast look into it before dismissing Christianity. When you get down to it, Islam is just a hodgepodge of Judaism and Christianity conveniently mashed together because they saw how successful a monotheistic religion was for the Jews and Christians. I have no idea how anybody who is legitimately serious about finding the true faith would even consider Islam

but good luck
    Last edited by Mark Celibate; 02-03-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so when are u going to a goat kent

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    God of 14,000,000,000 year old Universe felt like repeating the story of Moses 20 times in a book 1400 years ago.
    How's that Iranian ban working for ya, Ghazi?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    It you don't look the part it might work for ya. I'm talking if ya don't have a scraggley ass beard, wear a turbin and speak Arabic and stink.

Just how much do you know about the origins of Islam? Or do you care? Familiar with Mohammad who was a murderous tyrant? How he'd add things to the Koran to fit HIS agenda.

Mohammad returns from the cave on the mountain, in that cave he encounters the Angel Gabriel who lays down what Allah wants Mohammad to do.

Do you really believe that? So you buy into all that....kill the non believers....which is a huge message in the Koran?
    its not really any less believable than the story of moses

you said: Mohammad returns from the cave on the mountain, in that cave he encounters the Angel Gabriel who lays down what Allah wants Mohammad to do.

bible says: moses returns from the top of a mountain, where god handed him two tablets with some rules of what all people should do
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-03-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Really, now?

This is probably the worst timimg to convert to anything relating to islam or muslim with someone like Trump running the country.
    Yawn. Trump has no issues with Muslim Americans. Or Canadians. As long as you don't cross the border illegally.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yawn. Trump has no issues with Muslim Americans. Or Canadians. As long as you don't cross the border illegally.
    god forbid he ever has to deal with a muslim judge

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What grand lesson is there to learn from the fabricated story of the fic ious Moses anyway? That God will intervene in the face of oppression? Where was he during the Holocaust? Where is he now? But back then he decided to drown the Egyptians?

If the story is... just a story, what is so special about this story that God felt the need to repeat it numerous times in the Quran? What moral lesson is there? Is it to impress Gods' power? Or could it simply be that Muhammad overheard some Jewish Arabs and then felt like regurgitating the story and branding it as the word of God.

Islam > Christianity though virgin birth stolen from pagan religions
    God is all knowing. He knows the future, the present and the past. Moses Peace be upon him story is told in the Quran because it echos a major repeated trial mankind goes through. It's a reminder. After, the Prophet Muhammad Miracles will cease to exist until the One eyed liar is released.

God wants you as a slave, to understand that no one is deserving of a le that befits God except for he. Moses is not the only example in the Quran..Nimrood, the Giants of Aad etc all have similar purposes.

While Christianity has been corrupted by the Europeans ( Jesus looking white) Mary was a virgin and Jesus peace be upon him is a true miracle.)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know why Islam is attracting a lot of people in the West due to the frustrations of all the sects of Protestantism.

But serious question...have you even looked into Orthodoxy? I don't think it's fair to judge Christianity without looking at the true church. Forget all the Protestant crap. They have absolutely no rituals, no literature, etc A lot of what has guided you to Islam, we've been doing for much longer. Obviously it's not as big in the West as Catholicism but I'm sure there is a Russian or Greek Orthodox Church nearby you somewhere. You should atleast look into it before dismissing Christianity. When you get down to it, Islam is just a hodgepodge of Judaism and Christianity conveniently mashed together because they saw how successful a monotheistic religion was for the Jews and Christians. I have no idea how anybody who is legitimately serious about finding the true faith would even consider Islam

but good luck
    Orthodox christianity is just a lesser corrupted version of western Christianity and catholism. In fact, Constantinople was easily conquored by the turk Muslims because Western and Orthodox christianity felt lile they were different religions...and they are different. One is less corrupted than the other.

The only Christians that will taste heaven are monoatheist christians that lived before the message of Muhammad Pbuh ( no trinity)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

you said: Mohammad returns from the cave on the mountain, in that cave he encounters the Angel Gabriel who lays down what Allah wants Mohammad to do.

bible says: moses returns from the top of a mountain, where god handed him two tablets with some rules of what all people should do
    They are all messengers and Muhammad and Abraham are Gods intimite and dear friends.

Adam is the father of all human beings.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As for marriage, I was informed that Muslims should marry as soon as they can. Apperently, althought not an obligation...It's Makrooh (disliked) to not marry of you can because you just dont want.

But I'm new so I will choose to perfect my practice before marriage.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Christianity is a lot older than Islam, and it's real obvious Mohammad took what he wanted from there for his hoax.

But.....yes, all that Biblical/Koranic stuff reads like Homer, Tolkien, Eddison, Wells. I don't buy any of it. But...do think all this did take a master designer. Who, what....?????

It is easier to just go with a God, people seem to need that, and it really does beat........we just really don't know .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Easy doesn't interest me

Thread Information